Hi from Marseille,France

woisin

Hi there,

my name is Otmane and i am 13 yo,i'm vegetarian since 3 years and vegan since 3/4 months.

I began bodybuilding three days ago with a pair of dumbbels(2*22 lbs).

I'm really sorry for my bad english .

I am in overweight(77kg(170lbs) 1m71(5' 7½")) and my goals are to lose fat, strengthen my body(i want practice parkour but i don't have enough strength in my arms,my legs,in my ba..in all my body^^)and have defined muscles but i don't really want gain a lot of mass.

This my training program(3 sessions per week)can i have some advice?:

4*12 dumbbells squat@44lbs

4*12 dumbbells bench press@26,5lbs

4*12 dumbbells rowing@26,5lbs

4*12 dumbells Seated Press@26,5lbs

4*20-25 crunch

4*15 obliques crunches

2*30s bodycore

The other days i practice running and power walk(i don't manage to run more than 15min so i alternate) and sunday i rest.

Otherwise i have some questions about nutrition,how many protein i must take everyday?what protein sources i must eat in priority?(i heard that soy is not really good for bodybuilding but it's my main protein source)what food i should not eat to lose fat?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Otmane, welcome to the group here! That's awesome that you started working out. I wouldn't worry too much about being over-weight. You're only 13! If you stick with working out regularly muscle will build and your body will cut down on the fat.

What types of things are you normally eating?

-Dylan

Rice,pastas,textured soy protein(50-100g per day),beans,cereals,vegetable and fruit.

The morning i usually eat soy milk with chocolate powder,oat flakes,chocolate-flavor kinoa cereal(i will maybe change that this is very sweet) and fruit or juice fruit.

Hi Otmane. Welcome.

You should make some quick progress since you are just starting out. You can get some pretty good workouts using just your body weight. There's are lots of body weight workouts online if you look and they will probably give you some good ideas about how to challenge yourself and go further.

For your current workout, you may want to get a band so you can do some pullups.. ie. the band makes it a bit easier to start. And on alternate days instead of squats you could throw in some lunges or weighted lunges.

If weight loss is your goal, some easy changes to start with are to cut out processed food like breakfast cereals and to cut out liquid calories like fruit juice or pop. Fruit juice has no fiber so it does not fill you up. Unlike pop, juice does have some nutritional value, but it is still costly in terms of calorie intake. Fruit or a fruit smoothie are better options.

Good luck.

OKay tanks stcalico,i will stop breakfast cereal and pop(even if i drink it very rarely) and try fruit smoothie.

I tried bodyweight workout but i'm really weak(2 pullups max,3 pushups and 0 dips)so i prefer begin with dumbbells to strenghten my body.

Thanks for your welcome !