Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: BLOATING out of nowhere?!!?
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:31 pm 
Rabbit

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainm ... am-1103670

I checked with my building/bridge obsessed boyfriend who confirmed that a few shots are from Glasgow... but I'll watch the film again to be sure... I'm guilty of wearing black most of the time with heeled boots, that's for sure. And a fun fact is that there's a rumor (that I believe) that ice cream vans here sell drugs and cruise the student halls of residence. Very Gotham. And it's still full of large, empty, dramatic industrial buildings. Parts have been completely modernised, but all the old tenements are still here (I live in one).

Yep, way off topic... back to beans.

The cooking process you're talking about sounds very much like slow cooking, which is my cooking method of choice when doing anything involving beans as it's so low effort/energy efficient. I'll try cooking beans for longer and see what happens. As for washing off the gunk, I knew to do that but mainly because of the high sodium levels. I might look into this further for fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 am 
Rabbit

how long would you suggest cooking tofu for?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:40 am 
Rabbit

Tofu depends a great deal on the method, but I would encourage you to compare it to the different methods of cooking a potato:

If you cut a potato into thin strips, and then put it in a deep-fryer, you can cook it thoroughly in circa 5 minutes (and yeah, if you're vegan, owning a deep fryer at home won't result in gaining much weight... I recommend it thoroughly).

By contrast, baking a whole potato in the oven takes quite a long time, and pan-frying (without boiling first) can be unpredictable.

If you want to make rapid stir-fry use of tofu, I would encourage you to boil it first (this also works with potatos, BTW).

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm 
Gorilla

maybenot wrote:
parsley juice helps a lot to eliminate bad gas.

I can attest to this. I have started adding 1 tsp of raw chopped packed parsley to my lunch meals (~1.5 cups rice and ~2-2.5 cups mixed beans, assorted raw vegetables, tempeh). My gas has dramatically decreased, but not entirely dissipated. I might try increasing the amount of parsley.

That's 200 solid ass-pounds! Good work buddy.
vegan_rossco, the ghost hunter wrote:
I can see how some people might mistake this as paranormal when really its just an example of your brain being an asshole