Too much green lentils? Vegetables which don't create gas?

Hello, been a vegan for about 3 years now. Trying to put on weight and I found eating green lentils was fairly easy. I have been eating a lot over the last few weeks and I have spent most of today at the bathroom! I have been having a lot of gas for what I am guessing since I started eating them. However, in the last day the Gas has the most horrid smell and I can't hold anything in my stomach.

Anyone had any experiences like this from eating beans etc? I'm thinking about stopping lentils completely for now and giving my stomach a clean out before I begin eating foods again.

What vegetables do not create gas?!?

I love green smoothies myself. I slowly started add more and more spinach or kale which are a good source of iron ...you can eat lots of greens and they have VERY few calories for the protein they provide. Quinoa is a seed.. but it is a very good source of protein. Avocados are good source of healthy fat and protein. Sweet potato .. again has protein. I was recently reading about some people in Russia who survived on potatoes only for an entire 6 months and when tested their protein levels were fine. I like to have a good mix of food personally.. I suspect too much of any one thing is not all that good for you. ie. I'll have something like sweet potato and lentil soup. The variety also helps to ensure I'm getting a good amino acid profile over the course of a day.

• 3 weeks later...

ChIA seeds have more protein than any other seed. a decent amount of protein, more omega 3's (oz for oz) than Salmon! more calcium than milk, and THREE times more iron than Spinach. I usually vitamix-juice 1lb of spinach with 10oz of frozen raspberries or strawberries and banana, and add chia seeds or hemp seeds. Read about chia seeds, they are amazing, and are what aztec warriors are made of!

• 3 weeks later...
LOL, show me a 'typical' meat-eating bodybuilder that isn't gassy after a tray of eggs, a whole chicken and a few protein shakes.

I'd bet money on us being less gassy on all our veges, fruits and nuts...

We are less gassy and also our gas doesn't stink.

• 4 weeks later...