Hello everyone

davej80

Hello everyone.

I'm Dave. I'm new to this forum. I'm 32, living around the Pasadena area of Los Angeles county and have been vegetarian for about 4 years. I'm working on being vegan. I'm like 99% there.

I've lifted on and off for a numbers of years without much success.

Recently, I've been suffering from low T levels (and everything associated with that) and dealing with a a family history of Alzheimer's. My father who is relatively young as been declining as of late. With no cure or way to prevent, my best shot is to be healthy.

All of this has motivated me to get as healthy as possible and has given me the push to go 100% plant based and hit the gym. I even enlisted a trainer, from whom I've learned a lot from in the past month. My results have been slow and steady. I'm still trying to root out the cause of my low T so I think that is holding me back a little but it has given me the drive to work that much harder.

So I'm glad to be here and meet you all.

Hey Dave, really is great to have you here and your story sounds so positive ~ I'm excited for your future and what you can achieve!

I'm sending out some good vibes to your father, just as a sidenote I was talking with a doctor a couple of days ago about Alzheimers. He is getting fantastic results treating his patients suffering with Alzheimers by using coconut oil, he has them taking 2 x tablespoons per day and the results are fast and very real/noticeable. Just thought I would mention that.

Look forward to seeing you posting more around the forum, and please consider starting up a journal to log all of your training; you will get some useful feedback in there from other members as well as being a good place of reference to look back on. Cheers MF.

Hi. I have Alzheimer's in the family too. You can try eating Omega 3 DHA or ALA. DHA you can get from algae oil. ALA can convert to DHA but the conversion rate is very low. Your brain is 60% fats, 90%+ of those are DHA's. DHA's can improve memory and reduce your risk for Alzheimer's.

Also I think monounsaturated and saturated fats can increase your testosterone. Fats make hormones so make sure you aren't on a low fat diet.