Almost Show Time!

fergmeister

Greetings from Greenville, SC! This is Erin, 29, and I'm competing in my first figure show June 15. I posted my "six weeks out" pic in the progress section but realized I never completed an intro. I love my job, which is teaching personal training at a technical college. My students are fascinated by my lifestyle and much more open minded and inquisitive about it than I thought they would be in this part of the country. I have proven to them that a person can be strong, healthy, beautiful and have tons of energy on a plant-based diet, and I try to give them as much information as I can so they can help clients who are interested in going vegetarian or vegan.

I have been vegetarian since age 17 and about 90% vegan from 2007-2013, and I made the commitment three months ago to be 100% vegan from now on. I love spreading the message, and I can't wait to represent on stage! I plan on doing a few shows this summer, and my goal after that may be training for fitness competitions because I have a dance and gymnastics background. I also hope to get involved with plant-powered athlete teams and writing and activism opportunities.

I'm feeling pretty alone and this stage in the training, because I'm surrounded by meatheads and juiceheads. I still need some advice for the last two weeks of prep, so please direct me to links already posted on here and/or some good resources or online coaching I can purchase.

Thanks, and I look forward to "meeting" more fit vegans!!!

Hi Erin

Looking lean, them guns are loaded, nice detail in the delts too:)

Am just new to the forum myself, but with regards to how your feeling let me just say this Erin...

Give 100% and let the chips fall were they may, do not allow others to deter you from your sharply defined goals...

Also, do not think of it as being the odd one out, you ARE the leader showing the rest the way...

How the others look is something you have no control over, instead focus on what you do have control over...yourself!

to your success:)

Rob