Time to Finish What I Started

After a few years on & off trainging I hit a personal low this year.

Unable to train through work ,school, activism & family problems I then lost track of my diet and I probaly well overconsumed.

When I finally realised I had to buy new suits for a family event I knew I had gone too far.

Though my bodyfat percentage was 22.5% I had skyrocketed to 82 kilos.

In the last month I have replaced those cans of cokes during the day with fruit juice& smoothies.

I now hold myself accountable to 4 days of weight training as well as making sure I do something active on the last three days.

All processed foods are out and I am now eating as natural as possible. Between work & school travel I still eat food while I am out due to convience I now make sure I am taking the healthiest track possible.

I am posting here so I can have some motivation from others who have "made it" .

In terms of goals for the time being, I want to cut down to 68 kilos. Maybe one day bulk up again to something bigger.

Being new to veganism , how nessecary is it to make sure I am getting B12 supplements?

Fat27thapril.jpg.4899807438f4e955b7c9439891c01dd6.jpg

82 Kilos ,22.5 BF

good luck, i had blood tests recently, my b12 was right in the middle of the healthy/ref range partially from a daily multi, but mainly from fortified foods (soy milk)

but yeah, my b12 was 415 nmol/l and the ref range is 135-650 nmol/l, most soy milks are fortified, my main source is 1 cup soymilk in oats for breakfast and a multi, though i'm not sure that does much

anyway, good luck, it's a good idea to start counting your calories, making sure you are at a defecit, and start exercising

I might get onto nutritional yeast while I can then.

I'm 3 weeks back into gym and I recon I have already made great progress , looking forward to next weeks pics.

I will soon for now, I am just focusing on my protein intake and cutting out high dense carb meals I have.

• 2 weeks later...

If you were recently omnivore, you do have a 'limited' store of b12 and will do okay without supplementing in the short term. If you were vegetarian.. don't trust that you have any extra b12 stores.

If you are planning to remain vegan for the long term, you should start supplementing B12. B12 deficiency is the most common reason someone will get unhealthy and go back to animal products. Here's a brief article about that.

It is better to get a little too much than not enough. Make sure you know the symptoms of a deficiency if you are going to try to make a go of it with just fortified foods, as the effects of a deficiency can be severe and lasting (ie, nerves don't regenerate well).

Welcome and good luck in reaching your goals.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise if this picture isn't done properly. I have no access to a comp atm, relying on mobile!

Seeing great changes such as how I am finally able to fit into shirts I havn't been able to for well over a year.

Have been in a rut though the last few days , working 16 hour shifts, just needing sleep time I get home.Need to get back into it before this becomes a habit.

Also , really starting to love the effect of consuming 80+grams of protein a day!

27thmay.jpg.1ace74d49b67eb76539a70cf9546675e.jpg

About the 27th May

• 2 months later...