Can't stop eating!!!

Hi Guys!

I have been vegan for years, but have eaten vegetarian when out occasionally. I lost weight after travelling from boxing and have started muscle building because I want to be as healthy as possible, and hopefully get my muscles on stage next year!!!

My problem is that I am feeling quite heavy and fat (I know I'm not fat by the way) Its just when I am building muscle and my pants are getting tighter, I'm feeling horrible and just want to get back to my comfortable 'skinny fat' body.

How can I 1. stop the 'muffin top' creeping over my pants and 2. control my eating because I eat sooooo much while I'm training?

I have read the vegan nutrition posts and that has taught me so much, thanks!!

Regards,

Carrie

IMAG1054-1.jpg.04f0c19ae00f0b0971bea2415b4cabd3.jpg

Before I started building muscle, I had lost a few kilos and was at this stage from boxing.

IMAG1543_1.jpg.1f6de0a133b4ef4feefd2462deb9414b.jpg

This is 3 weeks after I started a weights program...

IMAG1559_1.jpg.e1cd27f4c47f254f9648048e50fe05f1.jpg

This is recent (my 4th week)

You look awesome to me, wish my abs were that far along. Surely exercise is cutting down the muffin top as it's toning? My appetite spikes massively when I exercise too, but I generally tend to cut down on fats and carbs and up on veg and liquids to balance it out. Curiously I find my rest days to be the ones where I can't stop eating all day. It might just need time to balance?

You look awesome to me, wish my abs were that far along. Surely exercise is cutting down the muffin top as it's toning? My appetite spikes massively when I exercise too, but I generally tend to cut down on fats and carbs and up on veg and liquids to balance it out. Curiously I find my rest days to be the ones where I can't stop eating all day. It might just need time to balance?

Thanks, I appreciate your encouraging words! I am thinking that it was more the amount I ate at some meals that was making me fat and exercise wasn't helping at this stage because I was stuffing myself and slowing the digestive process. I also eat more on the rest days! Our body must need more food for recovery process on rest days

Balance, you use a great word there, I think it is all about balance. I have started today preparing clean meals for the week and I will get into a stable routine

I like to calorie and carb cycle. It's great for diet adherence with a reward-type structure. On my lifting days I get to eat lots, on my off days not so much. It works great because on days are when I am snackiest.

Example. My TDEE is 3,000kcal, give or take. I eat 2,500 on off days and 3,500 on exercise days. I drop carbs to about 150g on off days and double them on exercise days. Intermittent fasting helps a lot with hunger control too.

Either way you look great.

• 2 weeks later...
I like to calorie and carb cycle. It's great for diet adherence with a reward-type structure. On my lifting days I get to eat lots, on my off days not so much. It works great because on days are when I am snackiest.

Example. My TDEE is 3,000kcal, give or take. I eat 2,500 on off days and 3,500 on exercise days. I drop carbs to about 150g on off days and double them on exercise days. Intermittent fasting helps a lot with hunger control too.

Either way you look great.

strong > This