How do I get a more defined stomach?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xveganxunityx
Finch

How do I get a more defined stomach?

#1 Postby xveganxunityx » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm trying to tone my body, arms and what not. But I seem to have flat abs then a bit of a belly like a bump, could it be what I'm eating? Or do I just need to lose some weight?

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

Re: How do I get a more defined stomach?

#2 Postby VeganEssentials » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm

1. Lose more overall bodyfat, if you aren't lean enough, even the biggest abs won't show (I'm a prime example of that).

2. Never hurts to work your abs at least semi-regularly, but if you do lots of heavy squats/deadlifts/standing overhead presses, you'll get a lot of indirect ab work that will help as well.

They say great abs are built in the kitchen, there's a lot of truth to it!
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

nonipwr
Rabbit

#3 Postby nonipwr » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

Kitchen!!! Agreed.

Justin Morgan
Rabbit

#4 Postby Justin Morgan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 pm

What does it look like when you wake up in the morning? It's not uncommon for vegans in particular to consume a large volume of food, and for it to cause their stomachs to stick out until it digests. So if your stomach "bulge" is gone in the morning, then I wouldn't worry about it, it's obviously not fat. If you consistently have a bulge though, then that might be fat.

If it's fat then follow VeganEssential's advice.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”