Hi all

AndiMorris

Hi guys, new here so I thought I'd do the usual thing and post an intro.

Weight: 70kg

Height: 5' 11"

Squat: 95kg

Press: 40kg

Deadlift: 110kg

Nutrition:

I've been vegetarian for about 15 years, I eliminated dairy at the start of the year and have been vegan for the last month or so and feel great for it. I still have a couple of days worth left of my recovery whey shake powder, but once that's gone I'll be using Brendan Brazier's recipes to create my own pre and post workout snacks and drinks. I do a lot of touring with two bands, and sometimes will struggle to eat clean when on tour, and also sometimes will likely struggle to eat vegan, but where possible I'll do both.

Fitness:

After doing literally no sport or exercise since leaving school in 1996 I decided to get to the gym and waste a ton of time on the machines there doing the usual 3 comfortable sets of 10 on everything. This lasted about a year until somebody told me about the Stronglifts program, which I followed for around a year, hit a plateau and stayed there, training on and off. Then just under a year ago I joined my local Crossfit box and haven't looked back. Love it or hate it, the almost one to one coaching, and community spirit has really spurred me on with my training and I usually go 3 to 4 times a week.

Goals:

Looking to drop body fat further to around 12~13% (dropped from 18% to 15% over the last couple of months) without losing too much strength, then follow a clean diet (mainly Brendan Brazier's Thrive diet) to try and get a clean bulk going on. I'd like to gain a lot of extra strength on all my lifts plus generally improve on all the other Crossfit gymnastic movements.

Welcome to the forum Andi, congrats on your weight loss.

Once you have a feel of the forum I'd really urge you to think about starting up a journal; you will get plenty of useful feedback and it also gives you a sense of accountability as well. From a reference point of view as well, it's pretty neat to be able to look back on what you were doing a year ago and see how the progress you have made.

Your career sounds fantastic, what band are you with? You're a roadie or musician? Cheers MF.

I'm in two bands, a hardcore punk band called Extreme Noise Terror and a death metal band called Desecration. It's good fun!

I keep a training journal on tumblr at the moment, but once I get a bit of a post count up on here I'll happily copy this into a journal on this forum too.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes I did, significantly less bloating and much better skin. I've always suffered with spots, and I don't think I've had one since I cut the dairy out. My recovery whey powder finished last night, so it's Brendan Brazier's recovery drink recipes from now on. I'm pretty excited to try them out and see if I can notice the difference.

Yes I did, significantly less bloating and much better skin. I've always suffered with spots, and I don't think I've had one since I cut the dairy out. My recovery whey powder finished last night, so it's Brendan Brazier's recovery drink recipes from now on. I'm pretty excited to try them out and see if I can notice the difference.

Awesome, I was similar, people commented how my skin was glowing once I made the change