Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 6 Months of Solid Training Also what the hell is up with
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 am 
Manatee

I would agree that you're more somewhere between 12-15%. How are you measuring this?

My bands:
Extreme Noise Terror (hardcore punk)
Desecration (death metal)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:12 am 
Rabbit

MattSxvx wrote:
He looks like he is about 10-11 percent. Not too far off...

I disagree. I'm 11% in my pic (check my signature) and am easily 2 - 3% leaner than his hence my estimation of 15%

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/nkia.png/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 am 
Gorilla

I admit I under estimated my body fat. But for the amount of food I was consuming I am surprised I stay that lean. Some people do carry body fat differently though but It's hard for me to say what I was because I used a ghetto rigged version of body fat calipers.

That chapter done and over with now. I was having SERIOUS issues with the quantity of food I was eating. I wasn't dirty bulking and was eating very clean, but the fact of the matter is I was very lethargic and tired all the time eating 4,000ish kcal. I was eating a lot of whole grains which I've since cut from my diet and I feel A LOT better.

I used to subscribe to the idea that you need to eat big to get big and honestly, that's just not true because since dropping my average calorie intake to an average of 3,000 I've dropped a bunch of body fat and made some seriously good strength gains. My thinking is that because I am missing intestines I don't gain fat easily even when bulking. I was still making good gains while eating a lot but there would be nights where I was so hot from that amount of food I would barely sleep, and I was up and down up and down using the bathroom which sometimes negatively effected lifting sessions.

But on the other side of the coin because of my compromised guts I do better with just enough calories because it strains my digestive system to process it.

My mentality has shifted a lot in the month or so I've been controlling my calories; my body has set a new psychological set point and I always seem to eat exactly what I need for that day so I don't even count calories per-se anymore. My brain did this when I was eating 4,000kcal a day because I convinced it I needed it; so I'd always eat almost exactly that without counting calories. It's interesting how you can deceive yourself.

I tend to eat 2,500-2,750 kcal on off days and around 3,000 to 3,200 on lifting days. Mostly I don't pay attention to calories and just keep my protein around 200-250g, avoid grains, and lower my carbohydrate intake a bit on off days favoring fat. It always seems to work out.

As such I don't stress over my weight anymore, or what my body fat actually is, because it is what it is and I am doing my very best and being very mindful of my training and diet; I know it's lower though because I can now see the outline of my obliques clear as day and feel and see the valleys between my abs.

I'll have to take some pictures one day soon.