Looking to lose fat, gain muscle in legs. New routine!!

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

SaraTonin
Rabbit

Looking to lose fat, gain muscle in legs. New routine!!

#1 Postby SaraTonin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:42 am

Long story short, I have lost 50lbs in the past 2 years and started putting on great upper body muscle but can not slim down or tone my legs. I am pear shape with a long torso. I already to a done of squats, lunges and deadlifts. Always do cardio on strength days. An advice would be great!!
"Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds."

Justin Morgan
Rabbit

Re: Looking to lose fat, gain muscle in legs. New routine!!

#2 Postby Justin Morgan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 am

Has your fat loss stopped? 50 ibs in two years seems like a great rate. 1 pound per week seems ideal for fat loss. If you are getting stronger though (in your legs), and you are still dropping fat then it seems logical just to keep doing what you've been doing. You can't change where your body stores fat, all you can do is loose the fat.
Of course if you have skinny legs and are wanting to make them bigger that's different. Hopefully someone with more wisdom will respond. That's just my two cents which may or may not be worth much.

tomvegan
Rabbit

Re: Looking to lose fat, gain muscle in legs. New routine!!

#3 Postby tomvegan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:08 am

Hey Sara,

It has to do with your diet, or your training (or both). Could you post your training routine and food intake?
XVX

Current stats:
Height: 1.78m
Weight: 88.2kg
Body Fat: 10.45%

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”