Any PTs out there

JubNZ

Hey Team,

While in Vancouver, am considering getting a PT cert (online). Anyone got any recommendations etc?

Seems like the Cert itself does not matter so much, as you gain all the experience etc in the gym?

Jub,

I currently hold an NSCA Certification since 2001, and my first cert was ACE from 1998-2001. NSCA is a good organization. If you're looking to do something more web-based that's still reputable look into ISSA. I think they are accredited too. Main thing is done let a cert be the end of your education. Good trainers use them for a credential and that's it. Always learn, and always be a student and be excited and passionate to share what you learn and you'll do an amazing job. I've been in the industry since 1998 and it has been nothing but an outstanding, extremely rewarding experience. If I can help in anyway don't hesitate to ask!

All the best to you!

Thanks for the advice, I was going to go with the ACE online course. But the ISSA looks very similar, which would you recommend? They both seem to be valid in quite a few countries around the world which is ideal for me

Jub,

Either is a solid choice. ACE may be more marketable, but I know many who are ISSA and love it. I'd say if you are already familiarizing yourself with ACE stay with it!

Thanks for the help man!

Hi I'm in Vancouver, I took the ACSM exam. I work for a personal training school and a lot more students are taking ACE now .

Hey pphelps,

thanks for posting! When you say more students are taking the ACE now, is that a good thing in your opinion? Which school are you at?

Jub

Hi I'm in Vancouver, I took the ACSM exam. I work for a personal training school and a lot more students are taking ACE now .

Hey pphelps,

thanks for posting! When you say more students are taking the ACE now, is that a good thing in your opinion? Which school are you at?

Jub

I work for Infofit educators, have a look at their website. If you want to get into clinical exercise then do ACSM its more geared to that, ACE is a great certification to have also planning on starting studying to take ACE PT exam .

Hey pphelps,

Jub

I work for Infofit educators, have a look at their website. If you want to get into clinical exercise then do ACSM its more geared to that, ACE is a great certification to have also planning on starting studying to take ACE PT exam .

Sweet, will check it out now Thanks, looks liek ACE it is for me!