new member (Asheville, NC)

stronghands1

Hi:

I went vegan back in 2004, and avoided a heart bypass operation. I pretty well continued, about 85% vegan with some trips for cooked cow cadavers. (steak or such) Now, went back to vegan. Got a trainer at the gym, needed the exercise. Needing an outline, went to the RAVE type of nutritiion, had been following Hallelujah Acres for some 8 years. Anyway, I'm 6'3", now 205#, at one time I weighed 310# and took size 50 trousers. Got into a size medium shirt for the first time since maybe 10th or 11th grade. I'm 70 years, retired Pharmacist and NC LMBT. i don't know what i want to do when i grow up! Looking for encouragement, maybe a vegan buddy / gym buddy.

hahaha I love that you're 70 and you don't know what to do when you grow up! Welcome to the community here. The waters are friendly, start replying to other people's threads, buddies aren't hard to come by. If you are looking to meet people in your area 2 suggestions, use the search feature and type in NC, north carolina, asheville, and or nearby cities and then when you find people reply to their threads or send them a private message. Other than that you can always put up a post in the regional section. Something like looking for a gym budding in NC or something.

-Dylan