From Brazil

Regis

Hi everyone.

I’m 24 and have been a vegan since october 2008. I changed my diet to vegan in 45 days after watching Earthlings and a brazilian documentary film "A carne é fraca". I kept searching for veganism on internet because it was my only source of information (in 2008 i lived in a small town and i knew no vegans or vegetarians). I really like to be vegan for two reasons: animals and my own health.

When i became adult i became a little lazy adult too although i have been ride a bike (~16km) everyday to go to university for 2 years.

Now im living in a big town. Im doing nothing about exercise here and i want to start a training to gain muscle mass. I have a twin brother. Usually we do everything together but he is lazier than me so i cant count on him to inspire me. I hope this forum could help me.

Brazilians dont have so many options of vegan supplement (only soy protein, creatine and BCAA, i think). Im not considering import products because its very expensive so im thinking what can i do about that. I dont know if i would like to go to a gym. What equipment i would need to train at home?

Sorry, my English isnt good. xD

If anyone here speaks portuguese or esperanto, please contact me.

This forum will help me improve my english too.

Thanks, bye!

I guess you will have to be the inspiration for your brother then heh! Sometimes it is motivational when you have someone to compete with.

Protein and other supplements aren't really necessary and not necessarily healthy anyway so don't worry too much about that. Just focus on eating whole, nutrient dense foods and you will be fine.

You can start off doing body weight exercises. Might be fun to work on those type of exercises and use them to start doing some parkour? But if you think body weight exercises will get boring for you, then I'd suggest joining a gym at first. Having access to the gym equipment will give you an idea of what you would need to buy for home if you decide to go that route.

Welcome and good luck.

Yes, Jub.

Brazilians living in the south say that people here eat a lot of meat and those who live in the northeast and other regions says the same.

Thanks, Mini Forklift.

AndiMorris, you can eat beans and rice here

Dont expect to find many options of processed foods in supermarket.

Which city / cities you will visit? If it is a big city so maybe there is vegetarian restaurants.

Yes, Jub.

AndiMorris, you can eat beans and rice here

Dont expect to find many options of processed foods in supermarket.

Which city / cities you will visit? If it is a big city so maybe there is vegetarian restaurants.

I'm not sure yet, it will likely be about 5 or 6 cities.

• 1 month later...

I am brazilian too.

Veganism is growing here in Brazil. In my family there are ten vegans.

Last year I was in Miami, Orlando and Tampa and I was astonish with how many vegan options of foods and delicious vegan sandwiches that were at Whole Foods Market.

I live in São Paulo (biggest city in Brazil) and there are some good options here but if you travel to small cities you wont find options.

I've been vegan since 2008 and now I want prepare my body to my first 5k race and I want gain some muscles in my arms.