A few photos over the years...

I've never really known what my potential could have been like as a BB'er as I've switched sports too much lol. Mainly I bounce between endurance sports and powerlifting, but these two photos here were taken right back when I first started hitting the weights seriously. These two were taken in 2003...

10965_187310373719_4419584_n.jpg

237_12916353719_7395_n.jpg

This one is the earliest photo I have, taken in 1998 in my cabin when I working onboard QE2 cruise liner...

http://www.coldquads.com/gallery/images/bjs1.jpg

And this back shot is from about 5yrs later after I'd got a bit of training under my belt, taken during an attempted bulk up phase !!

http://www.coldquads.com/gallery/images/bjs2.jpg

In 2004 I had a go at powerlifting for the first time, somehow ended up winning my first raw meet even though I had no idea how to train for it. I was still training like a BB'er back then, but it was good enough for me to win the "220lb and under" class...

195_10798308719_2414_n.jpg

The next 5 or 6 years I ran a few ultramarathons, 12 full marathons, 30+ half marathons, some cycling races and triathlons before finally getting back into the gym in 2011...

189851_10150108527623720_569591_n.jpg

Arms were always a strong bodypart for me and I think a few people doubted me when I said I trained them once or twice a month. Ain't my fault

So now as my late 30's approach, and once my heart issues are sorted I'm really keen to start smashing up the weights and look better at 40 than I did when I was 20...

378102_10150442645813720_682131890_n.jpg

** I cropped that photo to use as my avatar, you can hopefully see that it's 'untouched' as in the past there's been a few people think it's been altered or sharpened in some way.

Good stuff brother! You have a great physique and you could easily do natural BB shows. Would love to see a back shot at your leanest. Back and legs win shows. But based on the pics there, you don't need much if any at all. Correct posing is a large part of BB shows. Keep up the great work!!!

Cheers guys. I think my physique is very achievable, all it takes is consistency and discipline with your nutrition, training and recovery and the motivation to continually want to improve.

I always refer to myself as a 'work in progress'. I might not be there yet but at least I'm not where I used to be.

Good stuff brother! You have a great physique and you could easily do natural BB shows. Would love to see a back shot at your leanest. Back and legs win shows. But based on the pics there, you don't need much if any at all. Correct posing is a large part of BB shows. Keep up the great work!!!

Don't know if this was my leanest, but this is probably a better shot

RDB.jpg.019b3555420db29d03b185dca82fc7c6.jpg