Hi to everyone - from Italy

palicao

Hello all

I just found this beautiful forum and I am very impressed and happy I found you!

I am on a quest to change my life and lifestyle - I am a very very new vegan after years and years of being vegetarian - and this looks exactly what I was looking for: a nice and warm vegan community with lot of info and interesting threads.

I am 30yo, male and a bit of a fashion victim, I work in a shop and I began my trip to a more ethical living years ago. at the moment I am in a difficult situation, which I am trying to tackle in the correct way but having read too much I am very confused

I am naturally very skinny, I never really went to the gym, but in the last years or so I got this unpleasant belly fat that is now making me feel uncomfortable with my body shape and I realized I am not eating very healthy plus I really should do something to get the body I always dreamed about.

This was a decision that was very long to take for me, I am extremely lazy LOL (the book-worm type of laziness), but I decided I would stop complaining about my self-image and I would make progresses towards a better living and a healthier diet.

Gym will need to be involved in this, I don't know how exactly at the moment as I am a complete novice and here in Bologna where I live gyms are not exactly easy to find or open very much during the evening. Also getting the right food might be daunting - with next to nothing specialized shops or supermarkets all selling the same kind of not-so-nice tofu and seitan!

I know it will be a difficult path but also rewarding and I am here to start my first steps.

I hope you will forgive my complete naivety about pretty much everything related to fitness and I also hope I will find here support and good advises and the necessary feedback.

In return I certainly can share all my enthusiasm and passion, especially for friendship, cooking (I'm a pro on that, for sure!) and other geek things here and there. I also love music and playing games, but that's another story!

thank you for reading this and

a big hug from Itaaaaaaly!

Palicao

Sounds like you could be my brother Palicao... fashion victim in his 30's, skinny, a little lazy sometimes etc etc. Haha! Welcome to VBB anyway, nice to have you on here. This is a great community that is constantly growing (with both members and knowledge) and I am sure you will settle in and feel at home really fast.

Also nice to read that you enjoy cooking, another one of my passions. I have a vegan food/recipe thread on here somewhere that you might want to hunt down at some point ?! Look forward to seeing you around the board posting more, all the best MF.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!

And hurray to the fashion victims eh eh

I am lurking around trying to find where to start as this forum is full of contents and inspirations.

At the moment I am playing animal crossing like there is not tomorrow :3 but I am an old mmo addict.

• 4 weeks later...