Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:38 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

That's good to hear.

Much planned for the weekend?

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 pm 
VBB Moderator

MF, sorry dude I don't journal as much as I'd like.

My hand is still swollen 2 1/2 weeks later. Ice and ibuprofen seem to help but lifting and over-using my hands on the computer at my new job are preventing it from healing I think.

Been doing a lot of abs, back, and chest lately. A lot of the arm workouts are tricky with my hand injury.

I miss being on a soccer team. I'm going to get into some pick up games soon and then hopefully get back on a team in June or July.

Food journal: Eating way too many cliff bars. Like every morning the last week and a half:

Cliff bar, banana, orange, and some times green smoothie.

Lunch way too many annie's burritos....

Dinner's been good. Been cooking more and doing a million different vegetables with rice or hummus or lentils or quinoa.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:24 pm 
VBB Moderator

Updates: Went to the Global Kitchen exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History. Good stuff, a well done mix of new info as well as basic info and some kid friendly stuff. They even had a tasting, cant beat that.

My hands are still injured its been 4 weeks. I've started to do stretching exercises, I think they are helpful.

Got in our monthly Whoreshare delivery. If you live in NYC please hit me up this is great service to get organic foods delivered from local farms in new york. Loving the mango and rasberry purees that we got as well as the giant order of kale.

Got in a good leg workout today. Walking home from the gym with jello legs was actually kind of enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:46 pm 
VBB Moderator

CHecked out the seed fest the other day. GOod to see Giacomo and meet Amanda. Nick helped hold it down as well this year.

Its getting muggy in the big apple and the heat isnt even here yet. I fear it.

Want to get in a swim at the gym and give my hand injury and rest.

Any suggestions on good snack foods or non messy foods to bring to an event that you dont want to have much to deal with as far as carrying or clean up or spill danger?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:59 am 
VBB Moderator

Shrinking and tied a push-up contest that I should have easily won at work a couple days ago. Back to the gym today! Going hard on arms, shoulders and chest.

Went to a hardcore show Thursday, Comeback Kid. The drummer had a shirt that said VEGAN huge on it. I took some not the best pics but I'll post in the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm 
VBB Moderator

Had a good discussion with a friend that recently went to a health, nutrition and fitness event. It was about breakfast foods, how the idea of what to eat for breakfast has been ingrained in everyone that its weird to eat not typical breakfast foods for the first meal of the day. Also how this one particular woman, unfortunately I forgot her name starts here day with food with a purpose, for energy, and so she starts her morning with vegetables.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:48 pm 
VBB Moderator

Been drinking too much beer, not tons but just more regularly like 3 or 4 nights a week I'll have a couple, I don't think its good for my abs haha. Also I'm not eating enough greens lately.

Also been drinking too much caffeine in the form of green tea. I need to learn more about caffeine. Anyone reading this that has any knowledge please pass it my way. It seems coffee is always the culprit. Green tea I have heard has several health benefits. I still feel like drinking too much caffeine even from green tea causes negative effects to my head and perhaps my body as well too I'm not sure. I need to do some research.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:25 pm 
VBB Moderator

Today is a day to get my curls on. Preacher and hammer. Also a swim day if the wait isn't too long.

Went on a 4-hr urban foraging tour with wild man Steve in Central Park yesterday. Pretty awesome. We found all kinds of edible plants and brought quite a bit home and cooked with them. Field garlic and wood sorrel that has a great lemony flavor. I'll post a thread with info.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:19 pm 
VBB Moderator

If you are even in Lancaster, PA, home of lots of Amish, check out The Seed. Its an awesome vegan cafe, great food, good vibe, and they make their own super delicious kombucha.

If you are ever in Acadia, Maine, they have some of the best wild blue berries and they are abundant.

Two great trips I took recently and found some really good food.

Going to get back into leg workouts this week. Haven't played on a soccer team in a few months and want to get back into it soon. Going to watch Chelsea and Inter Milan play in Jersey tomorrow though!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:45 pm 
VBB Moderator

NYC Restaurant week which actually lasts like a month is awesome. The only hard part is that you get to choose from 3 or 4 choices from each of 3 courses and if you aren't going to a veg specific place you may have only one or less choice. So this has been a delicious losing battle but the best solution i've come up with is inviting friends out to a veg restaurant for restaurant week so then Im not so limited on choices. Maybe it will open some of their minds into trying more plant based dishes as well.

Been slipping at the gym down to once a week last couple of weeks, had some good hikes in though. Gotta get back up to 3 days if I want the work to make any difference though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:37 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

That urban foraging tour sounds great, did you come away with quite a bit of stuff then?

Hope you have had a good weekend Dylan, keep up the good work with the hiking and gym MF.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:10 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yeah the urban foraging tour was great. I'll need to refresh my memory before I go out and forage again without a guide though. Its amazing how much foraging you can do in an urban park in nyc though.

My main issue with fitness progress is inconsistancy. Once or twice a week just doesn't lead to any progress, I know.

Played outdoor soccer Wednesday on a friends team, it was a playoff game for them. Scored a header goal in the 3rd minute off a perfect cross all I had to do was aim. Then the other team came back scored 2 goals. We tied it up in the last few minutes 2-2. Then in extra time a heart breaking free kick was awarded and we didnt clear it properly and they managed to scrap in the winning goal.

I want to focus on getting more sleep so that I don't have to rely on caffeine to survive at work. Doing pushups in the mornings on days I dont go to the gym, hoping that will amount to something or at least lessen the progress lost inbetween workouts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:37 pm 
VBB Moderator

New outdoor soccer season started last week. We tied our first game 1-1.

Getting the gf to come out running. She hates it but feels better afterwards. Any other suggestions for exercise couples can do together. We are hikers but there is a season arriving in between hiking and snowboarding season that we need some activities to enjoy together.

Forcing myself to hit the gym tonight.....aaaaafter I catch up on breaking bad. Going to do arms, shoulders, chest and back, possibly abs too a little.

Eating not super healthy, I blame wedding season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:58 pm 
VBB Moderator

Game 2 we won 3-0, I had 2 assists including an epic give n go to my homie amanda (its a co-ed team).

Eating too much shit food but awareness is key right, getting back into coconut milk with chia seeds (either pudding if you leave it in the fridge long enough or a kinda shake like drink if you just leave it in the fridge for like an hour or 2.

Today's a rest day with only push ups and planks at home. Tomorrow its back to the gym for more upper body and back work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:32 am 
Gorilla

Always good to add a W under the belt. Did I ask you what position you play? I was always left side defender. I really miss playing soccer, but I think this town is too big to find a league that is not super competetive. I don't need to be getting beat up or stepped on with screw-ins anytime soon.

What beers have you been drinking lately? I tried some Firestone Walker Oaktoberfest the other day which was absolutely delicious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next