Hello from Miami!

veggietails

Hello!

Greetings from Miami, FL I am a soon to be graduate student (location TBD), have extreme respect for nutrition and health.

I have been vegan for about three years or so, first sparked by my vegetarian roommate who started educating me on the agricultural/environmental impact that the “standard” ways of diets had on our earth.

Currently I am working (busting my chops, 2x/week) with my trainer in order to ‘lean up’ and define my muscles, albeit actual bodybuilding is not something I would strive for (still love going to the competitions!).

Although my nutrition grasp is pretty on point, I want to see different views on vegan foods when combined with heavy exercise/lifting.

*Quinoa and beans, although my favorite combination, are leaving me bloated and gassy! Have mild intolerance to soy doesn’t help either *

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to reading more posts!

Hi veggietails, Welcome to the group here. On going nutritional education is important but optimal results from food vary from person to person. Eating a variety of foods is always best, and often you have to do a little self experimenting to find which foods your body responds to best. If you are always bloated and gassy I would try to change things up a bit. Gradual change is good, the body often doesn't respond well to cold turkey diet changes.

Hope to see you posting more with us!

-Dylan

Hi veggietails, nice to meet you, I'm new here too. I can't eat quinoa or beans either, doesn't sit well with me. I focus on vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Good luck with the training! Like you, I'm also working on obtaining more muscle definition.

• 3 weeks later...