Vegan in Central California

shannonteurn

Hi. My name is Shannon. I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Visalia, California. I currently attend College of the Sequoias and soon to California State University Bakersfield to study Management Information Systems. I've been vegan for over 2 years (for health, animal welfare, and environmental reasons) and love to stay active by running and cycling.

I'm also a musician. I've been playing the flute for 11 years and the piano for 9. I enjoy going to rock concerts and symphonies.

My diet is 80% raw at the moment. Summers in Central California suck so cooking can be bothersome. Much easier to cut a watermelon open

I hope to meet other people on this forum and gain important information toward my fitness journey.

1044947_10151758617480948_704678669_n.jpg

Welcome! My wife and I are in Bakersfield right now. We moved here for our jobs and, of course, we hate it. I'm not sure if there are any vegan groups around here, but there is a Trader Joe's! As far as restaurants, there are some chain restaurants but only a few local options (mostly Asian food). Red Brick Pizza will make a pizza with Daiya cheese. Thai House is delicious, and Pho Hut is decent. Zaika Indian Cuisine has a lunch buffet that will knock your socks off (assuming you like Indian food, which you have to).

Hey Shannon, welcome welcome, I dig the shirt. I'm glad you found us, sounds like it will be a great resource for you here, just as it is for me.

Hope to see you post more. Maybe consider starting a journal in the training journals section.

-Dylan