Can anyone critique my daily eating habits?

I am currently trying to shed a good 30 lbs. I weight train and do cardio, typically, 5x per week. Although, at this very moment in time, I'm recovering from an elbow fracture and have been stalled out, unable to lift for my upper body..I've been doing my cardio (20, sometimes 30, minutes on the revolving stairs, or, I'll do uphill, brisk, walking on a steep incline.) I'd like to loose this fat and redefine my muscles, once again.

I've been successful on a S.A.D. and achieved some awesome results, however, for health reasons, I am going back to staying with a vegan diet. I haven't been doing it too long so here is what I've been typically eating:

Coffee - 2 large bowls (basically) The only thing I'm still doing, that I know I need to omit, is adding creamer to my coffee. It's not vegan either..

M1 - Green juice and 1 or 2 slices of vegan, sprouted bread, with earth balance butter or coconut spread

Gym

M2 - Post workout - Plant Fusion protein shake with 1 cup almond milk or flax milk, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts, stevia to taste, and either quick oats (can't digest steel cut oats very well) or 1 or 2 slices of the vegan sprouted bread with earth balance butter or coconut spread again, or a small baked potato w/ earth balance.

M3 - sauteed some tempeh in coconut oil or coconut spread, with asparagus or other colored peppers, celery, some sort of veggie

M4 - Usually the same as 3, or maybe tempeh on vegan sprouted bread, tomato slices, lettuce and supremely spicy hummus (store bought)

M5 - Another Protein shake like the one post workout. Nothing else.

I drink Xtend watermelon BCAA drink throughout the day because it's delicious!

Thanks!

Carre.

Thanks for the response, Dylan!

So, even though I'm juicing a crap load of leafy greens, veggies and fruit in the morning in that 'green drink' , still add in a substantial amount more? And I've heard this and that about not eating too much fruit when you may want to 'cut' .. would you agree or disagree with that?

Thanks!!!

Carre.

• 3 months later...