Macronutrient Ratios

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Macronutrient Ratios

#1 Postby carol_n » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:56 am

Hi, I'm new to this community and new to bodybuilding as a vegan.

I have two questions:

1. What is your macronutrient ratio and why (e.g., why is this ratio effective for you)?

2. How does one figure out which ratio works best for them (or for a vegan, obviously)?

Thank you!

Re: Macronutrient Ratios

#2 Postby muchidna » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:32 am

hi carol, i don't have a ratio in the traditional sense, i usually just aim for 2+g/kg of protein and after that, just go for my calorie goals for the day, i usually find that i get just enough fats just from eating my regular foods
i find it's really hard to maintain much more protein than that while still eating good wholesome foods, fruits and vegetables and still enjoying the diet

#3 Postby maybenot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Question 1.
2g protein/kg - for muscle building
1g fats/kg - to maintain healthy hormonal levels
rest of my calorie intake = carbs.
Basically I learned that in this thread from the bodybuild forum: ... =156380183
Then adapted my diet with vegan food, learned a lot of recipes in the journals section.

Question 2.
Finding out the best ratio, as far as i know, is by trial and error. This ratio that I'm following is working pretty well for me so far, but I will experiment some other types of diet later ( I'm still new to bodybuilding also ).

#4 Postby carol_n » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Great responses! Thanks for your help.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”