No progress, need advice!

Hi all,

I'm new here and I need advice to progress. I've made bodybuilding for 7 months now but I've still noticed any progress in the arms and very few in the chest. Actually, I've become fatter than before. My waist measurement was 78cm/30.7inches and now is 84cm/33inches. Maybe it is due to the fact that I am doing less cardio (I ran very often, 4 times a week). But I'm really beginning to fret about the absence of results and this increase of fat.

And I don't understand how it is possible, for it seems to me that I'm doing everything properly. I sleep enough (7h) and I generally eat sufficiently protein (about 2g/kg).

I am training myself 3 or 4 times a week. But before to begin seriously bodybuilding I was training myself much more (Every day), but it was too "anarchic" and the gain of muscles only observable on short periods.

I wonder if it is possible that I'm under-training, because I've always been lean and perhaps I need to do more to obtain results.

If you have any idea on what I could improve or tips that have worked for you, I should be very glad to hear it.

Thanks

How do you workout? Maybe touch base with Mini Forklift. He'll probably have some advice on what you can improve on and he is pretty active on this site. Try posting to his training journal or PMing him.

-Dylan