vegan friendly creatine supplement

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

poledanceartist
Finch

vegan friendly creatine supplement

#1 Postby poledanceartist » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:33 am

hi everyone!

i am new to these forums, and have recently started lifting weights. i have been trying to find a creatine supplement that is completely vegan, but have only gotten vague answers and information about the different ones out there.

can anyone recommend a good vegan creatine supplement?
is creatine an absolute must for someone trying to build lean muscle through weight training?

thank you so much in advance

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Re: vegan friendly creatine supplement

#2 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 pm

I think most creatine supplements that are simply 100% pure creatine are fine. It's probably more risky when you start looking at other products that are a 'blend' of different ingredients. If you are new to weights then you could probably hold off for a while, just get your nutrition on point and get into a consistent routine with your lifting. Supplements should always be just that ~ supplemental to a good diet and training regime.

There's numerous threads on here if you do a quick search, lots of vegan lifters and athletes use creatine on a regular basis; IMO the basic essentials would be a good quality protein and creatine. B12 is also something I would look into at some point.

Just my 2c, I'm sure others will chime in if I'm wrong with anything. I've been using creatine on and off for a few years now and I don't see and reason to stop taking it. This is the combo I normally use and I've had great results:

All the best and welcome to the forum btw, I'm sure you will love it here. It's a great community with a whole bunch of knowledgeable and helpful members. MF

maybenot
Manatee

#3 Postby maybenot » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:47 am

As MF stated, almost all creatine supplements are fine.
I advise you to buy Creapure Creatine Monohydrate, because it is cheap and effective.

I bought mine here: http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Cr ... Powder/338
Here`s the product`s website where they state that it is vegan friendly: http://www.jarrow.com/product/344/Creatine_Monohydrate

[edit]

About your question if `creatine is a must`, no it isn`t. All supplements are there to supplement, you don`t NEED anything. The only thing you absolutely need is plenty of sleep and quality food, these two are a must.

poledanceartist
Finch

#4 Postby poledanceartist » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 am

thanks so much guys, i'll definitely look into those creatines!

i'm currently using vega sport protein and i do take a daily b-complex supplement containing B12 :)

rhm
Finch

#5 Postby rhm » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:46 pm

hate to bump an old post.. but I think this is important..

Creapure is actually not vegan. It's tested on animals, which can be seen on AlzChem's product safety sheet
http://www.alzchem.com/sites/default/files/import/datenblatt/AlzChem-Sicherheitsdatenblatt_000000131878_EU_EN_3.3_.pdf

This article also has an email with AlzChem that verifies:
https://www.plant-ninja.com/blog/supplements/creapure-vegan/

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”