Long time vegan, just starting out with muscle training.

LeftWingDad

Hi everyone. I have been training for 6 weeks. I am getting great results so far. I can't wait to get more information about what I should be eating based on my activity level. This is also my first time on a forum of any kind, so if I miss some of the finer etiquette points feel free to drop the hammer!

Hi leftwingdad, welcome to the community here. What's your name by the way? I doubt you have any etiquette lessons to learn about.

Just feel free to ask questions on other people's threads. That's what makes it great, lots of brains to pick here.

-Dylan

Thanks Dylan! I'm Greg. I have been lurking around for a bit. Lots of great info so far. I am looking forward to using the forum as I continue on with my new lifestyle choice. I am in Austin, TX. 36, 163lbs, trying to shred the dreaded gut. I have NEVER tried any kind of weight training in my life. I have been cycling for my commute to work for a couple of years now. (50 mi/week) I also play ice hockey a couple time a week. Just bought a bench setup a couple months ago, and have been hitting it hard!!! Here's to better health at 40 than I was at 30.

Welcome to the forum Greg. Weight training will help you with your other sports.. it is a good add-in. Lots of advice and opinions to be had here.. sometimes hard to decipher it all, so make sure to do your own research too and don't be afraid to change your diet to something you think will work better for you. Good luck.