how many days per week?

since i go to gym i feel really good, but i am training only 3 times per week (monday wednesday and friday), so the days of rest i feel like "useless" and i would like to know if it's useful to make pushups (30 x 3) and abs (30 x 3) everyday to have the feeling of doing something for the muscles? or is it counterproductive for the body?

since i go to gym i feel really good, but i am training only 3 times per week (monday wednesday and friday), so the days of rest i feel like "useless" and i would like to know if it's useful to make pushups (30 x 3) and abs (30 x 3) everyday to have the feeling of doing something for the muscles? or is it counterproductive for the body?

I try not to work the same muscle group two days back to back. So, maybe not pushups every day? (especially 90 of them) Abs are just like any other muscle group - they need rest. If you feel 'useless' why not add a cardio day, or break up your training, and spread it out over the week. For example, I like to do the following:

Tuesday: Upper body hypertrophy

Wednesday: Core + Cardio

Thursday: Lower body hypertrophy

Saturday: Full body w/ heavy weights + Core

I've actually been thinking about adding a light cardio workout on Sunday, maybe 30 minutes of lower intensity stuff. Depends on how early I get up.

Before I attempt to answer your question I will say from my own experience that if you were pushing your body to the limit with large compound movements (squats 3x's/week, pressing movements 3x's/week, rows or pull ups 3x's/week, and either dead lifts 1x/week, or Olympic lifts a few days/week) that I doubt you would care about push ups on your off days. What you should do at this point in your lifting career depends on how quickly you are able to progress. The weekly routine posted above by esqinchi doesn't look bad, but if I were training someone I probably would only put a somewhat advanced athlete on that program because novice and even intermediate lifters can make quicker gains by performing the lifts more often and progressing the weight a lot faster. I'm of the opinion that hypertrophy specific routines work much better when the lifter is able to push a considerable amount of weight and its more productive to get their strength to that point before focusing on hypertrophy (so I'm biased). But I think you would still make good progress doing what is posted above.

To directly give my opinion on your question though I would say that pushups are probably safe because either you aren't able to push enough weight to prevent you from being able to recover from day to day, or you are so strong that push ups aren't going to provide enough stimulus to really prevent you from being able to recover.

That's my limited understanding of human physiology as it applies to weight lifting anyway.

The weekly routine posted above by esqinchi doesn't look bad, but if I were training someone I probably would only put a somewhat advanced athlete on that program because novice and even intermediate lifters can make quicker gains by performing the lifts more often and progressing the weight a lot faster.

Awesome that someone else thinks I'm a 'somewhat advanced athlete'! Thanks dude, that made my day!!

thnks gusy for the answers, anyway to make it clear, basically my training is based on:

10-15 minutes cyclette

biceps barbell curl (15kg for now) 10 x 3

barbell squat (15kg) 10 x 3

Lat pulldown- behind nack- 25 kg 15 x 3

seated row machine 25kg 15 x 3

cable pullover 25kg 15 x 3

sit up bench 20 x 3

roman chair leg raises for abs 15 x 3

cable curls 25 kg 15 x 3

chest fly machine 15kg 10 x 3

leg press 30kg 20 x 3

machine reverse fly 15kg 10 x 3

gluteus machine 30kg 20 x 3 each legs

10 minutes cyclette again

plus i want to ask if it´s normal something that happened to me, i was training yesterday in the morning i drank my protein-milkshake after the workout (like at 8am, i train really early because then i have all the day to do my things) and i went to sleep, i woke up at 12 but i cooked at 14. in the afternoon i felt like my arm muscles were a bit weak. i am wondering if it´s normal in the day of training that the muscle doesnt look totally "strong" as in the day of rest or during the workout hour or is because i made something wrong with not eating after the training?

Still thank you for the answers, you are all really nice

thnks gusy for the answers, anyway to make it clear, basically my training is based on:

10-15 minutes cyclette

biceps barbell curl (15kg for now) 10 x 3

barbell squat (15kg) 10 x 3

Lat pulldown- behind nack- 25 kg 15 x 3

seated row machine 25kg 15 x 3

cable pullover 25kg 15 x 3

sit up bench 20 x 3

roman chair leg raises for abs 15 x 3

cable curls 25 kg 15 x 3

chest fly machine 15kg 10 x 3

leg press 30kg 20 x 3

machine reverse fly 15kg 10 x 3

gluteus machine 30kg 20 x 3 each legs

10 minutes cyclette again

so as justin said i dont think i need a "plus" effort in the days of rest, and yeah i will take the advice of esqinchi and try to make more cardio when i am not training

plus i want to ask if it´s normal something that happened to me, i was training yesterday in the morning i drank my protein-milkshake after the workout (like at 8am, i train really early because then i have all the day to do my things) and i went to sleep, i woke up at 12 but i cooked at 14. in the afternoon i felt like my arm muscles were a bit weak. i am wondering if it´s normal in the day of training that the muscle doesnt look totally "strong" as in the day of rest or during the workout hour or is because i made something wrong with not eating after the training?

Still thank you for the answers, you are all really nice