CONSTANTLY INJURED - Not seeing any gains- HELP PLEASE!

xfatx

I've been vegan for more than 5 years now. Started really focusing on weightlifting/fitness for the past year and a half. I work out at least 4 days a week every week for 45 minutes to an hour doing full body workouts - dips, pull ups, deadlift, bench, dumbbell bench, squat etc. I stretch after every session. I run 2 -4 miles before I workout. I definitely eat enough food/ I take a protein shake (VEGA)before bed every night, I'm eating constantly throughout the day fruit, nuts etc. I don't eat bread. I have at least one can of beans and a whole plate of rice every night. I get at the very least 6 hours of sleep a night.

After all this I can honestly say I'm in worse shape than when I started - the only gains I see are fat. I don't feel any stronger doing any lift or exercise, I'd bet that I've actually lost muscle mass. I weigh the exact same as I did when I started. I have increased my endurance - but I honestly don't feel any better running or doing anything for that matter. I think the endurance increase is just me not caring if I get tired anymore because I'm so upset with my progress in every other aspect of fitness.

Not to mention I've injured or pulled almost every part of my body - I have lateral epicondylitis - I can't play drums or guitar anymore and when I've tried to do wrist exercises to strengthen that muscle it only makes things worse. I'm really frustrated with everything and I don't know what else to do.

I've also had 5 -6 staph infections over the past 6 months at the gym. No idea why. Noone else who goes to my gym has these problems. The dermatologist called it folliculitis due to sweat (GREAT!!)

I'm not even considering eating meat or dairy because that's the first thing everyone says. If someone else says " It cuz you don't eat meat" I'm going to scream. PLEASE HELP ME! Are these symptoms of overtraining, should I reexamine my diet? ANY ADVICE! ANYTHING PLEASE!!!

What supplements are you taking and how often? Is it possible you are missing something in your diet? Are you following recommendations from VeganHealth?

2 things I would change if I were you:

1) Give up the shake before bed... they are full of sugar, are processed and definitely not a health food, despite their marketing. You will gain fat weight if you are eating too many calories. The beans, rice and nuts you are eating have enough protein (if the rice is whole grain, not white). Hopefully you are also including lots of greens in your diet for iron and calcium needs.

2) Run AFTER your workout.. not before. You need gylcogen stores to lift heavy and make muscle gains. Running will deplete those stores and make your lifting routine rather useless... you won't have the fuel or energy left to focus on the heavier weights that you should be.

I've been taking like a tablespoon of vega, 2 tablespoons flax seed, 1 tablespoon chia. I stopped taking the full serving of vega because I would feel bloated. I'll try running after my workouts this week, the reasoning behind it is solid! Thanks for the advice!