Health food shop

mythil

Well I found a new place to shop.

It's a health food store, quite small in the city which is a short train ride away. Not only does it sell Asian food like noddles, tofu, tempeh but it also sells vegan stuff along with vegan spreadable chocolate! (I think I may have to ignore that..)

Also, on the other side of the store they sell hemp protein, creotein and general fitness/bodybuilding stuff.

Do you have these types of stores in the rest of the world or are they all chain things?

• 3 weeks later...
Holland and barrett!!

There's also a place called 'ralphs health food' where I live that's full of vegan stuff and sport supplements

I'm not sure what it's called but it's on Albert road, since you're not far from Portsmouth you may know where that is. I kinda gave up on H&B now as it only really sells mayo, burgers and processed TVP.

Yep I know which one you mean on albert road, tiny place isn't it? Haven't been in there for a while. Places like that are quite good for little bits and bobs. What did you get in there man?

Well I'm not a fan of their Tempeh as it seems to break apart when cooking, I prefer something firmer and since I go to the Asian supermarket to get that I also get firm cooking tofu, noodles and so on.

I tend to get hemp powder as I have that with my oats in the morning. The vegan jam's, spreads and so on. I haven't looked around it fully but it seems to have a lot of things that I may pick up when I got there next, their deliveries are on Fridays so I may do my food shopping then.

The annoying thing is that you can't get sprouted beans in this country anymore. If anyone can find any please tell me! Apparently there was a food poisoning scare from sprouted beans coming in from Germany of South Africa, though the beans I got came from the North of England...

• 10 years later...

A health food shop is a haven for wellness enthusiasts seeking wholesome nutrition. These stores prioritize organic and nutrient-rich products, promoting a balanced lifestyle. For those curious about cutting-edge health innovations, resources like https://nanomagazine.com/famine-fighter-review offer insightful reviews on nutritional supplements. These shops not only nourish our bodies but also our minds with the latest in nutritional knowledge, fostering healthier communities.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No worries. I wasn't going to discuss anything about it anyway. I'm just saying that this topic has been covered many times on the forum. I recall one week where there were about 3 or 4 different threads started about this same topic. That's all