New from London Canada

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

wsorrel
Finch

New from London Canada

#1 Postby wsorrel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:10 am

Hello

My name is Liam Sorrell - I'm from London Canada. I'm a certified personal trainer and have been vegetarian (again) for about 5 years (I was a vegetarial from 14 - 20 then lost my way for about 5 years).

My spouse is lactose intolerant so we've recently begun eating a more vegan based lifestyle. While I am a personal trainer, I also HAVE a personal trainer who is concerned about me adopting a vegan lifestyle and getting all of the proper fuel I need to continue to train. In doing some research online about Vegan Diets and Athletics I stumbled upon this site and hope that I can get some great nutrition / fitness tips from people here. A lot of the other PTs I know are very leary of me adopting and promoting a vegan lifestyle as they are very focused on lean meat for lean muscle.

I should note that while I hold the designation of certified personal trainer - I am not actually a practicing personal trainer. I got the certificate more for personal growth than career ambitions. By day I'm a computer tech, who also gets pressured by peers to just eat meat.

Looking forward to reading through the vorums and the site!

-- Liam

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: New from London Canada

#2 Postby C.O. » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi, welcome to the group here. Great to see another trainer joining the moment. I'd recommend Brendan Brazier's books Thrive and Thrive Diet, and also Robert Cheeke's book Vegan Body Building & Fitness. Plus just picking the brains of some of the athletes and trainers here in the forum.

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”