Nutrition Question - Can I see what you typically eat?

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered how your tummy was treating you these days, Cellar Yeti. I'm glad to see you can handle such a variety of food, though.

Thanks, it's doing ok. I ended up in the emergency room a few weeks ago with an obstruction after giving into temptation and eating potatoes.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thread really helpful. I struggle with knowing much much I should eat and I'm a bit paranoid about getting fat which isn't helpful. I'm just getting back to eating carefully but just now I eat:

Breakfast- 2slice toast, glass soy milk, apple

Snack- smoothie- cup soy milk, frozen banana, packed cup spinach

Lunch- wrap with PB, cucumber, handful of spinach, half a cup of lentils

Dinner- some combo of veg and beans that adds up to about 300 calories and 20g protein

Snack- porridge- 1.5 cup soy milk, 1 cup oats

Once I'm working out properly I'm going to work on another snack to get me to about 2000 calories, 100g protein. From there it'll hopefully just be a case of eating bigger portions as I feel I need it.

Lately I've discovered how fun it is to eat a head of lettuce or green pepper like an apple. lol.

I agree! Recently I figured out you only ruin the taste of lettuce and other vegetables my mixing them with dressing, even if it is only lemon juice an olive oil. Now I just wash the lettuce and enjoy the natural taste It feels so right

In any event, I am seeing alot of no no's here. Such as bread, granola, etc (both cause prolonged insulin response).

I stay away from an over-abundance of grain and legumes for this very reason.

I do consume 2/3rds cups of oatmeal daily, which I think is reasonable for pre-work out glycogen stores.

I consume about 60 grams of pea protein daily along with an additional 60 grams of protein from food. Boca burgers are low in carbohydrates, so I consume a couple of these daily, along with about 20 grams of protein from tofu itself.

The bulk of my diet though is fresh fruits and vegetables, with an emphasis on freshness.

And I consume all my vegetables raw, including the broccoli and cauliflour, but on occasion I do steam broccoli lightly.

My daily food intake looks something like this.

Breakfast:

Usually the oatmeal I mentioned made with a quarter cup of coconut milk and half a cup of water, with ground flax seeds, cashews and mixed berries.

Lunch:

Boca burger with no bun, usually I just put some tomato paste on it with a spoon full of extra virgin olive oil. A large salad consisting of kale, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, tofu and avocado. 30 grams of pea protein.

For dinner I tend to have the exact same thing as lunch with another 30 grams of pea protein.

Between meals I sometimes have some dark chocolate dipped in almond butter or some raw cauliflour and broccoli dipped in hummus.

Listen, fat is not the enemy. You can consume 50-60 grams a day, reduce your carb intake to around 150 and lose body fat very easily this way. I am not suggesting going overboard with fat consumption, but our brains and bodies require fat to function properly. Of course, they require carbs as well, but the ratios most people here speak of are completely out of synch and have no scientific basis.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started and this is the first time I am doing it vegan (last time I was still a meat eater )

For now:

Breakfast; Protein shake with Veg soy free powder, one frozen banana, one tsp of almond butter.

Snack; Organic raspberries, 30 gr of pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (alternate)

Lunch; one of the following, one cup of cooked lentils (stew type) or tempeh like chili with bell peppers, big salad with lemon and almond, olive or flax oil. some steamed veggies.

Snack; frozen banana in food processor with a scoop of srpouted rice protein powder, almond butter and stevia, turns into a super yummy ice cream

Dinner; pan roasted sprouted tofu with garlic, cumin and spices, big salad and occasionally a 1/4 of sweet potato.

this what i had today

1. large smoothie(fruit and superfoods)

2. cucumber lemon juice

3. large smoothie

4. 3 heads of lettuce

5. large smoothie

6. 8 bannanas

7. apple kale juice

8. large smoothie

Seems like a very sugary diet. I know people like to think there is a major difference between natural sugar and processed sugar. But is the difference really that major? High fructose fruits can raise blood sugar levels, which can be problematic in the long term. I advocate not eating more than 1 or 2 banana's a day, and to not couple them with other extremely sweet fruits too often. Berries are not overly sweet. I often mix banana's, cantaloupe and berries with some nuts and coconut milk in a bowl for a healthy breakfast high in anti-oxidants and other nutrients and minerals. But I never go overboard with sweet fruits (though it is tempting considering their cheapness). I consider them like natural candy. They are obviously way healthier than processed junk food, but there is still a threshold someone on a very healthy diet should consider keeping with. I personally would not go over 2-3 pieces of extremely sweet fruit a day. Especially if it causes you to urinate frequently (common sign of high blood sugar) and especially if you're consuming a ton of other carbohydrates already.

• 1 month later...

I live in my van and was having a hard time keeping weight on so I bought an inverter for my battery bank and a blender and I make one monster shake every morning and eat that pretty much the entire day. People ask me if I get tired of it but people are addicted to eating and I really only see it as a tool these days.

Uber shake

2 Bananas

1/4 Cup Raisins

2 Cups of Soymilk

4 Cups of Water

2 TBSP Peanut Butter

1 TBSP Coconut oil or 1 TBSP Hemp Seeds

1 Cup of Soaked Oats

35g Now True Food Vegan (Plain)

30g Vegan Protein

I blend it up, stick it in a jar and throw it in the cooler and have about 12-16oz every couple hours.

For dinner it's a cup of rice or pasta with beans or legumes, veggies, and olive oil.

• 3 months later...

Sample day!!!!

Breakfast: orange smoothie OR 8 Banana Ice-Cream Dish!!!!

Snack if I'm hungry: 3-4 Dates!!!

Meal 2: 7-8 Nanas or Berries & Nanas

Meal 3: 1-2 lbs of grapes or more 4-5 Bananas

Meal 4: GINORMOUS Green Salad (Spiralized Zucch Noodles, Corn, Mushroom and Spinach Salad, or Chunky Tom-Corn Soup

Water: 2 Liters

********I roughly jotted this down!!!! My Calories are usually from 1600-1900 of Fruits & Veg (mainly Fruit), some days I actually reached 2000!!! (been also eating lots of grapes lately...so I get full pretty fast)

~~eating lots of Mono-Meals for Better Digestion!

fruitdrea2.jpg.ca5d6aee6d4d18ac8c44dca5bfd9d362.jpg

I have a pretty nice array of simple, go-to meals that I rotate on the regular. I also still loosely follow IF because it works best for me so amounts of each item varies based on how I feel at that meal. Sometimes it's 2 cups of oatmeal in my first meal with less CHO during the second; sometimes I save up my CHO intake, aside from Pre- and Post-WO, for a big dessert; sometimes I combine dessert and my post-work out meal; if I'm off work and have time to eat more often, IF falls to the wayside.

Basically, as long as I hit my protein and get CHO before/after working out, I'm not that strict about everything else, especially since I once was one of "those people" who believed in clean/dirty foods.

A typical day goes something like this:

Meal 1

Black coffee

Kamut puffs/oatmeal

Soy milk

Banana/pumpkin puree

Berries

Scoop of protein powder

Nut butter

PWO

Scoop of protein powder

Scoop of pure protein

Soy milk

Meal 2

TVP/Seitan

Lentils/beans

Rice/pasta

Tons of vegetables

Nuts/seeds with dried fruit

Dessert

Whatever fits into my macros.

• 10 months later...

Sure. It's really simple really.

120-200g whey protein powder in soy milk, consumed over the course of the day (inb4 hate, I eat fish and dairy)

After that, basically just munching on whatever carbs I feel like over the course of the day, tapering off by about 6 pm.

I like fancy special-K type grain cereal, I like soy milk, I like edamame and tofu, and I like sugary junk food. I just try to make sure I don't eat too much of it to where I get chubby. I also like rice, cauliflower, broccoli and some other vegetables, and every possible kind of pepper.

Ive been Vegan for a hint over 2 weeks now, and have been to the gym last 2 days (never been a member before now) and hoping to put on muscle (am scrawny atm)

Wake up:

Vital Greens with Water

Breakfast:

120g Quick Oats and a banana (or some other fruit)

Snack away at almonds and cashews + 7 odd cups of green tea during morning/avo

Lunch

100g~ couscous, cucumber and sultanas

A piece of fruit or two

Dinner

Boiled Veges (mix of green beans, peas, mushy, asparagus etc, whatever I get from market that week)

Sometimes a strawbery and banana smoothie

Evening (2hours before bed)

400 - 500ml Juice of oranges, cucumber, kale, ginger, carrots and celery

Any advice would/thoughts would be epic

• 3 months later...

At the moment my diet is heavily based on carbs from Dr. Mcdougall's book Starch solution. I include 60g of soy protein per day. I am building bulk muscle mass.

So, my daily meal plan would look like this:

1st meal 200g dry pasta, boiled with 10g flax oil

2nd meal 200g dry white rice with 10g walnut oil, 30g soy isolate

3rd meal: 200g dry couscous with flaxoil

4th 2lbs of potatoes, and soy protein later.

Total daily calories 3300, 120g of protein, 600g of carbs.

• 2 weeks later...

MEALS

Breakfast - The bombest bowl of oatmeal you'll ever eat

1 c Steel Cut Oats

2 Tbsp RAW Protein (Vanilla)

1 Tbsp Flax Seed

1 Tbsp Chia Seed

1 Banana, chopped

1/2 c Blueberries

1/4 c Sprouted Raw Almonds

Ground Ginger

Cinnamon

1 c Almond Milk

Multivitamin (Whole Foods 365 brand)

Snack - Energy booster!

1/4 c Raw Pumpkin Seeds

1/4 c Raisins

2 Tbsp Goji Berries

Lunch - Everybody loves some green(s)

Spinach

Red Leaf Lettuce

1/2 c Sprouted Mung Beans

1/3 Cucumber

1/2 Green Pepper

2 Celery Stalks

3 Mushrooms

1/4 Red Onion

2 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds

1/2 Avocado

Lemon Juice

Balsalmic Vinegarette

Snack - Energy Booster #2

Apple

Orange

1/4 c Sprouted Raw Walnuts

Dinner

1 c Quinoa

1/2 c Beans (Black, Garbonzo, White, Pinto, etc.)

2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast

Peas

Green/Red Peppers

Onions

Kale, sauteed in Olive Oil, with:

Onion

Garlic

Mushroom

Dessert

2 Bananas

2 Tbsp Raw PB

PRE WORKOUT

4 Tbsp PB

1/2 c Raisins

Cinnamon

POST WORKOUT

1 c Water

2 Tbsp Raw Hemp Protein

1 Tbsp Agave Nectar

• 4 weeks later...
Sample day!!!!

Meal 4: GINORMOUS Green Salad (Spiralized Zucch Noodles, Corn, Mushroom and Spinach Salad, or Chunky Tom-Corn Soup

********I roughly jotted this down!!!! My Calories are usually from 1600-1900 of Fruits & Veg (mainly Fruit), some days I actually reached 2000!!! (been also eating lots of grapes lately...so I get full pretty fast)

where do you get proteins from?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What about protein shake and casein protein in our diet chart?How important in our daily life ?

Protein is very mandatory in our day to day life and you have a protein shake once in a day taking it with the breakfast will be very best. If their is any particular shake which you like much then ask directly.

Thanks

http://www.bodybuildingsa.co.za/4-engineered-proteins

• 2 months later...
Sample day!!!!

where do you get proteins from?

ALL of that has protein in it, everthing that is alive have protein in it

You should look up "Raw Vegan" or "80/10/10", "LFRV" also.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

here's my sample day, I should be cutting . What do you think about it?

Meal 1

2 scoop of protein + banana and avocado + multivitamin

Meal 2

Soy yogurt + almonds and fresh fruit

Meal 3

Big broccoli bowl with olive oil or half avocado

Meal 4

Scrambled tofu (or soy yogurt if i'm out) with seeds or steamed temphe with veggies

Meal 5

2 scoop of protein + almond milk

Meal 6

Like meal 4

Meal 7

2 scoop of protein

It should be around 20-30g of protein per meal and about 2500 calories total

• 3 weeks later...

I try and stay raw until lunch.

6:30 AM

Vegetable + Fruit juice (my recipe: kale + beetroot + carrot + celery + cucumber + apple + ginger)

8 AM to Noon

I graze on fruits (dates, oranges, bananas, cherries, water melon, papaya, strawberries, blueberries etc; depends on the season)

Lunch

Baked potato + vegetable curry (indian style, cooked in coconut and spices)

Snack

Raw carrots and cucumbers dipped in organic, no sugar added peanut butter (this you need to try!)

Dinner

Baked potato or rice + vegetable curry and every other day tempeh or scrambled tofu

During the day i have at most 2 or 3 single shot espressos each with a spoonful of sugar.

On days of heavy lifting or running, i munch on raw cashews and almonds and gulp down a bottle of ginger beer.

• 2 months later...

I am 178cm, 71kg, toned & lean and intend to say that way

Sample day (work out day, yesterday in fact )

Breakfast:

*1 raw carrot

*1 yellow bell pepper

*some arugula

*200g cooked quinoa + brown lentils mixed with 6 almonds, 1tbsp cocoa, 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1 clementine, 1 kiwi, some flaxseed

On top 100g silken tofu

work out (30min cardio +30min strength)

*Post work out: 30g rice protein in shaker with water

Lunch (post work out)

*~500/600g lightly cooked veggies (kale, broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom, okra, eggplant)

*300g of cooked beans (1/3 black 1/3 chickpea 1/3 white)

Dinner

Salad

*150g of cooked buckwheat

*1 tomato

*1 grated carrot

*1 grated cucumber

* some Arugula

*some pine nuts

Lots of water, including 1 bottle (naturally rich in calcium 500mg/l)

Energy: 1920Kcal

Carbs: 58%

Protein: 28%

Fat: 13%

Fiber: 80g

Sugar: 46g

What do you think?

lunch.jpg.90b8bf1c48480f01d933c1a3808c80e5.jpg

dinner.jpg.84400e3bcd22a71ce68eaa626c57d563.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am a 6 foot, 182lb male, with a 9-15% bodyfat percentage (9% is under athletic, 15% is standard for the machine)

and I am by no means huge but am strong and have lifted weights for a few years now however I am still young just turning 21.

I do take liquidlife liquid multivitamin right now but will be trying out vega all in one daily and continuing to drink almond milk daily to get adequate B vitamins like Vitamin B12 which is very important to watch as a Vegan since there is no plant source of B12.

This is a typical day with some variations included:

Meal 1: 9am Plant protein shake with mixed berries, or peanut butter/cocoa using original almond milk as my liquid.

I use raw fusion by S.A.N protein powder - pea,rice,artichoke protein - vanilla bean flavour

with oatmeal and added flaxseed and cinnamon or with peanut butter sandwich (if having berry shake)

or Il have organic cereal with berries and almond milk, or tofu scramble with peppers, onions etc with almond milk on the side

(Note: just going to start having Vega All in One shake for breakfasts)

Meal 2 (snack): 10:30-11am Fruit (apple or orange or banana or grapes etc),

Home made protein bar with oats, peanut butter, protein powder, etc

Meal 3: 12-12:30pm Rice and beans, chickpea curry, asian stirfry with tofu, tofurky sandwich with spinach and vegetables,

Meal 4 (snack): 2pm Fruit (apple or orange or banana or grapes etc),

Meal 5: 3:30pm Pre workout fuel (1-1.5 hours before workout): Bowl of Oatmeal

Meal 6: 4:15 Preworkout fuel (20-30 minutes before workout): Banana + (vega preworkout on days I feel like I need it)

Meal 7: 6pm Right after workout: Banana + Plant protein shake mixed with water at the gym (Immediately after)

Meal 8: 7:30pm 1-2hours after workout

Full meal with complex carbs, protein, and fats (could be any of the meals I posted for meal 3)

Some more include: Seitan stirfy, quesadillas (with beans and salsa), Bean Chilli with Whole grain bun

Meal 9: 9:30pm Veggies + hummus, and or fruit

I try not to eat anything 2 hours before sleeping as it can cause indigestion

Bed time is around midnight but this varies.