creatine? yes or no?

my goal is to build mass and i heard a lot about creatine to help, but i heard even a lot of negative opinions about creatine supplements.

what is your opinion? i am going to take this one http://www.veganactive.de/kraft/creatin/pulver/bms-creatin-monohydrat-500-g-dose.html

ideas when how to take it? can i take it with vega protein powders (or sunwarrior)? if not, i can take it in the same day? after or before the training? how about the days of rest? every information and avice would be great

Creatine is one of the few good suplements out there.

I highly suggest that you experiment taking it, but use it the right way:

Take 5grams EVERY DAY, it doesnt matter if it is a training day or not.

It is better to take it with some carbs, but with a vega protein shake would also be good.

And about the timing, it doesn`t matter, just make sure to have some carbs or protein with it.

=)

Yes, put it in the shake. It will be excellent.

But take only 5 grams per day, more than that will be wasted.

It is not 4 times per day, only once 5 grams. If you want you could divide the 5 grams to take more than once, but it isnt necessary.

You dont have to stop, only if you want to.

It really is not a yes or no question. If you are stictly in it for gains then the obvious answer is yes. If you care about potential health risk down the road, I would stay away

Creatine is essentially awesome for hydration purposes. Of course staying hydrated is going to do a lot more than help you gain muscle faster. But it does help build muscle, plain and simple.

I do understand that creatine has come a long way in the last 10 years. The say it is either not as damaging to kidneys or not at all harmful to kidneys, since there is a new form of creatine isolate being used. Can anyone confirm this? Also, i do know over time, you must cycle it to prevent creatine dependency; your body can stop poducing enough naturally if you use it constantly. However only time will tell how dependency can be eeffected over a lifetime. Most supplements in general cannot possibly be long term tested because they have not been around long enough. Think of the China Study, which took 50 years. That is a legitimate long-term study imo. Thirty uears is ok, but in my eyes, that is still not a lifetime study. Especially given the fact that we are living longer and longer.

Creatine is essentially awesome for hydration purposes. Of course staying hydrated is going to do a lot more than help you gain muscle faster. But it does help build muscle, plain and simple.

That`s it =)

Drink lots of water. LOTS.

I do understand that creatine has come a long way in the last 10 years. The say it is either not as damaging to kidneys or not at all harmful to kidneys, since there is a new form of creatine isolate being used. Can anyone confirm this? Also, i do know over time, you must cycle it to prevent creatine dependency; your body can stop poducing enough naturally if you use it constantly. However only time will tell how dependency can be eeffected over a lifetime. Most supplements in general cannot possibly be long term tested because they have not been around long enough. Think of the China Study, which took 50 years. That is a legitimate long-term study imo. Thirty uears is ok, but in my eyes, that is still not a lifetime study. Especially given the fact that we are living longer and longer.

I really don`t think that creatine is harmful at all. Many studies have been made and not even one found evidence that creatine is harmful.

I really don`t think that creatine is harmful at all. Many studies have been made and not even one found evidence that creatine is harmful.

Right, and what long term studies have even been done? To me, a long term study is AT LEAST a thirty year study. How long has creatine been around? Well, this should give you an idea.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=271250&page=1

So we can conclude that any long term study reaching thirty years will need at least a decade more in all likelihood. Translated; we don't know JACK lol other than it does increase your gains. But do as you will. I feel like keeping a full jug of room temperature water, combined with a really healthy diet will do the trick honestly. The fact is, a healthful vegan diet will likely offset your lack of creatine supplementation, and BCAA is a better supplement in my eyes (in conjunction with a complete protein source). But I only want gains in a way that I am 100% sure is safe. So if you ask me, the short answer is NO.

• 3 months later...
So we can conclude that any long term study reaching thirty years will need at least a decade more in all likelihood. Translated; we don't know JACK lol other than it does increase your gains. But do as you will. I feel like keeping a full jug of room temperature water, combined with a really healthy diet will do the trick honestly. The fact is, a healthful vegan diet will likely offset your lack of creatine supplementation, and BCAA is a better supplement in my eyes (in conjunction with a complete protein source). But I only want gains in a way that I am 100% sure is safe. So if you ask me, the short answer is NO.

..you know the human body naturally produces creatine right?

This isn't some new MuscleTech product made in a lab bro

..you know the human body naturally produces creatine right?

This isn't some new MuscleTech product made in a lab bro

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes i know we all produce creatine naturally. I was just making a point that we all have to make a decision and take potential risks. Make your decision and move on, that's a good philosophy. If you want my opinion on whether or not I believe creatine supps will be found to be safe, my opinion is yes. But that doesn't stop me from being a cautious creature. I took it in high school and had only good things to preach about it. It worked, and I may take it again. If I get rich then I can buy new organs in fifty years hopefully lol. Not saying that creatine will be found as harmful though. I am coming around to the thought of using a vegan one this time around, and that is a potential risk I eill have to deal with. But even back then, I wasn't naive enough to believe we know exactly what this stuff might do to you down the road of a lifetime. Let me repeat, I do not think creatine will be found to be harmul down the road but who can see into the future?