Rob's High Intensity Training Log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#46 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Love the new gym i'm at, however i just found out yesterday about a new H.I.T gym opening in just 5 minutes from my home, Its owned by the current Mr Northern Ireland John Martini, John himself is a hitter to the core, cant wait for it to open next month:)
Last edited by HIT Rob on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#47 Postby HIT Rob » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 pm

14-8-13

Legs...

Leg Extension - one set to failure
Immediately followed by...
Seated Leg Press - one set to failure
Leg Curl - one set to failure
Standing Calf Raise - one high rep set to failure

19-8-13
Cable Crossover ( half reps, focusing on heavier contractions ) - one set to failure
Seated Chest Press Machine ( 5 second rest pause between reps ) - one set to failure
Lateral Raise Machine ( 5 second rest pause between reps) - one set to failure
Weighted Negative only Dips - one set to negative failure

Going with a high stress cycle or two, using partial reps, rest pause, and negative only work.
Last edited by HIT Rob on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kora
Manatee
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 am

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#48 Postby Kora » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 pm

HIT Rob wrote:Love the new gym i'm at, however i just found out yesterday about a new H.I.T gym opening in just 5 minutes from my home, Its owned by the current Mr Northern Ireland John Martini, John himself is a hitter to the core, cant wait for it to open next month:) I just hope its Nautilus equipment:))

Got tickets today to see Lee Priest in seminar next month aswell, he here next month at Valhalla gym, apparently hes making a come back. Should be fun.



Last I heard Lee is suppose to be competing at NABBA Mr.Universe 2013 on 12th of October, though I've heard a lot of speculation about whether or not he will actually compete. I saw pics of him back in June and he's def looking cut.

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#49 Postby HIT Rob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Kora,

Hey thanks for the info, not a huge fan, but it should be a fun day out:)

Cheers
Rob

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#50 Postby HIT Rob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Kora,

Hey thanks for the info, not a huge fan, but it should be a fun day out:)

Cheers
Rob

User avatar
Kora
Manatee
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 am

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#51 Postby Kora » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 am

HIT Rob wrote:Hi Kora,

Hey thanks for the info, not a huge fan, but it should be a fun day out:)

Cheers
Rob


Not a big fan, huh...lol I can probably guess why not so I want ask. :D Despite how he got to where he is, he is a very knowledgeable man and very nice guy. Very dedicated to his methods of training. He's also pretty honest about it. I've heard good thing about his seminars you should enjoy it.

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#52 Postby HIT Rob » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:32 pm

LOL, just more a fan of the natural physique and H.I.T methods Kora:)

Last time i went to a seminar was in 98 to see Dorian Yates, despite being a really down to earth guy, the seminar revolved mostly around the topic of steroids, i really got my eyes opened that day, i knew they took drugs, but not to the degree that Dorian explained, but back then the big name bodybuilding magazines wanted to keep a lid on the whole drug thing because the IFBB were really pushing to get into the Olympic's.

Anyway - Mr Priest was one of the first guys to speak out against the IFBB, so they banned him. Still, i don't think he cares, he seems happy doing his own thing.

Rob

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#53 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 am

Yesterdays workout was...

1. Underhand Pulldowns - one set to failure
2. Chest supported Row - 5 mini sets of 3 reps, with 10 second rest pauses between sets - last mini set to failure
3. Preacher Curl Machine - one set to failure
4. Weighted Prone Hypers 4 x 5 rep clusters, with 10 second rest pauses between mini sets - last mini set to failure

*exercises 1 & 3 also had 5-10 second rest pauses between reps.

User avatar
DeeVeganDee
Rabbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#54 Postby DeeVeganDee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for starting this journal and sharing all your info and videos on the HIT training.

It is fascinating and I am enjoying reading / watching the vids.

Can you recommend any more?


Tonight was my first attempt of training this way.


I hope your new gym works out well for you.

Dee

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#55 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi Dee,

Thank you mate:)

When i first started reading about H.I.T back in the mid 90s, it was a real eye opener, in particular, the work of Mike Mentzer, he used the most objective language imaginable, it was like having a bucket of ice water thrown over ya. I would strongly recommend you read, watch and listen to his work.

There are some other very good H.I.T trainers/writers about, one being John Little (who was a close friend of Mikes), he has conducted research and has overseen something like 70,000 H.I.T workouts at his facility in Canada, hes also the founder of Max Contraction Training, a H.I.T method that i (and many others) have found to be a very productive technique. I don't recommend it exclusively as its a high stress technique, however its a great technique to have in your arsenal that can be salted into your training from time to time to really shake thing's up.

Here's the Max Contraction Training video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekJtCzRnD7E

Here's a brilliant interview JL did for high intensity nation a couple of years ago
http://www.highintensitynation.com/2011 ... hn-little/

This was one of the first articles of Mikes work i read...its called "bodybuilders are confused".
http://www.mikementzer.com/hdchap1.html

If you want more links or want me to elaborate more on the theory or a particular technique just let me know:)

Best Wishes
Rob

User avatar
mrbear666
Elephant
Posts: 1389
Age: 32
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 am
Location: wales

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#56 Postby mrbear666 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 am

hey Rob, havent been on for a while just popped in to say hello :D good to see the HIT flag is still being flown!


mike
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

User avatar
DeeVeganDee
Rabbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#57 Postby DeeVeganDee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 pm

HIT Rob wrote:Hi Dee,

Thank you mate:)

When i first started reading about H.I.T back in the mid 90s, it was a real eye opener, in particular, the work of Mike Mentzer, he used the most objective language imaginable, it was like having a bucket of ice water thrown over ya. I would strongly recommend you read, watch and listen to his work.

There are some other very good H.I.T trainers/writers about, one being John Little (who was a close friend of Mikes), he has conducted research and has overseen something like 70,000 H.I.T workouts at his facility in Canada, hes also the founder of Max Contraction Training, a H.I.T method that i (and many others) have found to be a very productive technique. I don't recommend it exclusively as its a high stress technique, however its a great technique to have in your arsenal that can be salted into your training from time to time to really shake thing's up.

Here's the Max Contraction Training video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekJtCzRnD7E

Here's a brilliant interview JL did for high intensity nation a couple of years ago
http://www.highintensitynation.com/2011 ... hn-little/

This was one of the first articles of Mikes work i read...its called "bodybuilders are confused".
http://www.mikementzer.com/hdchap1.html

If you want more links or want me to elaborate more on the theory or a particular technique just let me know:)

Best Wishes
Rob



Thanks a million for this Rob. I'll have a good watch at the vids and google MM and get back for further discussion.

Cheers.

Dee

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#58 Postby HIT Rob » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:58 pm

mrbear666 wrote:hey Rob, havent been on for a while just popped in to say hello :D good to see the HIT flag is still being flown!


mike


Hi Mike,

How's it going mate, and how's your training going?

Oh Yes, still shouten (H)it from the roof tops:)

Best
Rob

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#59 Postby HIT Rob » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:01 pm

DeeVeganDee wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:Hi Dee,

Thank you mate:)

When i first started reading about H.I.T back in the mid 90s, it was a real eye opener, in particular, the work of Mike Mentzer, he used the most objective language imaginable, it was like having a bucket of ice water thrown over ya. I would strongly recommend you read, watch and listen to his work.

There are some other very good H.I.T trainers/writers about, one being John Little (who was a close friend of Mikes), he has conducted research and has overseen something like 70,000 H.I.T workouts at his facility in Canada, hes also the founder of Max Contraction Training, a H.I.T method that i (and many others) have found to be a very productive technique. I don't recommend it exclusively as its a high stress technique, however its a great technique to have in your arsenal that can be salted into your training from time to time to really shake thing's up.

Here's the Max Contraction Training video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekJtCzRnD7E

Here's a brilliant interview JL did for high intensity nation a couple of years ago
http://www.highintensitynation.com/2011 ... hn-little/

This was one of the first articles of Mikes work i read...its called "bodybuilders are confused".
http://www.mikementzer.com/hdchap1.html

If you want more links or want me to elaborate more on the theory or a particular technique just let me know:)

Best Wishes
Rob



Thanks a million for this Rob. I'll have a good watch at the vids and google MM and get back for further discussion.

Cheers.

Dee


Pleasure, look forward to hearing about your progress (and progress you will my friend :)

Best
Rob

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#60 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:27 am

It was the opening day of the new H.I.T gym today, called Elysium gym, went for a wee nosy, looks great. Unfortunately no Nautilus equipment, but not to worry, they've new model life fitness machines, both stack and plate loaded.

Just to reiterate, i'm a machine guy, i want none of my focus to be lost on balance and coordination (instability compromises overload). and they allow me to perform high intensity techniques such as static holds, as they provide full resistance in the contracted position. Machines have also allowed me to work around some injuries, in particular my lower back problems.

I am not deterred in the slightest by what the free weight traditionalists have to say, they'd have you believe that man has benefited from the industrial revolution in every way apart from in the arena of strength training!

One post i read recently on this forum stated "machines are typically useless compared to free weights when it comes to real world strength"

Hmm, I've mostly used machines for 20+ years, in that time i've become much stronger and bigger, and as a by-product, everyday tasks and other activities (such as martial arts training) have also become easier, is this not "real world strength"???


Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest