New to Veganism and Bodybuilding

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Airman265
Finch

New to Veganism and Bodybuilding

#1 Postby Airman265 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 am

Whats good everybody,

Im at 290 pounds right now and currently 18%BF. I started being a vegan in 2012 but gave up for 8 months now im back because I gained 20 MORE pounds. Im trying to get back to 250 pounds. I just want to see if my bodybuilding/ diet routine is up to speed.

Breakfast (0830)
50g Soy Protien
Steel Cut oats
1 cup mixed berries
Multivitamins, flaxseed oil, CLA

Lunch (1130)
2 pieces wheat bread
4 tblspoons peanut butter
1 cup raisin/ almond mix
L- Carnitine

Snack (1430(2:30pm))
1 cup Jasmine rice
2 cups black/ pinto beans
1 veggie burger patty
L-Carnititne & CLA

Post workout
50g Soy Protien
L Glutamin

Dinner
Baked Tofu ( Need some creative ways to cook this I failed last night....)
Sweet Potato
Asparagus (or greens, raw broccoli, green beans, spinach etc)

TRAINING SPLIT
MONDAY- Quads/ Calves/ Sprints
TUESDAY- Back and Biceps/ Upper Abs
WEDNESDAY- Chest Triceps/ 1-2 mile jog
THURSDAY- Glutes, Hamstrings, Hips/ Lower abs/ Obliques
FRIDAY-Shoulders/ indoor speed drills.

Any help would be awesome!

Think_machine
Rabbit

Re: New to Veganism and Bodybuilding

#2 Postby Think_machine » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 am

That is a pretty solid meal plan just from a glance, but the only real way to know is to count calories. As long as you have a small deficit of calories then that is probably good (assuming your multi vaitamin is making sure you reach 100% RDA for all your nitrients). You're a bigger person than me naturally (I only need 2200 cals/day for a SURPLUS). Google and find a calory calculator. Fill in you meal plan with anything you need to make sure you stay at a slight deficit. Personally I never worried about cutting weight as a vegan due to mainly raw food living, but these calculators will make sure you know what you need, if you do not know already.

Also adding wind sprints made a noticable cut in belly fat for me, it is the only way for me to have visible abs, as I will typically not push my metabolism hard enough otherwise. It is probably the single best way to do so.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”