protein powder

so ive been plateauing for a while now and after reading robert's book i realized i havent been getting enough protein, i usually stay around 10-12% and i should be getting at least 30%. now for me that would be about 96g a day which is quite a lot, and a ton of food for someone small like me. is it normal to have 3-4 servings of protein powder a day to help reach my macros? i also want to lose some body fat so my muscles can show more. ive been getting stronger but i dont see it in my body. i want to be lean and cut. i'm going crazy i'm so confused.

• 1 month later...

Normal? I don't know. But I do it! I get over 200g a day and include chia seed/protein powder pudding for breakfast, a green smoothies with protein powder mid-morning, a scoop with water post workout and usually some blended with ice and maybe a banana for dessert. I also eat either tofu or tempeh for dinner and high protein veggies.

I order my protein from True Nutrition and I get the 70% pea and 30% organic rice protein blend sweetened with Stevia. It's about $6.77/lb. I try and get less than 1/3 of my protein from protein powders, at 250g/day that's about 75g.

It's an acquired taste but it doesn't have any nasty additives or garbage and it doesn't give me zits like soy does.

(:

I order my protein from True Nutrition and I get the 70% pea and 30% organic rice protein blend sweetened with Stevia. It's about $6.77/lb. I try and get less than 1/3 of my protein from protein powders, at 250g/day that's about 75g.

It's an acquired taste but it doesn't have any nasty additives or garbage and it doesn't give me zits like soy does.

(:

I bought a whole bunch of protein from truenutrition.com, which does make great stuff. I've had the gemma pea protein, the rice protein, the potato protein . . . Lately though, I found that even a little bit of that stuff gives me terrible gas. Sorry to be rude, but it is unbearable. Lately I've tried to focus on getting more protein from whole foods. Have you tried Pardina Lentils (green lentils)? They are 30% protein, coming in at an amazing 26g per 3.5oz dry. Combine that with some peas, and you have a low calorie, fiber rich, high protein meal that is pretty tasty.

(:

This. That's exactly what I order, with flavorings. It's good stuff, cheap for what it is.

Just watch out for artificial stuff in their flavorings if you don't dig that, brother. A lot of their flavorings have artificial crap in em.

I like lentils but don't eat them as a staple. Their amino acid profile is weaker than split peas, white beans, black beans, and chickpeas; of which I eat 1lb of (dry) a day in some form fashion or combination.

• 3 months later...

I know that this thread is realllllly old, but I'm new to the fitness as a vegan and reading everything I can on protein powders. I'm from Australia and have come across a new Australian vegan protein product by a company called Alkaline Superfoods.

The protein is a mix of golden pea and sprouted brown rice, its not gritty (really SMOOTH) and is yum!

http://alkalinesuperfoods.com.au

• 1 month later...