Is it a good program?

GreetingS

im 22 years old, and 90kg

I got a new workout plan from bodybuilding.com, this plan was tagged for "every one". but as it is general, i was wondering that if it is a good one for me or not.

My goal is some one like didi pichler

the plan goes like this:

Day 2:Chest
Barbell Incline Bench Press - Medium Grip 5 X 4 rep
Dumbbell Bench Press 5X10
Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3X8-10

Day 3:Leg

Barbell Squat 5X4
Leg Press 5X10
Leg Extensions 3X8

Day 4: Shoulder
Standing Military Press 3X8
Upright Barbell Row 3X8
Standing Dumbbell Upright Row 3X8
Side Lateral Raise 4X12
Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise 4X12

Day 5:Arms
Barbell Curl 3X8-12
Seated Dumbbell Curl 3X8-12
Preacher Curl 3X8-12
Lying Triceps Press 4X8-12
Triceps Pushdown 4X8-12
Incline Barbell Triceps Extension 4X8-12

Day 6:Back
Barbell Deadlift 5X4rep
One-Arm Dumbbell Row 5X10
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 3X8

P.S:

i have to add that i have been working out for like 11 months with the following program (Total body program):

Monday & Wednesday & Friday

squat 3sets->12REP

push up 3sets->15REP

Pull down (with dumbbells) 3sets->10REP

Military press 3sets->10REP

upright row 3sets->10REP

triceps pushdown 3sets->12REP

squat against wall 3sets->12REP

biceps curl 3sets->10REP

leg curl 3sets->12REP

Every 4 weeks i switched between BBs and DB with the same program (till 11 months)

hey i am doing a good training i feel like is really changing my body in a good way, and somehow you got the same things there but is not everyday the same thing:

MONDAY AND FRIDAY

Squat 3x12

Leg curl 3x10

barbell bench press 3x12

barbell row 3x12

incline bench barbell press 2x12

Lat machine 2x12

barbell curls 2x15

push down 2x15

Abs 3x15

Wednesday

lunges with dumbell 3x12

Leg curl 3x12

dumbell incline press 3x12

dumbell bent over single arm 3x12

dumbbell shoulder press 2x12

inverse Lat machine 2x12

dumbbell Curl 2x15

cable curls 2x15

Abs 3x15

ps of course this is the first month, from the next month i will change weights and add some other things

Hi Magnito...

To answer your question....NO!

Here's the problem with such a routine...

It only takes localized muscle recovery into consideration (and that routine doesn't even do that very well), what it does not do, is take systemic recovery into consideration.

Most trainee's are under the illusion, that when they use a split routine they can train more frequently....this is simply wrong for the very reason i just stated.

For the average non-steroid using Joe with an average recovery ability, such a routine will very quickly lead to chronic overtraining/fatigue.

Of course, the bodybuilding / fitness industry would have you believe there's no such thing as overtraining, only under supplementation! A great marketing ploy.

Hi Magnito...

It only takes localized muscle recovery into consideration (and that routine doesn't even do that very well), what it does not do, is take systemic recovery into consideration.

Most trainee's are under the illusion, that when they use a split routine they can train more frequently....this is simply wrong for the very reason i just stated.

For the average non-steroid using Joe with an average recovery ability, such a routine will very quickly lead to chronic overtraining/fatigue.

Of course, the bodybuilding / fitness industry would have you believe there's no such thing as overtraining, only under supplementation! A great marketing ploy.

Thanks for ur reply ... but i have done the total body routine for like a year, my body doesnt answer to that effectively ... what kind of plan do you suggest may i know please?

hey i am doing a good training i feel like is really changing my body in a good way, and somehow you got the same things there but is not everyday the same thing:

MONDAY AND FRIDAY

Squat 3x12

Leg curl 3x10

barbell bench press 3x12

barbell row 3x12

Lat machine 2x12

barbell curls 2x15

push down 2x15

Abs 3x15

Wednesday

lunges with dumbell 3x12

Leg curl 3x12

inverse Lat machine 2x12

dumbbell Curl 2x15

cable curls 2x15

Abs 3x15

ps of course this is the first month, from the next month i will change weights and add some other things

Thanks for ur reply

but since ive been using another total body plan, im wondering if it can still be very effective or not am i right?

MONDAY AND FRIDAY

Squat 3x12

Leg curl 3x10

barbell bench press 3x12

barbell row 3x12

Lat machine 2x12

barbell curls 2x15

push down 2x15

Abs 3x15

Wednesday

lunges with dumbell 3x12

Leg curl 3x12

inverse Lat machine 2x12

dumbbell Curl 2x15

cable curls 2x15

Abs 3x15

Thanks for ur reply

but since ive been using another total body plan, im wondering if it can still be very effective or not am i right?

i use to make a total body plan too for one month 3 times per week and i felt like nothing was happening, but with this program i feel really good changing.

i think it doesnt matter when you switch to another training plan

Hi Magnito...

Thanks for ur reply ... but i have done the total body routine for like a year, my body doesnt answer to that effectively ... what kind of plan do you suggest may i know please?

Hey Magnito,

Sorry, maybe that didnt read right, i'm not advocating a full body routine (personally find them to be too much in one sitting). What i was/am saying is that if your are going to use a split routine, keep in mind, you need to still have sufficient rest between workouts to allow for systemic recovery, not just localized muscle recovery....and of course for to allow the body to produce an adaptive response.

I can certainly advise a plan...

The principles of productive exercise ARE universal.

I'm a firm believer in intense abbreviated training, i use only 3-4 (5 tops) working sets to failure per workout. This has worked best for me and everyone i've trained over the last two decades. I've also become a firm believer cycling intensity (stress management), I switch every week or two, one cycle by using "high stress" high intensity technique's such rest pause and static holds and then by using "low stress" high intensity technique's such as pre-exhaustion or Zone training and 1 1/4 reps (cumulative fatigue) the next cycle. This (stress management), and careful regulating your volume and frequency will insure's you don't become overtrained.

When i start someone on a baseline program, its usually on a basic 3 way split routine, a push, pull and legs split. This split has worked well for many...

As just an example...

Workout A

Incline Chest Press (BB, D-B or Machine)

Cable flyes (Not D-B)

Shoulder Press (BB, D-B or Machine) OR Lateral Raise (D-B or Machine)

Triceps isolation movement (optional)

* you could use pre-exhaustion on the chest by starting with the cable flyes first, immediately followed up with Chest Press.

Workout B

Underhand Grip Pulldown (puts the biceps into their strongest position, making them less of a weak link)

Chest Supported Row Machine OR Incline Bench D-B Row

BB, D-B or Machine Curl

* you could use pre-exhaustion on the Back by starting with a Machine or D-B Pullover first, followed up with the Pulldown or Row.

Workout C

Squat or Leg Press

Romanain DL (if Leg Pressing) or Leg Curl (if squatting)

Calf Presses

* you could pre-exhaustion on the Quads by starting with a Leg Extension first, followed up with the Squat or LP

I would recommend a couple of light/moderate weight warm-up sets on the first exercise of each workout, maybe one for the second exercise, and no warm-up on the third movement. (If your using pre exhaustion method, warm-up on the compound movement first) I perform just one working set to complete failure (though still maintaining good form) per exercise.

Right of the bat, i always recommend training no more than 3x per week when training so intensely, and as you grow stronger and bigger, so too do the stresses on the limited recovery ability, this is were stress management techniques and/or regulating frequency comes into play.

I been training like this for quite a few years, and even now, i'm able to still add a few pounds of lean tissue to my frame each year, but its worth no more than a half dozen workouts per months, any more results in diminishing return. It is not about the quantity of exercise, its about the quality and the intensity of effort!

If you need more info, just give ma a shout

to your succuss:)

Rob