air in the stomach

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

EdensDemise
Manatee

air in the stomach

#1 Postby EdensDemise » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 am

since i am going to gym and changed my diet (even if i am vegan since 4 years) habits, i feel like i have a constant air in the stomach, i dont know what can really be.
for example after the morning workout i drink a protein powder shake with vanilla soymilk and banana and eat carbs+protein like rice/oats/spelt etc. + pure seitan (the one cooked with the seitan powder so no additional flavours etc. 81 gr of protein) then for lunch rice-cakes with smoked tofu or wholemeal bread with tofu burger (cooked in the kitchen grill with no oil or other fat things), for snack i eat fruits + a fist of mixed dried fruits (nuts, almonds, peanut, cashews) then for dinner salad, soja schnetzel+cauliflower and before to sleep another protein milkshake with another fist of mixed dried fruits.
with this diet plan my metabolism is getting faster so the times i go to bathroom (sorry again) are doubled, but i dont know hot to explain this air.
i am getting crazy :oops:
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

muchidna
Manatee

Re: air in the stomach

#2 Postby muchidna » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 pm

could it be you aren't getting enough fiber? i know when i've gone overboard on certain foods and get a bit constipated, it's harder for the gasses to come out and it's quite painful

esqinchi
Elephant

#3 Postby esqinchi » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:28 pm

It's probably your increased protein intake. I noticed the same thing when I went from consuming about 60g per day, to 160g per day. Plus, the protein shakes have always messed me up. Maybe try switching your protein powder to a different type?

SunWarrior
Rabbit

#4 Postby SunWarrior » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Maybe you have an issue with gluten. Seitan used to destroy my insides. Since ive gone gluten-free, my gastrointestinal health is much better. I just remember having serious issues with wheat, seitan especially since its pure gluten.
My Bodyspace: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/VeganBodybuild
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeTnoPj0ElkFyL_kwjkk8yQ
My Gmail: tylerveganbb@gmail.com
My goal is to become the biggest and best natural bodybuilder of all time, and I'm gonna do it vegan.

AndiMorris
Manatee

#5 Postby AndiMorris » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:33 am

SunWarrior wrote:Maybe you have an issue with gluten. Seitan used to destroy my insides. Since ive gone gluten-free, my gastrointestinal health is much better. I just remember having serious issues with wheat, seitan especially since its pure gluten.

Exactly what I was going to say. My girlfriend is gluten intolerant, and when I switched to eating mostly gluten free due to us both eating the same meals I noticed a considerable difference in how bloated I felt.

EdensDemise
Manatee

#6 Postby EdensDemise » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:18 am

i dont think is about seitan or gluten because i have never been intolerant to it, i think is about dried fruits+fresh fruits together maybe? and of course the amount of grams of protein that i take now everyday is way much more and more than before by the way for this reason do you think my body will get used to it? or should i combine other things with the protein shakes or proteic food to not have this problems?
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”