Hello from Waterloo, Canada!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Sarina JW

Hello from Waterloo, Canada!

#1 Postby Sarina JW » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello all,
I 'm Sarina from Waterloo, Canada. I am mid-30's and have been vegan for 2.5 years but recently gotten into fitness and bodybuilding. My main motivation to getting in shape is that I dislocated my back earlier this year and am determined to build a strong core to prevent a reinjury. And to lose "the last 10 pounds" from having kids!

I share my passion for healthy vegan eating and living at Earthgiven Kitchen: http://earthgivenkitchen.com/. You can find my recipes there, or can join the facebook page to get recipes in your news feed: https://www.facebook.com/Earthgivenkitchen. Any other vegan bloggers here? :)

I am also a member of the Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness facebook group and appreciate all the great work out tips and recipes people post there.

I love connecting with other vegans around the world, especially those committed to a healthy lifestyle!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Re: Hello from Waterloo, Canada!

#2 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Sarina, nice to see you on here!

Congrats with your progress so far, I'm into cooking as well so I'll have to have a look at your recipes! I have a recipe thread here as well so feel free to try some of them out ~ this should take you straight to them :wink:

All the best with your fitness goals, look forward to seeing you around the board. Have a great weekend MF.

VBB Moderator

#3 Postby C.O. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Welcome to the group here! How did you end up dislocating your back? What techniques are you doing now to strengthen it to prevent future injuries?

#4 Postby DeeVeganDee » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 am

Hi Sarina,

Thanks for sharing your links.. I will be sure to check them out as I love cooking too.

Take care :)

Sarina JW

#5 Postby Sarina JW » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm embarrassed to say that I hurt my back doing nothing more than lifting my four year old while twisting... L2 and L4 dislocated. Excruciating. Unable to walk for three days, another week hobbling with a cane until an osteopath helped it go back in alignment.
To keep my core strong I've been doing 25 minutes of full body strength exercises three times a week, including planks, twists, weights, etc.

Return to “Introductions”