What I eat daily

VeganSink94

During the week I eat brown rice, lentils, plantain (boiled), onions, cabbage, lettuce, apples, bananas and sweet potatoes. I would buy quinoa and more of a variety of fruits, but I can only afford bananas brown rice and lentils. I'm trying to lose fat and build more muscle. I'm thinking of EVENTUALLY buying this protein powder called "Garden Of Life". Any thoughts or tips to help me with my goals in nutrition and fitness would be great!

O yea, I drink only water and I drink about 1 gallon a day.

1061691514_lentsplantainbricesweetpotatolettuce.jpg.de3a31a38e69d07213dbc1ef2fa21aeb.jpg

2 cups brown rice, 2/4 cup lentils, lettuce, plantain (boiled), and sweet potato (boiled).

What kind of lentils are those? The Pardina (Spanish) lentils have the most protein, from what I have discovered. Your diet might be a little carb heavy, especially with the rice + bananas + sweet potatoes. However, if your training is cardio heavy, that might not be a bad thing. If it were me (who does 90% weight training), I would swap 1 cup of brown rice for another cup of lentils. Maybe try to find some more inexpensive greens to add in, other than cabbage.

Is this a picture of what you eat in a single day, or over the course of a week? If it's a week, then I think you might be seriously calorie deficient - but I'm willing to bet this is a single day of eating.

What is your height, weight, gender, etc.?

Im a male, 5ft 8in, and I weigh 155lbs. Everything in the picture is what I eat on a daily basis. The lentils are the "Goya" brand, my cardio is moderate and steady paced 4 days a week for 10 minutes. My weight training is 6-7 days a week, usually 6 with a one day rest. Thanks, I'm going to switch out one cup of brown rice and try to use kale, broccoli or spinach.

By the way, what's your take on brown rice? And also what do you use as your sources of carbs, proteins, and fats? Thanks.

man, dou you really train 6 days a week? i hope everyday has a different body part training. anyway it doesnt look bad the diet if is just what you eat during the day i think you need more protein even if this quantity of carbs should be less during the rest days, try to add tofu, seitan, nuts, cashews, almonds, and soja beans (i generally cook them a bit and then make a cream with it because they dont taste so good 100 gr anyway contains 35 gr of protein). for the pro powders try vega sport i heard is good, i am using a german brand, i never heard about garden of life

man, dou you really train 6 days a week? i hope everyday has a different body part training. anyway it doesnt look bad the diet if is just what you eat during the day i think you need more protein even if this quantity of carbs should be less during the rest days, try to add tofu, seitan, nuts, cashews, almonds, and soja beans (i generally cook them a bit and then make a cream with it because they dont taste so good 100 gr anyway contains 35 gr of protein). for the pro powders try vega sport i heard is good, i am using a german brand, i never heard about garden of life

Lol, yea man I really do train 6 days a week, the 7th day is only when I'm really feeling hyped up though. Also, I do train different body parts every day. My training looks something like this: 1(back,chest,traps,abs,cardio) 2(legs,cardio) 3(bicep,tricep,abs,cardio) 4(back,chest,traps,cardio) 5(bicep,tricep,legs) 6(legs) 7(If I feel like it, if im not groveling in pain, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Vegansink,

props on the hodgetwins quote! i love them!

as far as protein powders go, garden of life is ok, kind of chalky. vega is good, but expensive. i REALLY like lifetime's plant protein. it's pretty cheap on amazon. if you are a student you can get prime membership for $36 a year which gets you 2nd day shipping on all orders, streaming video library, and a kindle lending library if you have one. i highly recommend it and i get most of my supplements cheaper on there than in stores. i hear amazon is eventually going to have a shipping facility in every state, as long as my stuff is packaged the same day, i always get it in two days. good luck!

mekaylah

Plant Fusion Protein is easily drinkable in my opinion. I bought it from www.Bodybuilding.com

Its a clean protein powder and it comes in vanilla bean flavour (good to mix with berries or other fruit)

or chocolate which I just ordered and I'm going to dry with almond milk and peanut butter or something like that.

I can drink the vanilla bean one with water at the gym so that is pretty good but If you have had vanilla whey protein dont expect it to be close in taste lol. It isnt but to me still drinkable.