My 2nd year: no excuses, just results

Hi everyone,

I've registered few days ago (I read your forum from several months) and today i decided to start my training journal. Right now is pretty late so i will just post a pick of me and the training i had today, tomorrow and day by day i will introduce myself and tell you something about my history, something that i never did and that i hope will help me to progress and to improve in training and in life (yeah, this won't be an ordinary journal). I know, i should have started to type earlier... That's the reason number one because i'm getting a journal: I'm really disoranized

Here's me!

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/5214/5g5h.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img826/1765/e62s.jpg

And here's my workout!

-15min run (about 3km)

-4x30 v-up

-2x50 steps of sandbag lunges

-4x20 push-up with 5kg chain

-2x15 dips

-3xmax chin-up (10-10-9)

-some isometrics on rings

-stretch

From tomorrow I will be more precise and detailed, I couldn't wait to start my journal, I really hope you will like it!

Aloha!

Hey !

Goodmorning everyone! I just woke up, had 30 min of stretch and now i'm sipping my protein shake and eating a banana with almondbutter, ready to go out for my workout!

It will consist in something like that:

2-3 sets of 15-20 reps

-pull up

-hang clean and shoulder press

-deadlift

Last two weeks i've trained with something like DC method adapted to my training style, 2 days on and 1 day rest, doing 1 exercise per bodypart at day (3-5 exercise per day). I also started cutting (probably for the first time in my life) trying a low-carb diet that turned in a keto-diet-something-like that turned into a crap yesterday that was my first serious cheat day xD.

I don't know if today i will start back with keto or even with low-carb, for now i will just go training. Last two weeks i feel really weak, moody and pretty estranged. I had no energy, i couldn't do anything exept go to the "gym", end the schedule and go back home... I couldn't even do any cardio, I did it for the first time yesterday since i've started some carb refueling on friday night.

Probably i will just eat a balanced diet with moderate carbs, cut them out from the day before my rest/cardio day and boost them back in the next evening for the day after, staying around 2200/300 calories on my training days.

Later in the morning i will make this journal fuckin cool . See you later guys, OUT FOR SOME LIFTS!!!

Sunday Sep 08: Training

First of all let me introduce you my playground !

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/800/0o79.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img837/853/rk2i.jpg

• Today i had:
  • A light warm up with rope, about 10 minutes (2 songs in my mp3)
  • Shoulder warm up: Clean and jerk movement with a broomstick and then with "empty" barrbell (i say "empty because we have just 10kg barrbells with 2x10kg plates welded on it so you cant empty it xD)
  • 10 min kettlebell (16kg): every minute 10 swing and 5 clean each side
  • 3 sets of dragonflag and 3 sets of pullover on bar
  • Pull-up: 3xmax with iron chain on shoulder (roughly 5kg, sligthy more) (8-6-6 reps)
  • Military press: 2x10, 35kg
  • Deadlift: 2x16, 66kg*
  • Stretch: 3 sets of 30 sec at the bottom of skin the cat and 3 sec pike stretch

*Actually i did a first set at 56kg because i misread my journal (reading 54 insted 64) but i recognized it was pretty light so i went to the correct weight and it feel preetty light too xD, here i felt the carbs load, last deadlift workout i struggled with 64kg so i increased just of 2kg but i should have bumped directly at 70kg or more. Crap, i'm bored of that, i want to lift heay! I want to go back lift some RM!

Back home in about 20 minutes, 10 min cycling (uphill xD) and 5 mins to get of the shoes, i had a soy yougurt with a slice of melon, some frozen cranberries and a teaspoon of peanut butter (100% peanuts) for about 350kcal that had 25g of protein (23 from soy and 3 from pb).

Definitely, i'm really perplessed about keto, i wont go in that low carb again i think. I will keep them pretty low and load them up a little bit the days before i'll workout in the morning (maybe some oatmeal or a sweetpotato at diner). I never been anticarb, i don't really know why i did it xD.

Sunday Sep 08: Eating

Before i start i want to tell you something about me, because this "eathing thing" bring me back to another reason for wich i've started this journal.

From 12 to 23 of august I've been in Ireland for my "summer holidays" (damn that place was fuckin cold, next year will be hawai!). It was actually a surf-trip. I spent 7 days in Boundoran surfing (and eating lot of junk food) and the remaning 3 days in Dublin where my sister lives and where i found some cool vegan restaurant and vegan bakery. There my days went like: have a run to te park and 100 burpees, go nut with vegan cakes, take a walk in that museum, go nut with icecream, have another run at the park and some calisthenics, go nut at the veg restaurant. Actually life wasnt that bad, i also managed to do not gain that much... I left Rome at 73kg and came back at 74kg .

Once back in Rome (yeah I'm italian, probably i didn't told ya yet), I wanted to come back to the healthy lifestyle i had before, i was trying to cut weight from april/may so i decided to start with 4-6 weeks of cutting (properly done), to burn some fat till october, and then start my second year of training BULKING UP AGAIN! (in this year i went from 68kg/no mucles of last september to almost 80kg on march at the actual 72kg that was 73-74 before my vacation, i'll talk about that later but i'm quite satisfied)

Anyway i get to the point, I went into some eating disorder in my youth, and being on that cutting diet made me nervous.

The first week of my cut I always had concerns about eating too much or too less, most of all i feared to drop down with weight again! But i learned to deal with that and went on with my diet, then the hard part became to eat again something that was not in my schedule, I wanted to control it all... My first cheat day was ridicoulus: i had a cup of oatmeal in the morning, and a banana dipped in peanut butter after workout xD, and then ate even less than what i should to compensate xD.

The second week was more tolerable, i was more flexible but always with an eye on the macros, everything looked to be ok, I feel weak by times or some hungry but i was actually cutting so.... Fair game. Then i started with that mind of "refueling carbs in the weekend", to have another cheat. I started friday evening at diner with some sweetpotatoes and an oatmeal later along with my presleep shake (everyting ok!). I woke up the next morning and had an organic chocolate and nuts bar plus my usual protein-fruit shake, after workout i ate some soy icecream with oatmeal then i started to loose control... To feel more like i was bingeing then refueling.

If i think now about what i ate yesterday... It wasn't that much, it wasn't that cheat... I just stuffed myself with quinoa at lunch and added some brownrice to my usual tofu later.....

After that looks like i've regained control, like i woke up from a nightmare. I feel ok now, with what i ate today, yesterday and with what i'm going to eat. It helped me even to figure out better what to eat in this diet... But what actually matterrs is how i feel yesterday, and last days: this last month has pulled out many skeletons in my closet, old fears, sensations and feelings that i thought where gone. But now I grew up, I'm not the same as before, my life is different, I have had many experiences and achieved many goals things that i couldn't even come close before and I'm not afraid so I'm going to fuck it and gain at least 5kg of lean mass this year! That's my transformation, I dont want to get skinny... I want to bulk up! Because there's no easy way to bulk up! I won't take easy ways anymore!

• Let's start this log, I think we can subtitle it Eat and lift! So:

• Meal 1 350/400 kcal 30g pro
  • 2 scoop of warrior blend
  • 1 banana with almond butter

[*]

• Meal 2 300/350 kcal 25g pro
  • Soy yogurt with fruit and 1ts of peanut butter

[*]

• Meal 3 350/400 kcal 25g pro
  • Cauliflower, spinach and avocado salad with limejuice

[*]

• Meal 4 250 kcal 18g pro (i was out of pumpkin seeds, usually i put a little more =()
  • Scrambled tofu with 2 zucchini, pumpkin seeds and some green salad

[*]

• Meal 5 250 kcal 15g pro (+ the almonds)
  • Unsweetned almond milk with 1 scoop of rice protein + 10 almonds. Usually i get just 2 scoop of protein and the milk but i ran out of powder D:

[*]

• Meal 6 360/370 kcal 30g pro
  • Steamed tempeh and green beans

[*]

• Meal 7 200 kcal 30g pro
  • Protein shake and flaxseeds

Total: 2100/2200 kcal (170g protein)

I will edit this with next my meals, I think i will go on this way every day: 1 post for training and 1 for nutrition (and editing them when i need), Eat and lift... sound really nice xD

Edit: I have lots of reflections and toughts about today, most are positive . I'm a bit concerned because tomorrow is my rest day but thursday and wednsday i probably won't have the possibility to train, i will figure out something while sleeping... I'm really tired

Monday Sep 08 - 08:15am

It looks is going to be a rainy day so i just went out for an easy run after my morning stretch, 2 miles at easy peace.

Once back i made a really tasty creamy-cappuccino-like with some soy milk, hazelnut flour and cocoa powder (don't know where it came of but i have to do it again ) and had a soy yogurt with a diced apple. Good for 370kcal and 20g+ of proteins (it's 20 just from the yogurt). Cinnamon sprinkled all over!! (i would have add some raisins but i'm keeping sugars low, is my rest day).

Looks like winter is coming!! (That mean fresh broccoli, i love them, i will make broccoli and cashew soup one of these days )

I will probably workout in the evening, deciding if have an abs workout or something like: db man makers, barrbell row, flat dumbell press, front squat. Anyway, i'm getting one today and one tomorrow so... xD!

Good morning everyone! I know is strange but here is about 8:30 am!

Could you post a meal plan for your low carbs diet?, would be interesting to see how reliant on supplements it is

I basically have 3 shakes per day: in the morning (pre or post workout), in the evening as snack, and pre-sleep.

The last meal plan that i've post isn't that high in carbs (not low carb), i didn't make the count because i'm quitting that but it should be at max 200g carb, and 2200kcal for me is quite straving anyway xD. You just cut of any heavy-carb veggie like potatoes, then grains, cereals and legumes. You can go further and cut on fruit to replace it with fats from seeds, nuts, and fat-rich fruit.

Hope it helped, i'm not so good in making meal plans =(

whenever i have 2x shakes in a day, i just feel stuffed for the whole day, makes it painful to eat the rest of my calories
Wish was the same for me xD. I think im going for 2500 kcal today and see what happen
Great journal, I'm definitely following this.
Thank you man! hope you will enjoy it

Update: You know when your body is very tired everywere but your mind is full of energy? Is probably the opposite of how i fell last weeks.... What should you do? You train or you rest? I'm just going to workout cause i'm not sure i will find time tomorrow. Hope 3 days in a row wont beat me too much....

Anyway, i feel really creative in kitchen today. For lunch i baked my spinach in the owen with some crusty "cheese" (nutritional yeast) over it xD, and later after workout i have a mind to make some kind of pudding with hemp proteins and broccoli (i keep hemp proteins as backup and i ran out of rawlicious yesterday)

Monday Sep 09: Eat and Lift!

Eating

Today i feel far more relaxed with my diet, and hopefully with the rest. We'll get the test tomorrow, i have to wake up early (6 am) and being all the morning around. I had hard times to get convinced and say yes, these days i feel unconfortable with others, like if they can affect my routine in bad, like if i can't find time for my own. I don't know if i'm too strict on that or if i really need some kind of break to put order in my mind. One sure thing is that at the moment training is one of my main objective, and not everyone can understand that, so sometimes is just hard deal with the others. Plus i get frustrated when i have sacrifice something of my training routine, as exaple today i should have rested and tomorrow i should have trained, i had to switch... No problem, everything ok, i was a beast in this evening workout, the only concern i have is about the sleep, i hope it would suffice to recover a little (fear of catabolism: i'll get some oatmeal as breakfast ). Also i need to pack food for tomorrow, and people always complain about that, they think is the "same" if i eat a crap or if i don't try once... yes probably it is, but dedication is the most important part in bodybuilding in my opinion, and nothing is the "same" as train good and eat clean.

By the way is nice to be here with you guys, i'd like to write lot more but i need to sleep . Here's today log, sorry if is a little poor:

• Meal 1 370 kcal 24g pro
    • Soy yogurt with diced apple and cinnamon
    • "Cappuccino" (soy milk, hazelnut flour, cocoa)

• Meal 2 250 kcal 30g pro
  • 2 scoop of protein with coconut milk

• Meal 3 360 kcal 22g pro
  • Spinach and "cheese" patties
  • Mashed cauliflower with spices

• Meal 4 320 kcal 21g pro
  • Scrambled tofu with seeds and quinoa

• Meal 5 300 kcal 23g pro
  • Hemp protein and broccoli smoothie with some avocado slices and a spritz of limejuice (awsome )

• Meal 6 360 kcal 33g pro
  • Steamed thempeh and portobello mushrooms

• Protein shake and flaxseeds

Total: 2160 kcal (181g protein)

Training

• I woke up in a nice mood and had a little run after my stretches, before breakfast. Then in the early evening, around 4:30/5 pm i had:
  • Warm up circuit: 50 crunches, 15 push-up, 60sec plank, 30sec side-plank (each side), 60sec bridge, 15 push-up, 60sec plank, 30sec side-plank (each side), 50 crunches, 60sec raised plank, 2min bridge, 50 crunches
  • Hanged crunches (hanged from the shins ): 2x10+3x12(weighted)
  • Barrbell row: 2x13 (40kg)
  • Flat dumbell press: 1x15+1x13 (20kg + the empty dumbell)
  • Front squat: 2x15 (50kg)

Hey ya!

This morning i had some cool surfing!! Does it count like cardio xD? I had an apple before stepping in the water, i couldn't do it empty stomach D: Damn my back sore everywhere, i hope i didn't make a trouble.

Anyway i figured out something very important (being in the water is always inspiring xD): you have to take your time in life, in both ways. I must learn to say "no" to people without feeling in fault and looking for excuses when i don't want to do something whatever the reasons... And i have to take my time in training and in reaching my objectives, is better to don't burn up you today for the rush (actually expressed in anxiety), you know... it's a long way and sometimes being in an hurry to do everything at once may do more harm than good, it makes you lose focus and lucidity, two other very important things along with dedication to reach your goals.

• Let's start with the log (see you later for the updates ):
    • Meal 1 370 kcal 21g pro (just from the soy, did i charge too much carbs ?)
  • Soy yogurt with 2 prunes
  • Quinoa flakes (it's like oatmeal but with quinoa, I absolutley love it. I love oatbran too )
  • A square of dark chocolate 100% cocoa, actually "cocoa paste" (I know is cheaty but i feel pretty sad this morning when i woke up xD)

[*]

• Snack: I had an apple before getting in the water, it was 8:15 and i had my breakfast at 6:30: I wouldn't have lasted more than 10 mins in the water without.... How many calories? Around 100 i think

[*]

• Meal 2 270 kcal 30g pro
  • 2 scoop of protein with almond milk

[*]

• Meal 3 310 kcal 22g pro (not sure of the count i'm really low in protein anyway at now )
  • Broccoli and mushrooms curry
  • I sprinkled on it some nutritional yeast. I never used this aliment before last week. What do you think about it? Is healty? Too processed? Is the protein quality good? Actually yeast should be just a fungus... don't really know, if the're someone... any help apreciated xD

[*]

• Meal 4 280 kcal 21g pro
  • Scrambled tofu with pumpkin seeds (again -.-...... I'm getting bored of it. Tomorrow i'll get grilled tofu with avocado)

[*]

• Meal 5 220 kcal 21g pro
  • Hemp protein shake

[*]

• Meal 6 350 kcal 34g pro
  • Tempeh and broccoli

[*]

• Presleep shake hot chocolate style. New recipe, same calories. Yum!

Total: 2130 kcal 179g pro

I'm falling asleep just right now.... But from tomorrow is time to change! I will put few more calories and eat more balanced, i have some kind of plan xD! But tomorrow.... Goodnight!

Ok! From today we get serious!

The goal is to get a balanced diet and retain the muscle, i don't want t lose any more weight. I'm going for 2300 kcal for today with 6 meals of 350 kcal (balanced in something like 40/30/30 - 35g/26g/11g) and the usual presleep shake (200 kcal), staying around 180g of proteins wich should be ok.

I'm pretty sore so i will just go out for an easy run and some abs/bodyweight/calistenichs, just to relax the muscles!

More updates later! Thank you to everyone is reading!

Ah! I forgot, i will weight myself from today! before breakfast i was 71kg!

Update: Just back from some training and feeling really better! This diet is much more easy to manage (actually if u don't aim to be precise at the gram you can just count your daily protein, add some fats and put the rest in carbs). Coming back from the park i went to my retail store and bought some lifebars: a new line of rawbar they have introduced, damn tasty and good in nutritional. I just had the chocolate one this morning, wich is 179 kcal, along with my protein shake for a total of 340 kcal.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9015/xex0.jpg

Chocolate and cashew is 179kcal (4pro, 20 carb, 10 fat) and coconut is 191kcal (3pro, 20carb, 11fat)

They're making me a good price when i buy a a whole box plus, i'm introducing them vega, sunwarrior and rawlicious products. Hope they will start to stock them, and maybe need some help doing that, i've already worked there few months and have that job again would be nice!

I'll start some log later, i'm really busy today. I'ts ok if i edit posts that much? It looks less messy, what do you think?

Tuesday Sep 12: late log from yesterday and some news!

Nice beard!! ..and playground!

Thank you ! I have a mind to shave! (kidding )

Damn guys I missed the log yesterday but i were so tired i fell asleep immediately, and today I woke up really late, like at 9 am. Anyway tomorrow my ordinary life begins day by day to restart, I will have a test in the university in the morning and then from next week some lesson till the time my day will be soooooooo full xD!

Today i will workout later, before or after lunch, I have to lift something today.... I'm sleeping too much xD... And then i will study all day!

Yesterday i had a grappling lesson in the evening: a new gym opened just 3 minutes walk from here. It's pretty much as i like it: lots of empty space, bar rack, lots of barrbells and kettlebells, bulgarian bags ecc ecc everywhere. Plus i wanted to start back some fighting/martial arts from long time (i was brown belt in karate, quitted it at 17. Had 1 year of bjj lessons and played rugby for another 1 year)

• Aswell yesterday in the morning i had:
  • 20 mins run at easy pace
  • Lot of stretches, yoga and isometrics holds
  • 10xpush-up 10xclap push-up 2x20weighted push-up
  • 2x15 leg raises (from L-hang to toes to bar)
  • 2x12 weighted hanged crunches

Just something easy to recover

• The meal plan according to what i said was:
    • Meal 1 340kcal 30gpro
  • 2 scoop of protein
  • life bar chocolate/cshew

[*]

• Meal2 355kcal 24g pro
  • Soy yogurt with a banana

[*]

• Meal 3 360kcal 24g pro
  • I had to pack my lunch out: cauliflower and an handfull of cashew

[*]

• Meal 4 350kcal 26g pro
  • 1 cup of lentils and 2 teaspoon of olive oil

[*]

• Meal 5 240kcal 30g pro
  • Rice protein and almond milk

[*]

• Meal 6 340kcal 28g pro
  • Sauteed tofu spinach and mushrooms

[*]

• Meal 7 200kcal 30g pro
  • Presleep shake with flaxseeds

Total: 2185kcal (I managed to rise a little bit , going for more today!) 192g pro

Still weighting 71kg this morning. Later i will have some pull-ups and dips for sure and bang my legs with something hard!

Tuesday Sep 12: Eat and lift!

Saddly i think there won't be lifting for today =(. I woke up late and planned to workout after lunch but i studied till now and at 3pm seems we're going to have some surf!

• Hope i'm not eating too much for another rest day, and hope surfing will burn something!
    • Meal 1 355kcal 24g pro
  • Soy yogurt and banana

[*]

• Meal 2 370kcal 25g pro
  • Cauliflower and cashew (i have cooked many of them yesterday xD)

[*]

• Meal 3 360kcal 30g pro
  • Sauteed tempeh with mushrooms

Going to pack something to bring with me!

• Meal 4 250kcal 15g pro
  • Soy yogurt and apple

[*]

• Meal 5 240kcal 30g pro
  • Shake with almond milk

[*]

• Meal 6 360kcal 30g pro
  • Tempeh and brussel sprouts

[*]

• Meal 7 200kcal 30g pro
  • Protein pudding :3

Total: 2150kcal (183g of protein)

Edit: This new "diet" is so cool! It's really easy to manage: you have just to find out meals that will fit your plan, as example soy yogurt will fit for your % of protein and fat so you have just to add some carbs in proportion..... and most of all make me feel more confortable when i'm eating! Today I just kept simple but i'm starting ro create some nice meals! I'll show you .

Hey, 'morning ! Just had my smoothie with 1 scoop on vega and 1 of sunworrir shaked with almond milk... now i'm going out for a run and some calistenichs, light traning since in the evening i will have 3 hours of grappling training (i'm liking it very much, i'm happy to be back in some contact-sport) xD. I have a mind to cheat on something today or tomorrow since saturday/sunday will be two days of fire (i have to push, i'm away from weights from monday!), and next week i would like to start back with cross-fit classess or/and some strenght training. I'm feeling energy and motivation coming back now that my diet is getting fixed!

Go hard or go home!

Friday (Sep) the 13th: Eat and Lift!

Damn I feel super today! Was about time!

I also realized that i had achieved some goals: I met a friend/workout-mate i didn't saw from few weeks and he told me stuff like "Man you look much more ripped", "your chest is bigger".... No more fear to lose any mass, i was 70kg this morning. Plus i had 3x10 chin-up and another goal for these weeks of training (from when i came back from Ireland and started cut) was to raise some repetitions in chin-up, dip and pull up (i could do just sets of 6 reps at start of august, weighted a lot.... but still 6 reps).

In the evening 3 hours of grappling/wrestling awaits me, as i said i feel super, no sore at all... and most important i have no fear of feeling sore, feeling tired, have trained too much/less, hadnt enough rest and bla bla bla.

Time to prepare for the college test, have to go ad 1:30. I will stuff mysef with broccoli and quinoa for lunch, need some carbs for the evening!

• Meal 1 350kcal 31g pro
  • 1 scoop of vega and 1 scoop of warriorblend with almond milk
  • 2 prunes

[*]

• Morning workout
  • 2 miles run at easy peace
  • Core warm-up: Starting and ending with 50 crunches. 2 sets of 15 push-up, 60sec plank, 30sec side plank on each side, 1min bridge hold on the head
  • Stretches, yoga, and some isometrics (frog stand, tuck planche, L and V sit)
  • 4x10 strict leg raise with toe touching the bar
  • 2x20 weighted push-up
  • 3x10 chin up
  • 1x20 and 2x15 diamond push-up
  • Farmer walk with 3gal of water each side (kidding just needed to buy 2 packs of water on the wayback xD)

[*]

• Meal 2 350kcal 24g pro
  • Soy yogurt and 3 grapefruit juice

[*]

• Meal 3
  • Cauliflower and cashew (again xD)

[*]

• Meal 4 370kcal
  • Grilled tofu and quinoa

[*]

• Meal 5 150kcal 10g pro
  • Had half ofb protein bar between 2 lessons of grappling

[*]

• Meal 6
  • Sauteed tempeh with mushrooms
  • Yams... one whole xD

[*]

• Meal 7 300kcal
  • Protein pudding
  • Rice crackers and almond butter

Edited by Rigelol

Where are you attending collage at?? If you don't mind my asking..

Hey! Actually i'm studing in Rome, the college name is "La Sapienza". I'm starting the 2nd year in "environmental science and marine biology" but i have a mind to switch to "meteorology" (actually the complete name is much longer but the objective is always to get a master in meteorology/oceanography at the end of that), there's a lot of lessons/exams in common so is not hard to do that.

I saw lot of beautifull pics in your journal!! I have to show you the rest of the park where I train, is the biggest in Rome and is also Archeology and Natural reserve, there's a lot of people trialrunning here. You will probably like that, i will take some pics next time ! Unfortunately i can't compete with you in kitchen, your meals looks damn tasty D:!

Where are you attending collage at?? If you don't mind my asking..

Hey! Actually i'm studing in Rome, the college name is "La Sapienza". I'm starting the 2nd year in "environmental science and marine biology" but i have a mind to switch to "meteorology" (actually the complete name is much longer but the objective is always to get a master in meteorology/oceanography at the end of that), there's a lot of lessons/exams in common so is not hard to do that.

I saw lot of beautifull pics in your journal!! I have to show you the rest of the park where I train, is the biggest in Rome and is also Archeology and Natural reserve, there's a lot of people trialrunning here. You will probably like that, i will take some pics next time ! Unfortunately i can't compete with you in kitchen, your meals looks damn tasty D:!

Rome must be amazing place to study! I'm studying at the University of Oklahoma, which for the United States is the place to be for meteorology. We have amazing tornadoes and the ice storms are insane see. I'm study history and trail documentarian though.

I would love to see the rest of that park! We actually don't have many trail runners, or trail cyclist here. It's amazing because we have these great trails and acres of wilderness and I rarely pass anyone on them. Not many people use them. It's packed full of wild life, I frequently get the opportunity to run with deer.

I do love food,,, and beer... and wine.... and booze.. lol.

Saturday Sep 14: Eat and Lift!

Just back from workout! I wanted to do some serious lifts but i'm quite disappointed by myself: I had hard times doing that 70kg squat clean and i stucked at 65kg with C&J.... My RM was 80kg in June. I have to go back in some strenght training!

• The complete workout was:
  • Warm-up: Rope-jump, 2x10 clapping push-ups and then stretches and joint mobility for hips and shoulders
  • Had "broomstick warm-up for clean and jerk" and then moved to an empty barrbell
  • Clean&Jerk: 7x1 (max load 65kg )
  • Barrbell row: 2x13 @45kg
  • Military press: 1x11, 1x8 @36kg and 1x10 @35kg
  • Deadlift:2x16 @70kg

(ok , reading it now, i've actually sucked today xD)

It should have also been my cheat day so i bought some soy icecream to eat after workout but i couldn't allow myself to do that..... Man i hated it, it was frustrating: it was like that lack of motivations to put those fuckin 70kg over your head, or to get under this 80kg loaded barrbell. I've just told myself "If it makes you troubled, just don't do that: you will save the cheats for later. Now just focus on eating clean, eat balanced and eat more and go harder tomorrow". I have to come back from that, this summer has broke me! Then i will have all the icecream i want, with no troubles!

(anyway i had a little cheat in the morning, but it was disappointing to count the calories and see that it wasn't so cheaty xD...)

Edit: Doing some craps in kitchen can really lift your mood!

I made this curry with just tofu, a carrot and some soymilk to make it creamy, in the end i added some brown rice ! Pretty tasty, and had 360kcal with 23g of protein

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4815/rjg4.jpg]http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5316/f3x5.jpg

(i know it looks very crap D: )

Sunday Sep 15: Eat and lift!

Ooook! I just have made a very long and nice post but don't know why it got deleted xD! I'll write something again later xD

• Training
  • Rope jump: 10min (im getting good at that!)
  • Stretches and legs warm up
  • Box-jump: 5x2 low-rest
  • Shoulder and core warm up: hold 30sec/rest 15sec, 5 sets of hollow rock + bridge up. Bar kip practice
  • Muscle up: 5x2, 3x3
  • Dip: 2x15
  • Weighted pull-up: 4x6 (i had to do 2x8-10)
  • Squat: 1x15, 1x16 60kg

• And let's go to what i'm eating!
    • Meal 1 400kcal 27g pro
  • Oatmeal with soymilk, hemp powder, cinnamon and raisin

[*]

• Meal 2 270kcal 25g pro
  • 1 scoop of rice protein with almond milk
  • Half ofb protein bar

[*]

• Meal 3 340kcal 24g pro
  • Soy yogurt salad with cucumbers and celery (really refreshing, i'm going to make it for breakfast!)

[*]

• Meal 4 380kcal 27g pro
  • Microwave cake-like-baked broccoli, spinach, avocado and nutritional yeast

[*]

• Meal 5 240kcal 30g pro
  • Protein shake with almond milk

[*]

• Meal 6 350kcal 28g pro

[*]

• Meal 7 200kcal 30g pro
  • Proteine pudding and flaxseeds

Total 2180kcal (191g protein)

Monday 16 Sep: Eat and Lift! - Back to school

Yes i'm back to school! Today the new semester is officially starting, the days are not yet full but in a copule of week it will be so.

It's also my first week on this forum and with this journal so i would like to thank anyone who gave me advices, who's reading my journal, who will read it and everyone else around !

Today is "rest day", I will have some cardio ( 1 and half hour of grappling and 1 hour of kick) in the evening, so i'm thinking about my results. It's 3 weeks i'm cutting and struggling with this diet and i've lost about 10-11 lbs (I'll weight my-self tomorrow and take pics, and it will be official even if i was little cheatty today xD), i accomplished some goals in training even though the schedule was not the best for a cutting diet, just for this I'm thinking whether is better to sit out for a copule of week right now or keep it for this last week to end a complete month (and then take a copule of week off anyway) before go into another cycle. I will train "free" (maybe bodyweight and calisthenics, or an ordinary split schedule) and give the body some time to release stress and adapt, keep the good habits of theese weeks and get back the best from the times before, that will hopefully give me the right mindsetting to struggle with the most important think that is find a diet that suit me.

Thank you again guys for being there, sharing my thoughts, my trainings, my meals with you helped me to look at everything more objectively. I hope and i will really try to make this journal much more enjoynable in the near future!

Se you later