New member looking for some help

renzo95

Hello everyone.

My english is not perfect, so I might make some grammar mistakes.

I've been vegan for more than two years but I've never really cared about what I eat. Recently, I've become more interested in bodybuilding and living a healthy life. The problem is, I don't know where to start. I've never done exercise before, my diet is a little messy, I spend too much time on the computer and I don't know anything about nutrition or workouts.

I know this is going to be very difficult for me, but I want to try it at least.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help me with any of the issues I mentioned. In case it is relevant, I'm almost 19, I'm 5'10'' (178 cm) and I weight 172 pounds (78 kg).

Thanks!

Well first start with trying to swap out processed foods for whole foods if your diet is off. Improve on it as you learn more about nutrition. As far as training, start with a goal. Then find a training program that will meet those goals. If your goal is bodybuilding then you need a direction and plan to get you their. Like some bodybuilders prefer to focus on size first then losing the body fat second, some prefer recomps ect.. I would suggest looking at a few training journals and try and find a module sort of or a training plan that appeals to you. Or just pick a plan and start it. LIke madcows 5x5 nice lay out for beginners. Then adapt things to your needs as you learn and gain more experiences. There are a lot of options you have to find something that appeals and works for you.

I always suggest everyone keep a training journal they are great for getting advice and self awareness of what you are doing, also great for keeping you moving in the right direction.

Kora said pretty much everything.

Some things that really helped me out:

- Stop drinking juices, sodas, sugary drinks... drink plain water, and lots of water.

- Eat properly. If you want to get big eat like a big guy, but don't exaggerate.

- Sleep properly. At least 8h/night.

- Want to get big? Lift heavy weights.

- Want to get lean? Do cardio ( running, bike, sports in general ) or you can also lift heavy weights.

Finally, read people's journals, you will get a general idea about what to do, then you can ask more specific questions.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Renzo,

Welcome to the community here. Have you found some helpful information here? I'm sure the first two replies to your intro must have been beneficial. Its great that there are so many people here willing to share. Where are you from by the way?

-Dylan