Jack Lalanne

About 6 months ago, at age 41, I was feeling very old and overweight. Aches and pains... stiff joints... difficulty getting out of bed... the works. Started thinking that maybe it was time to wind down my life. Then I came across this:

Jack Lalanne --- Feats and accomplishments: At 42, he did 1,023 push-ups in 23 minutes on the TV show, “You Asked For It.” Was named Professional Mr. America in 1954. At 60, he swam handcuffed from Alcatraz to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco Bay while towing a 1,000-pound boat. At 70, he pulled 70 boats holding 70 people 1½ miles through the harbor in Long Beach, Calif., while handcuffed and shackled...

Now he is in his 90s and still works out for 2 hours every day.

What an inspiration! Time to get started on the rest of my life, I guess. I probably only have 60-70 years left!

ya, College - I want one of those juicers too!!

Sirdle, those facts you provide are amazing? He actually did ALL That stuff? Wow, how impressive.

Jack Lalane doesnt consume dairy - he was interiewed once on the powers of fresh home made juices and said:

"Nature intended milk for calves. Drink juice, as nature intended for us - not milk."

Honestly, my friend has that power juicer and it is awesome. After a lass of fresh juice, you can honestly feel your body saying "Awwww, thanks!!!!! That is what I need".

Everybody who can afford to should definitely get that juicer and start using it.

Fruits and veggies are truly nature's miracle / power foods.

Sirdle, those facts you provide are amazing? He actually did ALL That stuff? Wow, how impressive.

And a lot more. I have a list around here somewhere. One year he swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf... another time he did it handcuffed... another time handcuffed and shackled... another time towing a boat... truly amazing. I think in 1976 he towed 76 boats across a bay somewhere.

What is more amazing is that as a kid he was laid up for a long time (I think it was a football injury to his knee) and was told by his doctor that he would never walk again. His determination was RAW. He set his sights on the steepest hill in town and vowed that one day he would walk up it... he did and never looked back!

In his late teens he started experimenting with weights. Local firemen and policemen would come over to his house. He had them all on exercise and diet plans. He experimented on them and on himself. He charted what they ate and how much they lifted. He invented machines to help with some of the lifts (many of the modern weight machines are based on designs of his, but he never thought to patent any of them). He was thought of as a charlatan and a quack. The policemen had to sneak over to his house at night because their captain did not approve...

I think I read somewhere that his parents both died young, from diet-related diseases. How sad.