Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 2nd year: no excuses, just results
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 am 
Rabbit

Tuesday Sep 12: Eat and lift!
Saddly i think there won't be lifting for today =(. I woke up late and planned to workout after lunch but i studied till now and at 3pm seems we're going to have some surf!

Hope i'm not eating too much for another rest day, and hope surfing will burn something!
    • Meal 1 355kcal 24g pro
    • Soy yogurt and banana
    • Meal 2 370kcal 25g pro
    • Cauliflower and cashew (i have cooked many of them yesterday xD)
    • Meal 3 360kcal 30g pro
    • Sauteed tempeh with mushrooms

Going to pack something to bring with me!

• Meal 4 250kcal 15g pro
    • Soy yogurt and apple
    • Meal 5 240kcal 30g pro
    • Shake with almond milk
    • Meal 6 360kcal 30g pro
    • Tempeh and brussel sprouts
    • Meal 7 200kcal 30g pro
    • Protein pudding :3

Total: 2150kcal (183g of protein)

Edit: This new "diet" is so cool! It's really easy to manage: you have just to find out meals that will fit your plan, as example soy yogurt will fit for your % of protein and fat so you have just to add some carbs in proportion..... and most of all make me feel more confortable when i'm eating! Today I just kept simple but i'm starting ro create some nice meals! I'll show you :).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:39 am 
Rabbit

Hey, 'morning :D! Just had my smoothie with 1 scoop on vega and 1 of sunworrir shaked with almond milk... now i'm going out for a run and some calistenichs, light traning since in the evening i will have 3 hours of grappling training (i'm liking it very much, i'm happy to be back in some contact-sport) xD. I have a mind to cheat on something today or tomorrow since saturday/sunday will be two days of fire (i have to push, i'm away from weights from monday!), and next week i would like to start back with cross-fit classess or/and some strenght training. I'm feeling energy and motivation coming back now that my diet is getting fixed!
Go hard or go home!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:43 am 
Rabbit

Friday (Sep) the 13th: Eat and Lift!
Damn I feel super today! Was about time!
I also realized that i had achieved some goals: I met a friend/workout-mate i didn't saw from few weeks and he told me stuff like "Man you look much more ripped", "your chest is bigger".... No more fear to lose any mass, i was 70kg this morning. Plus i had 3x10 chin-up and another goal for these weeks of training (from when i came back from Ireland and started cut) was to raise some repetitions in chin-up, dip and pull up (i could do just sets of 6 reps at start of august, weighted a lot.... but still 6 reps).
In the evening 3 hours of grappling/wrestling awaits me, as i said i feel super, no sore at all... and most important i have no fear of feeling sore, feeling tired, have trained too much/less, hadnt enough rest and bla bla bla.
Time to prepare for the college test, have to go ad 1:30. I will stuff mysef with broccoli and quinoa for lunch, need some carbs for the evening!

• Meal 1 350kcal 31g pro
    • 1 scoop of vega and 1 scoop of warriorblend with almond milk
    • 2 prunes

• Morning workout
    • 2 miles run at easy peace
    • Core warm-up: Starting and ending with 50 crunches. 2 sets of 15 push-up, 60sec plank, 30sec side plank on each side, 1min bridge hold on the head
    • Stretches, yoga, and some isometrics (frog stand, tuck planche, L and V sit)
    • 4x10 strict leg raise with toe touching the bar
    • 2x20 weighted push-up
    • 3x10 chin up
    • 1x20 and 2x15 diamond push-up
    • Farmer walk with 3gal of water each side (kidding just needed to buy 2 packs of water on the wayback xD)

• Meal 2 350kcal 24g pro
    • Soy yogurt and 3 grapefruit juice
    • Meal 3
    • Cauliflower and cashew (again xD)
    • Meal 4 370kcal
    • Grilled tofu and quinoa
    • Meal 5 150kcal 10g pro
    • Had half ofb protein bar between 2 lessons of grappling
    • Meal 6
    • Sauteed tempeh with mushrooms
    • Yams... one whole xD
    • Meal 7 300kcal
    • Protein pudding
    • Rice crackers and almond butter

Last edited by Rigelol on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:09 am 
Manatee

Where are you attending collage at?? If you don't mind my asking..

http://ravingrunner.com/

http://instagram.com/ravingrunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:59 pm 
Rabbit

Kora wrote:

Hey! Actually i'm studing in Rome, the college name is "La Sapienza". I'm starting the 2nd year in "environmental science and marine biology" but i have a mind to switch to "meteorology" (actually the complete name is much longer but the objective is always to get a master in meteorology/oceanography at the end of that), there's a lot of lessons/exams in common so is not hard to do that.
I saw lot of beautifull pics in your journal!! I have to show you the rest of the park where I train, is the biggest in Rome and is also Archeology and Natural reserve, there's a lot of people trialrunning here. You will probably like that, i will take some pics next time :D! Unfortunately i can't compete with you in kitchen, your meals looks damn tasty D:!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm 
Manatee

Rigelol wrote:
Kora wrote:

Hey! Actually i'm studing in Rome, the college name is "La Sapienza". I'm starting the 2nd year in "environmental science and marine biology" but i have a mind to switch to "meteorology" (actually the complete name is much longer but the objective is always to get a master in meteorology/oceanography at the end of that), there's a lot of lessons/exams in common so is not hard to do that.
I saw lot of beautifull pics in your journal!! I have to show you the rest of the park where I train, is the biggest in Rome and is also Archeology and Natural reserve, there's a lot of people trialrunning here. You will probably like that, i will take some pics next time :D! Unfortunately i can't compete with you in kitchen, your meals looks damn tasty D:!

Rome must be amazing place to study! I'm studying at the University of Oklahoma, which for the United States is the place to be for meteorology. We have amazing tornadoes and the ice storms are insane see. I'm study history and trail documentarian though.

I would love to see the rest of that park! We actually don't have many trail runners, or trail cyclist here. It's amazing because we have these great trails and acres of wilderness and I rarely pass anyone on them. Not many people use them. It's packed full of wild life, I frequently get the opportunity to run with deer.

I do love food,,, and beer... and wine.... and booze.. :D lol.

http://ravingrunner.com/

http://instagram.com/ravingrunner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:06 am 
Finch

Nice work so far man! Keep it up. Posts like these give me the inspiration I need to keep going on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:54 am 
Rabbit

Saturday Sep 14: Eat and Lift!
Just back from workout! I wanted to do some serious lifts but i'm quite disappointed by myself: I had hard times doing that 70kg squat clean and i stucked at 65kg with C&J.... My RM was 80kg in June. I have to go back in some strenght training!
    The complete workout was:
  • Warm-up: Rope-jump, 2x10 clapping push-ups and then stretches and joint mobility for hips and shoulders
  • Had "broomstick warm-up for clean and jerk" and then moved to an empty barrbell
  • Clean&Jerk: 7x1 (max load 65kg :()
  • Barrbell row: 2x13 @45kg
  • Military press: 1x11, 1x8 @36kg and 1x10 @35kg
  • Deadlift:2x16 @70kg
(ok , reading it now, i've actually sucked today xD)

It should have also been my cheat day so i bought some soy icecream to eat after workout but i couldn't allow myself to do that..... Man i hated it, it was frustrating: it was like that lack of motivations to put those fuckin 70kg over your head, or to get under this 80kg loaded barrbell. I've just told myself "If it makes you troubled, just don't do that: you will save the cheats for later. Now just focus on eating clean, eat balanced and eat more and go harder tomorrow". I have to come back from that, this summer has broke me! Then i will have all the icecream i want, with no troubles!
(anyway i had a little cheat in the morning, but it was disappointing to count the calories and see that it wasn't so cheaty xD...)

Edit: Doing some craps in kitchen can really lift your mood!
I made this curry with just tofu, a carrot and some soymilk to make it creamy, in the end i added some brown rice :)! Pretty tasty, and had 360kcal with 23g of protein :)
Image]Image
(i know it looks very crap D: )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 am 
Rabbit

Sunday Sep 15: Eat and lift!
Ooook! I just have made a very long and nice post but don't know why it got deleted xD! I'll write something again later xD

Training
  • Rope jump: 10min (im getting good at that!)
  • Stretches and legs warm up
  • Box-jump: 5x2 low-rest
  • Shoulder and core warm up: hold 30sec/rest 15sec, 5 sets of hollow rock + bridge up. Bar kip practice
  • Muscle up: 5x2, 3x3
  • Dip: 2x15
  • Weighted pull-up: 4x6 (i had to do 2x8-10)
  • Squat: 1x15, 1x16 60kg

And let's go to what i'm eating!
    • Meal 1 400kcal 27g pro
    • Oatmeal with soymilk, hemp powder, cinnamon and raisin
    • Meal 2 270kcal 25g pro
    • 1 scoop of rice protein with almond milk
    • Half ofb protein bar
    • Meal 3 340kcal 24g pro
    • Soy yogurt salad with cucumbers and celery (really refreshing, i'm going to make it for breakfast!)
    • Meal 4 380kcal 27g pro
    • Microwave cake-like-baked broccoli, spinach, avocado and nutritional yeast
    • Meal 5 240kcal 30g pro
    • Protein shake with almond milk
    • Meal 6 350kcal 28g pro
    • Meal 7 200kcal 30g pro
    • Proteine pudding and flaxseeds
    Total 2180kcal (191g protein)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 am 
Rabbit

Monday 16 Sep: Eat and Lift! - Back to school
Yes i'm back to school! Today the new semester is officially starting, the days are not yet full but in a copule of week it will be so.
It's also my first week on this forum and with this journal so i would like to thank anyone who gave me advices, who's reading my journal, who will read it and everyone else around :D !
Today is "rest day", I will have some cardio ( 1 and half hour of grappling and 1 hour of kick) in the evening, so i'm thinking about my results. It's 3 weeks i'm cutting and struggling with this diet and i've lost about 10-11 lbs (I'll weight my-self tomorrow and take pics, and it will be official even if i was little cheatty today xD), i accomplished some goals in training even though the schedule was not the best for a cutting diet, just for this I'm thinking whether is better to sit out for a copule of week right now or keep it for this last week to end a complete month (and then take a copule of week off anyway) before go into another cycle. I will train "free" (maybe bodyweight and calisthenics, or an ordinary split schedule) and give the body some time to release stress and adapt, keep the good habits of theese weeks and get back the best from the times before, that will hopefully give me the right mindsetting to struggle with the most important think that is find a diet that suit me.
Thank you again guys for being there, sharing my thoughts, my trainings, my meals with you helped me to look at everything more objectively. I hope and i will really try to make this journal much more enjoynable in the near future!
Se you later :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm 
Rabbit

Ok! I turned the autologin on because is the 2nd time a write a very long post and it got deleted when i click on submit cause i got logged out while writing xD. Anyway 2nd day at school destroyed me, but i managed to solve many problems even in my daily life. Also according to my scale i lost 11lbs in these 3 weeks of cutting and built 2.5kg of lean mass from last year :D. I'm raising slowly the calories to 2300 and increasing the training volume, hopefully it will lead me to eat more calories next week (aiming at 2500, and then to 3000 in october). I'm sorry if i'm brief but i really never stoped today, i was around all day and worked out in the evening.
    The workout consisted in (very summary):
  • General warmup, stretches and ropejump
  • Weighted pushup
  • Dip
  • Chin-up
  • Hang clean
  • Bulgarian squat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:38 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Rigelol! Your training grounds look awesome, I'd love to play around there! Log's looking good, you've got so much variety. I hope the first week of school is going swell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:23 pm 
VBB Moderator

what ingredients are in your protein pudding?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:04 am 
Rabbit

Thursday Sep 19: Eat and Lift!
Eat more lift more guys!
Is my first day off school this week, I had double breakfast shake, trained hard, and feel super!

Workout:
  • Rope jump: 10 min
  • Had this warm up for shoulders http://gymnasticswod.com/content/wed-0918 and sampson stretch for leg/ankle/hips mobility, then snatch warmup with broomstick and moved to:
  • 10' emom: Squat snatch + 3 overhead squat 30kg
  • Weighted pull-up: 2x8 clean reps (yeah!)
  • Military press: 2x12 38kg (actually was 1x10+2pushpress and 1x9+3pushpress, let's be honest xD)
  • Sandbag walking lunges: 2 sets of 50 steps
I will have lot of stretch this evening but i feel fuckin good!

Oh and this was my lunch: Spinach, kidney beans, toasted seeds with chili habanero pepper and limejuice. So tasty, i damn love beans!
365kcal and 21g of proteins just from beans and spinach (the proteins)!

Anyway, think i'm out with complete meal-log, it was stressing my ass off. I will keep calories count and post it, and post some pics of decent meals :D!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 am 
Manatee

I too get bored of logging calories. I now have a fair idea of how much is in what I eat on a day to day basis, but periodically go back to logging everything in myfitnesspal. It's a pain for both me and and my girlfriend as I'm always asking her what's in everything she cooks and how much it weighed.

My bands:
Extreme Noise Terror (hardcore punk)
Desecration (death metal)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next