Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello :)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm 
Finch

Hi everyone :) I have absolutely no idea what I'm here for .... It just 'feels' right. I'm struggling to go vegan/plant based. I'm almost there, but I keep giving in to coffee (with milk) and chocolate every time I feel stressed, which is a lot as I am mum to multiple food allergies and autism spectrum. Currently 8 kgs overweight and full of excuses. Just got a new gym membership and got a close friend who is raw vegan and bodybuilding. Looking to learn a lot from the forum, but I guess I am looking for a place to ask questions without fear or judgement :)

Post subject: Re: Hello :)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:08 pm 
Manatee

:D I love chocolate and coffee. I just eat vegan chocolate, soy creamer really doesn't taste much different in coffee then milk does.

Hi!

http://ravingrunner.com/

http://instagram.com/ravingrunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 am 
Manatee

Hi ashvalli, black coffee is fine, or you should try a few different soy milks, as for the chocolate, if you're a fan of dark chocolate, the 70%+ cocoa chocolates typically have no dairy in them
if i were you, i would probably spend my effort trying to follow a more wholesome diet, cutting out fast foods and junk foods, rather than feeling bad over a couple slips, i find that alot of people who have a more typical diet, with more processed, flavored foods tend to kind of screw up their taste buds, and find it much harder to get enjoyment from say, a salad, or wholemeal breads, vegetables etc, tastebuds can be re-written with a little persistance though

where abouts in aus are you from?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 am 
Rabbit

Hi! I just joined yesterday as well! If you are like me, stuff your cravings with fresh fruits and vegs, and you will no longer crave them. Instead, you will crave high nutritious foods :D
Worked for me and I hope it will for you too!

I was highly addicted to chocolate, pizza and bread and I never crave those anymore... But if you do, there are always vegan alternatives!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:33 am 
Finch

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I think I put so much pressure on myself to eat a perfect diet! Lucky I don't eat any takeaway or junk due to my daughters anaphylaxis. I just really like chocolate! Lol! Looking forward to going back to the gym this week after the kids have had colds.

My daughter is allergic to all nuts, sesame, pine nuts, banana!! And penicillin. Vegan is tough because of the no nuts or banana, and she is also wheat and casein free. She hates meat too, so that just leaves fruit, veg, rice, legumes and lentils :) trying my best!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 am 
Finch

I joined for the exact same reason, Ashvalli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm 
VBB Moderator

Have you tried including any seeds into your diet? Things like sunflower seed butter are great alternatives to nuts and have a lot of nutrients. Hemp, chia, and pumpkin seeds are also really good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm 
Finch

Thank you! Yes I eat lots of seeds, but I'm just too frightened to give them to my daughter, only because she is allergic to sesame seeds. I think il make up some little seed snack bags to keep in my handbag.