Get Ripped or Die Trying

Tuesday, September 4, 2013

Worked with trainer tonight, all upper body. Pretty decent workout that I am sure I will feel tomorrow. I kind of fell of the wagon taking the HMB supplement. I had to take 12 caps per day, which is ridiculous, and I always forgot. Plus, I kind of like feeling sore. Speaking of sore, my legs are screaming after Monday's training; especially inner thigh.

Here's the training, separated by sets:

Warm Up - 5 minutes treadmill walking, 5 minutes foam rolling on the legs.

1. Hammer Strength Incline Bench - 3 x 12 @ 130lbs

2. Incline Row - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs*

3. Reverse Curl to Shoulder Press - 3 x 12 @ 60lbs (w/ EZ Bar)

4. 3 for 3 Kettlebell Pushup to Rows - 3 x 8 @ 35lbs* (that's 3 pushups, hop in, three rows)

5. Bent Over Lateral Raise - 3 x 12 @ 20lbs*

6. Close Grip BB Bench - 3 x 12 @ 105lbs

7. Supinated Curls - 3 x 12 @ 30lbs*

(* Denotes each hand)

Came home and had some soup for dinner (corn chowder w/ potato; added some lentils for extra protein). Approx. an 1800 calorie day. Feels good to be back on the diet after a three day bender of beer and junk food. I gained four pounds over the weekend, but I am certain the majority of that is water. I tend to really hold on to water weight, which is really annoying. I felt kind of bloated all day, with a bit of a distended belly. Sometimes I wonder whether I will ever lose this tummy I have, or if it will always be there from a combination of my past obesity, and now my growing age. Any tips on dropping the belly fat without losing much strength would be awesome. I've considered going to the doc for bloodwork, and then possibly a nutritionist. Would a nutritionist be able to help much?

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry on the super delayed reply, somehow I missed your response from before. Thanks for asking, my training is going okay. New soccer season starts soon so I'm going to be working my legs and adding in a little cardio to prepare, so I don't passout on the field or ask for a sub 5 minutes in...

-Dylan

Sorry on the super delayed reply, somehow I missed your response from before. Thanks for asking, my training is going okay. New soccer season starts soon so I'm going to be working my legs and adding in a little cardio to prepare, so I don't passout on the field or ask for a sub 5 minutes in...

-Dylan

No worries man, I'm glad things are going well. I took a couple days off here to rest up, as I have been under a lot of stress lately, and probably overtraining/undereating. I played soccer from when I was 6 to 18; love the game. However, I seriously doubt I'd have the stamina to do a full 90. Is yours professional, for fun, college, or high school? I always played left side defender. What about you?

Friday, September 6, 2013:

CORE DAY!

Really though, who doesn't love core day? About an hour before training I treated myself to an awesome kale/spinach salad, with a ton of toppings like lentils, kidney beans, peas, carrots, peppadew peppers, olives, and such...

Core Circuit: Repeat twice.

0. Warmup: Jump Rope 5 minutes

1. Sit Up V Up x 20

2. Side Plank w/ Rotation x 15 each side

3. Pike on Stability Ball x 15

4. Incline Leg Raise x 12

5. Flutterkicks x 15

6. Decline Situp x 15 @ 25lbs

7. Jacknife x 15 @ 25 lbs

8. Side Bridge x 15 each side

9. Reverse Crunch x 15

Felt really tired after the first set - probably too much jumprope. I feel like I should add more cardio to my workouts. I also feel like I should maybe take a rest week; keep training, but lower weights/reps to get some active recovery in. I have been trying to walk to and from the train every day, which is about .6 mile total. That's not much, maybe 20 minutes in all, or less, but it is better than nothing I suppose. I'll hit it again tomorrow with upper body. Have a good weekend everyone!

Saturday, September 7, 2013:

Weekend Warrior Day

Slept in this morning (til 8:00), which was awesomely refreshing. Made it to the gym before 9:30, and found that there were only five barbell clips available. Apparently many of them either broke, or were stolen over the last month. Employee there said "we should have some in by next month." Dude, next month?!? It's only seven days into September!!! WTF. Also noticed the usual suspects of total morons and assclowns with bad attitudes were there today. I swear, one day when I am rich, I'll have my own gym. No ab crunch stations, no people dropping weights in front of signs that say DO NOT DROP WEIGHTS, no people doing shoulder press on a bench in the squat rack, no people doing only deadlifts in the squat rack, no people lifting too much weight for their level of advancement and looking like idiots.

Anyhow, enough of the complaining...

1. DB Bench - 3 x 12 @ 65lbs each hand

2. Overhead Press - 3 x 12 @ 55lbs

3. Assisted Pullup - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs assistance (so approx. 120lbs of weight lifted)

4. Front Raise (a/k/a Driving the Bus) - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs

5. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs (are these ever not the biggest bitch of all time?)

6. Side Lunge - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs

7. Decline Bench - 3 x 12 @ 105lbs

8. Assisted Dips - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs assistance (120lbs weight lifted)

Was going to add three sets of twelve of both Medicine Ball Slams and Standing Arnold Press, but felt like I have been pushing myself too hard lately; plus it was damn near 11:00am, and I don't want to spend my whole day off in the gym. Decline Bench felt pretty easy, probably could have added at least another ten pounds, maybe fifteen. I want to run through my mental catalogue of exercises and try not to repeat so much week by week.

Monday, September 9, 2013:

Mixed Bag Day - had a bit of time, so just picked some random stuff that came to mind, totally at random...

0. Warm Up - 3 Minutes Jump Rope

1. Stability Ball Pushup to Pike x 12

2. Triple Situp x 10

3. 3 for 3 (see previous post) x 8 @ 35lbs*

4. Standing Arnold Press x 12 @ 25lbs*

5. Hanging Leg Raise x 15

6. Standing Tricep Press x 12 @ 35lbs

- Rest 60 Seconds -

7. Repeat #1 x 12

8. Straight Leg Reverse Crunch x 15

9. Diamond Pushups x 20

10. Repeat #4 x 12

11. Repeat # 5 x 15

12. Pushup Plank x 60 seconds (Plank starting pushup position, hold 10 seconds, lower to finish pushup position, hold ten seconds, return to start, repeat)

13. Bruce Lee Curls x 12 @ 25lbs*

14. Hammer Curls x 12 @ 25lbs*

Felt pretty good at the end of this long circuit, though it was nothing special. I wanted to get one in today so I don't have to train Tues/Weds/Thurs. I feel like I crap out on my Thursday training by going for three consecutive days. Soup for dinner (Roasted Yellow Pepper Bisque from Veganomicon), and I'm freakin starving!

Here's the recipe: http://beetsandpetitesyrah.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/roasted-yellow-pepper-and-corn-bisque/

Also did some vegan cornbread on the side - ain't nothin wrong with cornbread!

Do any of you have the Veganomicon book? It's one of the best we've come across in our culinary travels.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013:

Lower Body Day... It's also hot as hell outside, which I absolutely despise. However, temperatures are only supposed to reach 64* on Thursday, which will be welcome, and well received. Worked with trainer today, who was upset about some test results for practice tests in attempting another certification for himself. Thus, I felt the circuit to be an act of vengeance.

1. Walking Lunge + Figure 8 + Knee Raise x 12 each leg

- Holding 15lb medicine ball above head, lunge forward, pass ball between legs, stand and drive opposite knee up, returning ball above head; repeat.

2. Reverse Lunge on Step with Knee Raise x 12 each leg @ 15lbs medicine ball

3. Side Lunges x 12 each leg @ 70lbs Kettlebells (brutal)

4. Deadlift x 15 @ 145lbs

5. Squat to Trunk Twist x 10 each side @ 45lb plate

6. Burpee to Box Jump x 15

7. Cone Jumps (about 3' apart, going for height) x 60 seconds

8. Mountain Climbers x 60 seconds

Rest 2 Minutes

Repeat.

I just know those side lunges are going to kill me tomorrow. I should probably get some walking in, but there is nothing worse than sweating in a fucking suit and tie. Fuck this weather. In a really shitty mood tonight too as I discovered a lump in my dog's neck. Probably just a swollen lymph node, maybe due to infection; or a cyst; or something else.... Hopefully not lymphoma. I really don't need another reason to lose faith in the universe. She's already had such a troubled medical past (one eye, blind, epilepsy), it just wouldn't be fair. Honestly, losing her will be like losing my first born, as she is my first dog as an adult (and the apple of my eye). Headed to the vet early Saturday morning. Ready for this week to be over, and for this heat to fuck off forever.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Core Day

Trainer bailed on me, so I was left to fend for myself at home. No matter, I cranked out a quick circuit of improvised core work, such as........

0. Warm Up - Jump Rope 2 minutes

1. Sit Up V-Up x 20

2. Side Plank w/ Rotation x 15*

3. Stability Ball Pike x 15

4. Stability Ball Crunches x 25

5. Hanging Knee Raise x 15

6. Burpees x 15

7. Floor Leg Raise x 15

8. Plank x 70 seconds

- Rest 60 Seconds -

9. Weighted Crunch x 15 @ 35lbs

10. Side Bends x 20 @ 35lbs*

11. Stability Ball Knee Drivers x 15

12. Stability Ball Crunches x 25

13. Hanging Knee Raise x 15

14. Butt - Up (start in plank position, drive the butt up into the air, return, repeat) x 15

15. Floor Leg Raise x 15

16. Plank x 70 seconds

Done. Honestly, I didn't feel like training today at all, but I thought I would get something in, even if only for about 30 minutes. I ate dinner (crunchy kale salad w/ lentils) while typing this out, so I can't provide a picture. I'm really ready for this week to be over, and the best part is that the temps are dropping rapidly! I've noticed that I get about 30 views per post so....

Who reads this thing anyhow?

It would be awesome if you said hello, and offer up some pointers if you have them!

Saturday, September 14, 2013:

Upper Body + Squat/Deadlift Day in Giant or Super Sets

1. Bench Press 3 x 15 @ 135lbs

2. Single Arm Row 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

3. Overhead Press 3 x 15 @ 50lbs

4. Squat 3 x 12 @ 225lbs

5. Wide Leg Deadlift 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

6. Decline Bench 3 x 12 @ 135lbs

7. Assisted Pullups 3 x 12 @ 40lbs assistance

8. Curls Circuit (Bruce Lee, Chin Dusters, Supinated) 3 x 12 @ 25lbs*

9. Standing Arnold Press 3 x 12 @ 25lbs*

Felt pretty good today, even though I ate more than usual last night. Lately I have been feeling hungrier and hungrier each day; kind of always hungry, actually. In fact, it has made me reassess my diet altogether, in that I think I should be eating more. What a concept, right? It's tough because after losing so much weight, I have this fear of gaining it all back again. But I guess if I keep training hard, it won't matter much anyhow. Came home from the gym and made this for lunch. It was amazingly good!

879742330_KalePlate.jpeg.eeaa5992ff9b6f3b915818f055fbdaa1.jpeg

Great workout and your lunch looks delish!

I too, find myself to be so much hungrier. I could eat all day! I also know the fear of gaining all the weight back again... I don't ever want to be that vulnerable again. We just have to make sure we take care of our bodies real well. Our fear of gaining the weight back could cause us to undereat... Your bigger dinner last night could have been just what your body needed!

Great workout and your lunch looks delish!

I too, find myself to be so much hungrier. I could eat all day! I also know the fear of gaining all the weight back again... I don't ever want to be that vulnerable again. We just have to make sure we take care of our bodies real well. Our fear of gaining the weight back could cause us to undereat... Your bigger dinner last night could have been just what your body needed!

Thanks! I've really been trying to add variety into my routines, though I do have some favorite exercises that I just can't seem to pass up. (See Overhead Press). That lunch was delicious, and so simple! If you are interested, the ingredients were: English peas, green beans, kale, whole garlic cloves (all steamed), and then added in some of these vine ripened tomatoes that I picked up at the farmers market. I actually didn't add anything else by way of spices.

It's funny you mention undereating, as that is what I have been doing for a long time, I believe. I've been restricting myself to approx. 1600 - 1800 calories per day, which is about 800 - 1000 calories below maintenance for me. Pretty sure my body has entered starvation mode, as my weight has leveled off, and I haven't been dropping any fat for a few months now. I suppose it is time to add more calories, but make sure they come from nutrient rich ingredients. I saw your post about stuffing yourself with fruits and veggies to satiate cravings, and thought it was spot on. The funny thing is that, even when I do crave chocolate, and indulge, I always end up craving fruit almost immediately thereafter. Just shows that our bodies know more (and better, apparently) than our brains. Thanks for posting!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013:

Worked with the trainer today, did a lot of complex exercises, and all compound movements. Can't really remember the names of them, or even if they had names. What was worse is that I crapped-out on the last five minutes of the session. I felt really queasy for some reason, and decided to throw in the towel. Took me about an hour to overcome once I got home. I hated having to quit, but at least it was in the last few minutes.

Some of the exercises we did were:

1. Squat - Curl - Shoulder Press - 2 x 15 @ 50lbs

2. Side Plank with Knee Driver - 2 x 20

3. Side Plank with Oblique Crunch - 2 x 20

4. V-Up with Feet on Stability Ball - 2 x 25 + 10lb medicine ball overhead

5. Good Mornings with Lateral Raise - 1 x 15 @ 25lbs (these were brutal, and irritated my rotator cuff so we only did one set)

6. Squat to Front Raise to Curl - 2 x 15 @ 40lbs

7. Wall Sit with Medicine Ball Front Raise & Toss - 1 x 15 @ 10lbs

8. Stability Ball Mountain Climbers - 1 x 15 each leg

It really annoys me that my body gave up on me, plus I'm not even sore today, so I wonder if I made any gains out of that session at all. It was nice, however, to learn some new exercises. I've always felt that was a huge benefit of training with someone. I think it would be cool to start a section of this forum that just lists exercises (sort of like exrx.net). We could section it by muscle group, and then maybe by type of exercise (aerobic, anaerobic). What do you think?

Came home and had some chili that I made the other day... I'll post the recipe when I have more time. I love chili.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013:

Leg Day - Training @ Home

0. Warm Up - 2 minutes jump rope (I really need to start doing something different for cardio)

1. Front Squats - 2 x 15 @ 70lbs

2. Side Lunge - 2 x 12 @ 70lbs

3. Stability Ball Leg Bridge - 2 x 20 @ Bodyweight

4. Angle Lunges - 2 x 12 @ 50lbs

5. Box Side Steps - 2 x 15 @ 50lbs

6. Walking Lunges - 2 x 24 @ 50lbs

7. Bulgarian Split Squats - 2 x 12 @ 50lbs

8. One Leg Dead Lift - 2 x 12 @ 35lbs

Honestly, the Bulgarian Split Squats are just murder. Is there anything more challenging( aside from maybe pistol squats)? Felt pretty good about this one today, but still a bit queasy during training. I'm pretty curious why I feel that way, as I am usually pretty up for the task (not a task, but an adventure!). Feels almost like heartburn + nausea; even though I make sure to eat at least an hour before training, and to drink water throughout. I'm sure it will pass in time.

Really looking forward to the weekend. Going out for vegan pizza, and some tasty craft beer. I was super pumped to step on the scale this Monday and find that, despite my indulgence last weekend, I didn't gain any weight. Perhaps that's because I've been eating a bit more overall, or that I've loosened my grip on my calorie restriction. Either way, I'll take the stagnancy over increase.

Thursday, September 19, 2013:

Full Body Day

0. Jump Rope - 2 minutes

1. Pullups - 2 x 12

2. Stability Ball Diamond Pushups - 2 x 15

3. SitUp Vup - 2 x 20

4. Stability Ball Pike - 2 x 12

5. Overhead Press on Stability Ball - 2 x 15 @ 50lbs

6. 5 For 5 - 2 x 6 (35 pushups + 35 rows each set)

7. Supinated Curls/Hammer Curls - 2 x 12 @ 50lbs

8. Overhead Tricep Press - 2 x 12 @ 35lbs

Trainer bailed on me again today (sick) so I just trained at home. I like flying solo, but sometimes I find that it is easier to give up mid-session if I find anything remotely nagging about the circuit. Felt pretty queasy again during training; almost like I stood up too fast, or that I'm a little hungover... Maybe that means dehydration? I wouldn't be surprised. Had the last of the chili I made on Sunday - probably nearing its end of life anyhow.

In addition to ordering a smattering of PS3 games (GTAV, Absolution, Black Ops II), I ordered this artisan vegan cheese book, which arrived today! http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Vegan-Cheese-Miyoko-Schinner/dp/1570672830 I am really REALLY excited to try some (all) of the recipes. I mean REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!!! I'm going to look like this: only with cheese. I'll be sure to post some pictures.

What do you people think about this development!?!?!?!??!

Regarding number 5, I think I have the wrong name for this... What I'm doing is, while laying on the ball (or bench), holding a dumbbell over my chest with a diamond grip, lower the weight behind my head, raise it back to the starting position... Anyone know the proper term for this exercise??

I like these workouts you've put together a lot. I'm going to give a couple of them a shot, modify the weights a bit though.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice dude! What an awesome compliment! I really have to give it to my trainer for building my exercise vocabulary, as it were. I'd say that is the main justification for the expense, at least for me. I bet he has taught me enough to do a couple months of training without ever repeating an exercise. I like to do circuit training because I feel like it keeps things short, and the intensity high.

When you say modify the weights, do you mean heavier, or lighter? I wish I could go heavier, but I guess I'm not being patient enough.

Thanks Dylan, for commenting.

Chris

Saturday, September 21, 2013:

Full Body Day

1. DB Bench - 3 x 12 @ 140/130/130lbs

2. Bent Over Row - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

3. Front Raise - 3 x 12 @ 15.5lbs

4. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 225lbs

5. Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 135lbs

6. Assisted Pullups - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs assistance

7. Decline Bench - 3 x 12 @ 135lbs

8. Mecidine Ball Side Slams - 2 x 10 @ 12lbs

9. Mecidine Ball Plank - 2 x 60 seconds

I love Saturday lifting. I get to take my time, there are relatively few idiots in the gym going military press/bodyweight squats in the squat rack (who the F started this trend?). Plus, I try to do heavier weights and more sets than during the week because I know that I'll indulge in a few beers tonight. Good news is that, despite increasing my caloric intake, I have maintained my weight (or even lost another pound this week). I need to get a better assessment on my bodyfat%. Really though, I have changed my goals to just seeing more muscle development. Caught a segment on the news that was talking about obesity epidemic, and other NCD's (non-communicable diseases) like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease etc. It was both great to see a news program advocating the consumption of more fruits and vegetables, but equally annoying to not hear the words "a vegan lifestyle is the best health decision you can make. Stop being afraid, or unreasonably biased, and give it a try. It is NOT "hard" like you think." I can't wait until it is entirely commonplace. Not only for my sanity, and for the health of others, but also for the animals.

Came home and made this awesome lunch, which I call "Standing Indian Chili." What do you think?

1830265305_StandingIndianChili.jpeg.33521aff072daa4e9c5b1e488c539693.jpeg

Tuesday, September 24, 2013:

Upper Body Day

Trained with trainer, who gave me a nice workout, as follows:

1. Decline Bench - 4 x 10 @ 165lbs

2. Bent Over Row - 4 x 10 @ 65lbs

3. Assisted Pullup - 4 x 12 @ 30lbs assistance

4. Dips - 4 x 12 @ bodyweight

5. Burpee to Front Raise - 4 x 10 @ 50lbs

6. TRX Tricep Extension - 4 x 12 @ bodyweight

7. Incline Supinated Curls - 4 x 12 @ 40lbs

Felt great to get back in with the trainer today, and like a lifetime since I had been to the gym (except that my last time there was Saturday). I ordered some suspension trainer bands (not TRX - too expensive), so I am excited to incorporate those into my home-gym training. I have yet to jump into the vegan cheese book (no rejuvelac on hand, too busy to make some at home), but I did go as far as to buy some nutritional yeast which tastes freaking AWESOME on basically anything, including the air in my mouth. I also picked up some pitted dates to try out as a pre-workout snack (along with my standard apple). They are so good though, and satiate that need for sweets that I believe is just part of my personal heritage that I hope I don't overindulge (can't have just one!).

I also picked up a couple extra pounds over the weekend, but am down at least one as of today. Looking forward to dieting those away since I'll be on a trip to Madison, WI this weekend for my birthday. Anyone reading this from there? Maybe you have some tips? Definitely headed to New Glarus to pick up some of their ridiculously delicious beer. I'm excited!

Had some leftover Southwest Veggie Soup for dinner.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013:

Core Day

Pre/Wo: Six dates, half an apple

Trained at home and did the following circuit:

0. Jump Rope - 3 minutes

(repeat the following twice)

1. Triple Situps x 10

2. Side Plank w/ Knee Jacks x 15

3. Stability Ball Crunches x 50

4. Mountain Climbers x 20*

5. Stability Ball Knee Drivers x 15

6. Hanging Knee Raise x 15

7. Side Bends x 20 @ 35lbs

8. Flutter Kicks x 15*

Tunes - Red Hot Chili Peppers - BloodSugarSexMagic

Felt pretty good today. Loved listening to old RHCP while training; man did they rock in the 90's. Had a spinach/kale/edemame/carrot/peas salad, and a couple more dates (see above post re: dates). All in all, a good day!

Thursday, September 26, 2013:

Lower Body Day

Worked with the trainer today, and did...

1. Deadlift - 3 x 15 @ 165lbs

2. DB Squats on Stability Ball Against Wall 4 Count Down, 2 Count Up - 3 x 15 @ 100lbs

3. Single Leg Squat to Power Jump - 3 x 12* @ Bodyweight

4. Single Leg Table Tops - 3 x 12* @ Bodyweight

5. Single Leg Triple Toe Touch - 3 x 7* @ Bodyweight

6. Goblet Squat - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

Did a lot of balance work today, which was nice. It's amazing how some exercises can be so simple, and look so easy, but hit really hard once performed. If you are curious as to what #'s 4 and 5 involve, let me know and I'll try to describe. They were tough! Came home and had a kale/spinach salad again. I'm getting boring!

Super SUPER excited for my trip on Saturday... So excited that I don't even feel bad about not training for a couple days. It will be good to get some rest, and reset my metabolism (that's code for saying "I'm not going to do shit, but eat and drink a lot.")

Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Sunday, September 29, 2013:

Birthday Workout!

Despite being pretty hungover, I forced myself into the hotel gym, which I found somewhat adequate to knock out a quick set (giant sets, to boot):

1. Incline Bench - 3 x 12 @ 100lbs

2. Bench Supported Row - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

3. Overhead Press - 3 x 15 @ 50lbs

4. Bulgarian Split Squats - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

5. Single Leg Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 40lbs

6. DB Front Squats - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

7. Lat Pulldown - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

8. Standing Arnold Press - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

Did this workout without gloves, which really tore my hands up as the hotel's dumbbells were basically brand new (or never used). Had a great trip, but drank too much beer, and ate too much delicious food. But hey, that's what vacations are for, no?

Also, thoroughly enjoyed the Breaking Bad finale! What an awesome show!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013:

Full Body Timed Circuit Day

Worked with trainer today, and did a pretty tough set. Here's what I can remember:

Note: All exercises done for time, all for 60 seconds, 45 second rest at end of circuit. Repeat twice.

1. Traverse Step with Kettlebell Swing

2. Pushup Plus (4 count down, squeeze shoulders, 2 count up, squeeze serratus)

3. Team Situps with 12lb Medicine Ball

4. Renegade Row with In & Out @ 20lbs*

5. Box Step with Knee Balance and Shoulder Raise @ 30lbs

6. Nose Dive Pushup

7. Kettlebell Lunge @ 35lbs

8. High Knees Knee Drivers

9. Sumo Squat to Medicine Ball Slam @ 15lbs

This really kicked my ass, especially after a weekend full of drinking, and eating whatever I felt like. Pretty annoyed that I gained approximately six pounds over just a few days. Although it is probably just water weight, I'm getting tired of gaining and losing the same 4-6 pounds each week. Really need to take a break from turning a cheat meal into a cheat weekend, and abstain from boozing for a few weeks. Not easily done, not at all, especially since I really love beer.

Suspension trainers arrived today, and there is no way they can be installed on a door without doing serious damage. That's a pretty big bummer, but I'll try to hook them up to my pullup bar; and that's not that great of an option since the room that thing is hooked up to is rather small. I'll make it work!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013:

Core Day + Fun w/ Suspension Trainers!

I take back what I said about these suspension trainers - they are sweeet!

Here's a Core Focused HIIT Circuit I did today:

Repeat Twice, Rest 2 minutes between rounds

1. Sit Up V up x 20

2. Jump Rope 60 Seconds

3. Suspension Side Knee Drivers x 20*

4. Jump Rope 60 Seconds

5. Floor Leg Raise x 15

6. Jump Rope 60 Seconds

7. Weighted Crunch / Jacknife x 15 @ 35lbs

8. Jump Rope 60 Seconds

9. Suspension Front Knee Drivers x 20

10. Jump Rope 60 Seconds

11. Butt Ups x 15

12. Jump Rope 60 Seconds

And then just because I couldn't help myself:

13. Suspension Tricep Extension x 12

14. Suspension Iron Cross x 12

15. Suspension Rows x 12

16. Suspension Curls x 12

This one really kicked my ass, especially with all of the jump rope. I left puddles of sweat all over the place - I need to mop! Soups on for dinner, but not until I cool down - feeling a bit queasy at the moment

Considering buying a fitbit - are those still under Nike? Will never buy anything Nike after the continued to sponsor that assclown Michael Vick. Anyone have experience with fitbits, if they are not by Nike?

The birthday workout made me laugh a little, I remember college and playing ball the next morning after a late night of drinking and everyone sweating out boozes you could smell it across the court.

Dude, that's awesome. A few weeks ago I was at the gym complaining of how I could smell booze coming off of someone nearby... Turns out it was me.