Looking for help in creating a meal plan

Hello,

Recently, I have made the decision to switch to a whole foods plant based diet. However, I am still new and there are alot of things I don't know.

For example, for an animal based plan I know that protein is high quality meat, and egg whites. But for plant based I"m not sure.

One of my favorite programs is the Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer on bodybuilding.com. The stipulation is; high protein, low carbs, no fats except for the natural fats. Even though the program says no fruit, I think I am going to include a little bit of fruit because I want to drink several glasses of green smoothies a day and eat at least 6 meals a day. I also think I want to include peanut butter or almond butter for my natural fats but I don't know.

This is the program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

If you could help me figure things out so I can go to the store and buy what I need. That would be great. This is all confusing to me. And what makes it difficult is that I'm on a very low fixed income which is less than $130 a month.

Thank you for taking the time to help this newbie to Vegetarian out. My goal is to lose weight....lots of weight. I've 25 pounds on this program but it was an animal based plan. BUt...like I said I feel strongly about changing to a plant based.

Thanks

I really don't think it would be that hard to adapt his plan to vegan alternative. All though it will be just as boring as his plan. You will also need to take the food changes and break them down to fit your own personal calorie, (ect) needs.. but you would have to do that with his plan to. Myfitnesspal or mynetdiary any program like that can make it simpler.

Just swap the meats out for vegan proteins. It might mean you may need to swap his carb and protein option for vegan option in a larger amount. Because some vegan proteins will already have carbs. For example the mung beans. It's a high protein & carb option in one.

Personally I would use a vegan protein powder, soy proteins and mung beans.