Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who takes Vega?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:58 pm 
Finch

I need to get some Vega One and some more protein powder but was looking at the protein bars. Would they be a good choice for a quick grab snack or when I'm traveling or are they really just designed for post workout recovery?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm 
Rabbit

Bars are best for snacks and between meals. Post-workout you want a more isolated protein, that digests quicker than a solid bar, like a shake.

Here is a sweet testimonial of one of my clients who swears by Brendan Brazier's Thrive and Vega:
http://www.billyprusinowski.blogspot.co ... ining.html

She's looks G-G-G-RRRRRRRRRRRREAT too!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome!

Go Vega Team!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm 
Rabbit

I take almost all of the Vega Sport products and also use the Vega One nutritional shake. I read his book and have had great luck with their products supporting my training needs. BugsB, I snack on the protein bars all the time! I train 6 days a week, 2 hours a day and need the extra nutrition to keep up my recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 pm 
Rabbit

Anyone do anything special with their protein powders? Recently what I've been doing with the Sunwarrior protein is one scoop of chocolate and vanilla (1ea), a spoonful of peanut butter, a frozen banana, and almond milk and making a morning smoothie with all that. It's really good tasting but drinking it every morning does get a bit old (and time consuming when you have a shitty blender).

I use vega too, and think it'd be great to somehow fit it into something with a little extra nutrients... all the flavors taste gross to me in water by the way, but I love putting them in almond milk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm 
Manatee

Well,
Here in Brazil 1L(0.2 gallons) of almond milk is as expensive as 60L(15 gallons) of water or 5L(1.3 gallon) of soy milk.
You are a lucky guy to have this available =) Sometimes I make my own almond milk, but it is way too time consuming.

My current protein powder is some industrial soy isolate made of non GMO soy beans. It is flavorless, just plain soy protein isolate. Man this stuff is nasty! It gets the job done but it is like taking medicine. I tried to make it taste better in a lot of different ways and the only good combination I could make so far was to mix it with bananas, pure cocoa powder, water and a tiny little bit of brown sugar if the bananas aren't tasting so sweet.

Man, I dream the day I could afford to use only Vega supplements, I got some samples from veganproteins.com and I think Vega tastes great with cold water, but I'm used to this nasty soy isolate. Not complaining about the price, Vega has a fair price, but customs almost triple the price.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 pm 
Rabbit

maybenot wrote:
Well,
Here in Brazil 1L(0.2 gallons) of almond milk is as expensive as 60L(15 gallons) of water or 5L(1.3 gallon) of soy milk.
You are a lucky guy to have this available =) Sometimes I make my own almond milk, but it is way too time consuming.

You're right, I feel very lucky to live in a part of the world where both vegan supplements and things like Almond Milk are very cheap to acquire.

Quote:
My current protein powder is some industrial soy isolate made of non GMO soy beans. It is flavorless, just plain soy protein isolate. Man this stuff is nasty! It gets the job done but it is like taking medicine. I tried to make it taste better in a lot of different ways and the only good combination I could make so far was to mix it with bananas, pure cocoa powder, water and a tiny little bit of brown sugar if the bananas aren't tasting so sweet.

It can't be any worse than the post-workout creatine I started taking! It is supposed to be blue raspberry flavored, but tastes like liquid cotton candy and cough medicine. I have to hold my nose when I drink the 8oz.

On a side note, what is really tasty is if you take a vega protein bar and dip each bite in all natural crunchy peanut butter. Mmm. Being a vegan is tasty. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:52 pm 
Manatee

I ran out of vega so I've been putting more ice less almond milk in my blender with a pear, berries, chocolate sun warrior and hella peanut butter. sooo good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm 
Rabbit

I go through a tub of vega sport performance protein chocolate every week. I love that stuff!

My goal is to become the biggest and best natural bodybuilder of all time, and I'm gonna do it vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:07 am 
Manatee

I wish Vega was for sale anywhere in the UK. For now I use MyProtein's Vegan Blend.

My bands:
Extreme Noise Terror (hardcore punk)
Desecration (death metal)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm 
Rabbit

AndiMorris wrote:
I wish Vega was for sale anywhere in the UK. For now I use MyProtein's Vegan Blend.

Check this out man http://www.insideorganics.co.uk/default ... /vega.html ;)!
I personally make orders here, is not uk... but still europe http://www.forceultranature.com/index.cfm
Hope i helped,
cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 am 
Rabbit

Hey there!
Just a little question, i hope someone can help me :D. I'm buying my first tub of vega performance protein, I can't decide between vanilla and berries: wich do you think has the best flavour :D? I've always consumed vegaone in chocolate and i love it, i love vanilla too in general but i never tried berries protein powder, i'm really courios. Is vega berry flavour tasty?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:47 am 
Manatee

Can't help you with the Berry Flavour, but the Vanilla Flavor has a strong and sweet Vanilla taste. It's not the fake vanilla taste of other supplements, it really tastes like vanilla. =)
If you order through veganproteins.com you can ask for a free sample along with your order so you can try the other flavors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm 
Finch

LOVE the Vega Sport recovery in Apple-Berry.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:47 pm 
Finch

I just bought the Performance Protein in vanilla and I'm glad I did. It tastes good and doesn't have a weird "earthy" flavor a lot of other plant-based proteins have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next