Breast Implants

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
veggieprincess
Elephant
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Orange County
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#31 Postby veggieprincess » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 am

Marcina wrote:
MollyMormon wrote:
Marcina wrote:I like my boobs just the way they are. They may be small but they're the same size, round, perky, and nice proportion to my ass.


That's great. Now have 3 kids and breastfeed for 5 years. The implants start looking really good after that. Can you say flap jack titties?


I don't plan on having children.

Btw, I know you were being sarcastic/joking around but that post was kinda rude..



My first post around here in AGES!

Marcina.... I don't think that Molly was trying to be rude when she posted that... she is a big sweetheart and I get EXACTLY what she means.

After you have kids and the body you once knew and felt great about suddenly starts to change.... it can be devestating to your self-esteem.

I was SOOOOO against ANY form of plastic surgery before I had a child. But I was very LUCKY, because up until then, nothing had changed. But when overnight you watch something that you were proud of and made you feel sexy and feminine change that drastically... there's nothing wrong with wanting to have that feeling of confidence and sexiness that no amount of fitness... no amount of exercise or dieting can help you with.

I am still against surgery such as liposuction, because I feel that it is a shortcut... and your robbing yourself of the confidence and self esteem you get from acheiving your body by training and dieting your ASS OFF (litterally.... LOL)

But if its something you can't change on your own... something that is effecting your self esteem and femininity and sexutality and can make a women feel more comfortable in her own skin... confident about what she looks like naked.... and just overall more confident, it's not anyone's place to judge her decision to make that happen for herself.
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4X4

Re: Breast Implants

#32 Postby 4X4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

vivalasvegans wrote:What opinions do people here have of them? Sexy, weird to grope, beautiful, dangerous? Does it matter at all to you?
I was in a 5 month relationship with my best friend who has implants. We were friends for 4 years prior to that. Her implants are under the muscle. I would have never had known she had them if she hadn't told me. They are sexy, beautiful, look and feel natural.

Sjohnson
Finch
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: Breast Implants

#33 Postby Sjohnson » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:33 pm

I think it depends on why you're doing it. If it is to make you feel better about yourself, then fine. It's your body do what you want with it. It's really no one's business. When it's done to please someone else, that's not cool. All I can say is do your research !! Make sure you know what your getting yourself into and get at least 2-3 opinions (professional opinions I mean.) Talk to people who've had it done, find out what problems they've had, if any.

Cheers
Sam

ecoterrestrial
Finch
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Breast Implants

#34 Postby ecoterrestrial » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Some great opinions here in regards to implant. Interestingly not many addressed the fact that implant research use animal testing and some implants may have animal ingredients in them. I may be wrong but I though vegan's were exactly that for health AND the cessation of suffering to innocent creatures?

I have a number of friends interested in this subject, as I am too.

User avatar
beforewisdom
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#35 Postby beforewisdom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 pm

The roads I drive on are likely made with bits of animals. Rather than walking on the grass to get where I need to go for the rest of my life I would rather used the roads to make a better life and a better world. It is much more practical for accomplishing something for animals to devote volunteer time to ending animal testing than to live in a grass hut to successfully boycott every product what was involved with animal suffering.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

User avatar
beforewisdom
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#36 Postby beforewisdom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:31 pm

vivalasvegans wrote:What opinions do people here have of them? Sexy, weird to grope, beautiful, dangerous? Does it matter at all to you?


If it doesn't hurt a woman's health, she has the cash, and she doesn't look like she is wearing a life preserver more power to her. As long as she is happy.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

ecoterrestrial
Finch
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Breast Implants

#37 Postby ecoterrestrial » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:41 pm

beforewisdom wrote:The roads I drive on are likely made with bits of animals. Rather than walking on the grass to get where I need to go for the rest of my life I would rather used the roads to make a better life and a better world. It is much more practical for accomplishing something for animals to devote volunteer time to ending animal testing than to live in a grass hut to successfully boycott every product what was involved with animal suffering.


There is a big difference from needing to transport ones self and getting plastic surgery for beautification. Animals suffer no matter what we do but to make them suffer for ego/beauty is a necessary evil?

User avatar
beforewisdom
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#38 Postby beforewisdom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 pm

I think the only thing that will ever end animal testing is activism pushing for the development of better methods of safety testing.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

User avatar
Marcina
Elephant
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: BC Canada
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#39 Postby Marcina » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm

If animals die and suffer just so that you can feel "sexy" and "beautiful" it's not vegan, and it certainly isn't worth it. If you can find vegan implants that haven't been tested on animals, go for it.. But I would rather not have an unnecessary surgery like that.. After all, isn't the anesthetic tested on animals too?

Edit: A lot of people complain about how having kids wrecks your body... It may do so.. But for those who are unable to have children, it would be worth it to them. Just be thankful you're able to have healthy children at all.. Because there are many of us out there who can't. :(

SeaSiren
Elephant
Posts: 2650
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm

Re: Breast Implants

#40 Postby SeaSiren » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:38 pm

I just had a friend have it done who had a full mastectomy ...... it meant the world to her to somehow feel whole again.

User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: Breast Implants

#41 Postby Vegan Joe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:44 pm

I have only one problem with this, and that's getting my hand on a pair. :D

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

User avatar
Fallen_Horse
Elephant
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#42 Postby Fallen_Horse » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:34 pm

ecoterrestrial wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:The roads I drive on are likely made with bits of animals. Rather than walking on the grass to get where I need to go for the rest of my life I would rather used the roads to make a better life and a better world. It is much more practical for accomplishing something for animals to devote volunteer time to ending animal testing than to live in a grass hut to successfully boycott every product what was involved with animal suffering.


There is a big difference from needing to transport ones self and getting plastic surgery for beautification. Animals suffer no matter what we do but to make them suffer for ego/beauty is a necessary evil?


Unfortunately you can take this argument and apply it everywhere. Should we not ride rollercoasters because the effect of g-forces has been tested on animals? Should we not take mountain hikes because our presence could harm local flora/fauna?

Naturally you want to know what is in an implant to determine if it's vegan. As for the animal testing, I don't think that's nearly as much of an issue (with regards to implants)....
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

Theresaann
Rabbit
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Re: Breast Implants

#43 Postby Theresaann » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:08 pm

"I have only one problem with this, and that's getting my hand on a pair" veganjoe-HEElarious :lol:

I go back and forth on this. But you rational people who are pointing out that there ARE potential health problems related to these...make me think. I'm almost 45, have lost a lot of bodyfat in the last 10 months (butt looks amazing, up top, not so much), and I nursed my two kids for 7 years straight between them. My youngest is almost 13 now, and I usually find wearing a bra relatively distasteful, so...you can imagine whats hanging on my thoracic region....

hmm....I would LOVE to look as hot on top as I feel on the bottom...but, this surgery just feels so DRASTIC to me. But almost every woman I've heard about it says they are happy they did it. I don't know...in the end it just has to be for me, and if I'm happy either way, then I'm happy. End of discussion. OM AH HUM!

KatSpain6
Finch
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Breast Implants

#44 Postby KatSpain6 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Some women have severely asymmetrical breasts and cosmetic surgery can greatly improve their confidence.
Even if they don't have a physical deformity if implants would help their confidence and happiness it shouldn't matter that others might consider as vanity :wink:
I see no problem with it whatsoever.

User avatar
Cellar Yeti
Gorilla
Posts: 964
Age: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: Idyllwild, CA

Re: Breast Implants

#45 Postby Cellar Yeti » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

Whatever floats your boat. However, i always prefer when people are true themselves, whether it be clothing, makeup, or cosmetic surgery. Women suffer a great deal of pressure in this society (as do me but that is another topic) and i would rather see an unbending lady with petite asymmetrical boobies with thrift store clothes and sparse makeup who truly loves herself.

But i mean, if you dig that then that is your perogative. Especially if there is an underlying medical reason.
Live cautiously to make it safely to death


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests