Weight is going up but so is fat %

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Badgerman
Rabbit

Weight is going up but so is fat %

#1 Postby Badgerman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi,

I need a bit of assistance, my typical diet plan is below. Since doing a juice fast an dropping to 10 st 13lbs, I am now back up to 12st dead. I was at 13% body fat but I have noticed this has crept up to 15.5% and the little belly is coming back also. Any guidance would be appreciated, the obvious thing is the fat but all the fats I am eating are really healthy ones so I am not sure this is the thing that needs changing. Believe it or not my nutritional knowledge is very good but you just can't see the wood for the trees when it is yourself who is in question.

I eat mostly raw vegan with a little occasional cheese (normally unpaturised) and maybe 5 cooked meals a week. More in the winter months though.

Meal 1
Protein Shake - Hemp
Morning Smoothie - Chlorella, Hemp Milk, Maca, Flax Oil
Oats

Meal 2
6 Brazil Nuts
10 Almonds
1 Apple

Meal 3
1 Soya Sausage
Courgette (Zuchini to those not in the UK)
Mushrooms
Tomato
Broccoli
Sprouted Lentils
Pad Thai Sauce (sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, honey)

Meal 4
Homemade Protein Bar (nuts, dates, hemp protein, buckwheat, raisins) 20g protein per bar
1 Plum

Meal 5
2 Slice of Sourdough Bread
Slow roasted Vegetables, onion, courgette, tomato,

Meal 6
1 Piece Raw Chocolate
2 Rice Cakes with peanut butter

Energy Calories: 3458
Protein: 142.9 g
Carbs: 424.8 g
Fat: 136.2 g

muchidna
Manatee

Re: Weight is going up but so is fat %

#2 Postby muchidna » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 pm

if you're bulking it's natural to gain fat aswell as muscle
3500 calories doesnt sound like maintenance or cutting calories to me, that depends on your weight though

i also have a weird problem kinda related to this, my weight is staying the same, but according to my body fat scales, my body fat % is going up, i'm just guessing the scales are wrong & will be upping my calories soon

Badgerman
Rabbit

#3 Postby Badgerman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:24 pm

I am bulking but wanted to do so without gaining fat. These scales can be out like you say but mine is a visual recognition as well so mine are likely to be right.

The PhytoAthlete
Manatee

#4 Postby The PhytoAthlete » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 am

Fasting can be good for your body and your long term health because it gives your body time to heal itself. But it really shouldn't be used as a way to lose weight(not sure if that was your intent). Fasting will slow down the body's metabolism so after a fast you have to be very careful with your diet and may have to consume less calories than you were prior to the fast.

It is hard to say what your calorie intake should be without knowing your weight and physical activity, but if you are gaining fat then it sounds like it may be too high.

Badgerman
Rabbit

#5 Postby Badgerman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi,

My fast was for a detox and healing process not weight loss.

I am now 12 stone or roughly 75kg's, I am doing 5x5 4 times per week. My aim is to gain lean muscle but I only want a cover model look so not too big. Maybe at 12 and a half stone or 13 tops.

landsleaving
Rabbit

#6 Postby landsleaving » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 am

Are you getting stronger?
http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36036&start=30 - my log
“Just remember, somewhere, a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max.” – Jim Conroy

GianKarlo
Finch

#7 Postby GianKarlo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 am

There are lots of little changes you can make — in your food plan and daily routine — that will add up to a lot of weight loss over the long haul. Cool sources!

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”