Breast Implants

vivalasvegans

• 1 month later...

G'Day,

I have been meaning to join this forum for a while and this topic is the reason I took the plunge finally.

Just wondering if anyone has considered if implants are actually 'vegan' in their makeup?

I am told that animals are tested upon by many companies that produce implants, such as the LD50 tests (Lethal Dose 50).

So, I am guessing that makes breast implants anti-vegan?

Looking forward to peoples thoughts on this matter.

I like my boobs just the way they are. They may be small but they're the same size, round, perky, and nice proportion to my ass.

That's great. Now have 3 kids and breastfeed for 5 years. The implants start looking really good after that. Can you say flap jack titties?

I don't plan on having children.

Btw, I know you were being sarcastic/joking around but that post was kinda rude..

My first post around here in AGES!

Marcina.... I don't think that Molly was trying to be rude when she posted that... she is a big sweetheart and I get EXACTLY what she means.

After you have kids and the body you once knew and felt great about suddenly starts to change.... it can be devestating to your self-esteem.

I was SOOOOO against ANY form of plastic surgery before I had a child. But I was very LUCKY, because up until then, nothing had changed. But when overnight you watch something that you were proud of and made you feel sexy and feminine change that drastically... there's nothing wrong with wanting to have that feeling of confidence and sexiness that no amount of fitness... no amount of exercise or dieting can help you with.

I am still against surgery such as liposuction, because I feel that it is a shortcut... and your robbing yourself of the confidence and self esteem you get from acheiving your body by training and dieting your ASS OFF (litterally.... LOL)

But if its something you can't change on your own... something that is effecting your self esteem and femininity and sexutality and can make a women feel more comfortable in her own skin... confident about what she looks like naked.... and just overall more confident, it's not anyone's place to judge her decision to make that happen for herself.

What opinions do people here have of them? Sexy, weird to grope, beautiful, dangerous? Does it matter at all to you?
I was in a 5 month relationship with my best friend who has implants. We were friends for 4 years prior to that. Her implants are under the muscle. I would have never had known she had them if she hadn't told me. They are sexy, beautiful, look and feel natural.

• 2 months later...

I think it depends on why you're doing it. If it is to make you feel better about yourself, then fine. It's your body do what you want with it. It's really no one's business. When it's done to please someone else, that's not cool. All I can say is do your research !! Make sure you know what your getting yourself into and get at least 2-3 opinions (professional opinions I mean.) Talk to people who've had it done, find out what problems they've had, if any.

Cheers

Sam

Some great opinions here in regards to implant. Interestingly not many addressed the fact that implant research use animal testing and some implants may have animal ingredients in them. I may be wrong but I though vegan's were exactly that for health AND the cessation of suffering to innocent creatures?

I have a number of friends interested in this subject, as I am too.

The roads I drive on are likely made with bits of animals. Rather than walking on the grass to get where I need to go for the rest of my life I would rather used the roads to make a better life and a better world. It is much more practical for accomplishing something for animals to devote volunteer time to ending animal testing than to live in a grass hut to successfully boycott every product what was involved with animal suffering.

The roads I drive on are likely made with bits of animals. Rather than walking on the grass to get where I need to go for the rest of my life I would rather used the roads to make a better life and a better world. It is much more practical for accomplishing something for animals to devote volunteer time to ending animal testing than to live in a grass hut to successfully boycott every product what was involved with animal suffering.

There is a big difference from needing to transport ones self and getting plastic surgery for beautification. Animals suffer no matter what we do but to make them suffer for ego/beauty is a necessary evil?

If animals die and suffer just so that you can feel "sexy" and "beautiful" it's not vegan, and it certainly isn't worth it. If you can find vegan implants that haven't been tested on animals, go for it.. But I would rather not have an unnecessary surgery like that.. After all, isn't the anesthetic tested on animals too?

Edit: A lot of people complain about how having kids wrecks your body... It may do so.. But for those who are unable to have children, it would be worth it to them. Just be thankful you're able to have healthy children at all.. Because there are many of us out there who can't.

There is a big difference from needing to transport ones self and getting plastic surgery for beautification. Animals suffer no matter what we do but to make them suffer for ego/beauty is a necessary evil?

Unfortunately you can take this argument and apply it everywhere. Should we not ride rollercoasters because the effect of g-forces has been tested on animals? Should we not take mountain hikes because our presence could harm local flora/fauna?

Naturally you want to know what is in an implant to determine if it's vegan. As for the animal testing, I don't think that's nearly as much of an issue (with regards to implants)....

• 2 weeks later...

"I have only one problem with this, and that's getting my hand on a pair" veganjoe-HEElarious

I go back and forth on this. But you rational people who are pointing out that there ARE potential health problems related to these...make me think. I'm almost 45, have lost a lot of bodyfat in the last 10 months (butt looks amazing, up top, not so much), and I nursed my two kids for 7 years straight between them. My youngest is almost 13 now, and I usually find wearing a bra relatively distasteful, so...you can imagine whats hanging on my thoracic region....

hmm....I would LOVE to look as hot on top as I feel on the bottom...but, this surgery just feels so DRASTIC to me. But almost every woman I've heard about it says they are happy they did it. I don't know...in the end it just has to be for me, and if I'm happy either way, then I'm happy. End of discussion. OM AH HUM!

• 4 years later...

Some women have severely asymmetrical breasts and cosmetic surgery can greatly improve their confidence.

Even if they don't have a physical deformity if implants would help their confidence and happiness it shouldn't matter that others might consider as vanity

I see no problem with it whatsoever.

Whatever floats your boat. However, i always prefer when people are true themselves, whether it be clothing, makeup, or cosmetic surgery. Women suffer a great deal of pressure in this society (as do me but that is another topic) and i would rather see an unbending lady with petite asymmetrical boobies with thrift store clothes and sparse makeup who truly loves herself.

But i mean, if you dig that then that is your perogative. Especially if there is an underlying medical reason.