Hi Everyone! Greetings from Chicago

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

drbro1228
Rabbit

Hi Everyone! Greetings from Chicago

#1 Postby drbro1228 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 pm

I've been lurking these forums for too long, and decided it's about time I introduce myself.

My name is Cody. I'm 22 years old, live near Chicago, and currently attend Western Illinois University studying History. I found this website about a year ago through a friend who was trying out the vegan fitness lifestyle. At this point I was just getting into weight lifting and other physical activities, and like most people in my situation, I was eating large amount of animal products and chugging powdered whey protein. My friend suggested being vegan and showed me this website. I slowly educated myself and decided to change my habits, so last summer I decided to try out the vegan lifestyle. I never intended to stick with it; It was more like an experiment at the time. Soon I realized how much I liked all the changes and decided to continue my journey. To this day I'm mostly plant-based(I have a donut problem), and I really enjoy the decisions I've made.

Everyone in this community seems really awesome, so I hope I can get to know many of you. My other hobbies outside physical fitness include painting, playing drums, History/Philosophy, video and table-top games, and coffee.

Thanks for reading,
Cody

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Hi Everyone! Greetings from Chicago

#2 Postby C.O. » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:24 pm

What's up Cody from Chi-town, welcome! You play drums in a band? Got any youtubes or soundclouds up?

-Dylan

drbro1228
Rabbit

#3 Postby drbro1228 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 pm

C.O. wrote:What's up Cody from Chi-town, welcome! You play drums in a band? Got any youtubes or soundclouds up?

-Dylan

Unfortunately I haven't been in a band for a while, so I don't have anything recorded that's any good. Plus I can't take my drums to college, so I don't much playing in these days

graphicwave
Rabbit

#4 Postby graphicwave » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Nice to meet you! Always good to see the vegan community growing (aside from donuts haha). I used to love the vending machine honey buns with added butter and nuked for 10 seconds. yeahh a lot of vegans have come a long way!
Stay healthy, my friends.

Return to “Introductions”