Pulsin Pea protein

Hey guys,

I was just buying some hay fever tablets in my local supermarket and I spotted a brand of protein powder I've never seen before, and on offer too. Has anyone tried a brand called Pulsin' before? It may just be UK based. I've been using MyProtein's Vegan blend until recently, but I'm never sure whether this has too many added chemicals or not, whereas the Pulsin' seems to be ethically sourced, and crap free.

http://www.pulsin.co.uk/protein-powders/pea-protein-isolate.html

VEGAN - NO ADDED SUGAR - DAIRY FREE - GLUTEN FREE - NO TRANS FATS - NON GMO

Pulsin’ Pea Protein Isolate is a high quality hypoallergenic protein powder containing a balanced supply of amino acids, good digestive quality and a protein level of 85%. It is the perfect alternative for people wishing to avoid dairy and soya based proteins due to food allergy and intolerance, and is also gluten and GM free. Those with special dietary needs can also be assured that our pea protein is produced without solvent extraction from yellow split peas using a natural process of gentle purification, concentration, drying and powderisation.

Pea protein is a very versatile ingredient that can be mixed with both sweet and savoury foods with a serving size of 10-20g. We have found it particularly tasty in vegetable soups, where it can also be used as a thickener in place of corn flour – with the added benefit of increased protein content! Always add the protein powder towards the end of cooking as boiling or extended levels of heating may cause denaturation of the protein.

Pea protein can also be used to enhance many other foods to get creative in the kitchen!

Ingredients: 100% pea protein isolate

NutritionalAnalysis Per 20g Per 100g

Energy 293kJ 1467kJ

70kcal 351kcal

Protein 17.1g 85.5g

Carbohydrate 0.5g 2.3g

Fat 0.2g 1.0g

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/vegan-blend/10637445.html

Pea Protein Isolate, Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Hemp Protein, Cocoa Powder (chocolate flavour only), flavouring (flavoured options only), Digezyme® (Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Beta-D-Galactosidase, Lipase), Sweetener (Sucralose®[flavoured options only]).

Per 30 g serving:

Energy: 472kJ

Energy: 113kcal

Protein: 22.6g

Carbohydrate: 3.7g

Fat: 0.9g

My other concern is that apparently the vegan blend gives a more complete source of BCAAs than just pea protein.

I'm actually considering ditching protein shakes completely soon, but that's another decision for another day.

• 2 months later...

Nope I didn't try it in the end. I've since discovered that Amazon will deliver Sun Warrior to the UK, so I'm going to give that a shot.

I don't use protein powder in the same way as I used to, but I haven't ditched it. I will have a tablespoon of powder in my recovery shake, one scoop in my morning smoothie and one scoop in my afternoon oat drink.

Nope I didn't try it in the end. I've since discovered that Amazon will deliver Sun Warrior to the UK, so I'm going to give that a shot.

I don't use protein powder in the same way as I used to, but I haven't ditched it. I will have a tablespoon of powder in my recovery shake, one scoop in my morning smoothie and one scoop in my afternoon oat drink.

Well let us know how you like the Sun Warrior. I've been considering trying it. It's not a product I can buy in the stores here so I'd have to order it to. I'd prefer a product I can run out buy when I run out of but I here a lot sun warrior so IDK might be worth trying.